Page 354 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454854 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 23589
    Cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    Christ allmighty Mirror's Edge is a frustrating game. It started off well, and I was impressed, but now I've gotten to a part where I have to follow another runner by making a series of jumps from pipe to pipe, and Faith will absolutely not grab the third pipe, for some insane reason. The controls seem very particular, which isn't a good thing for a platformer. The most frustrating thing in a game is when you keep having to perform the same task over and over without a clue as to why you are continuously failing.
    I think you need to be looking up to grab onto stuff.

Currently playing Borderlands (from Steam sale). Making heads explode with the 3-round burst electric pistol I got from some push-over boss fight. The difficulty curve seems a bit wonky. The first few boss fights lock you in tiny arenas with guys who are murder incarnate, and throw hordes of mooks at you to boot. This guy politely sat in a turret the whole time, allowing me to easily rocket launcher him to death from cover. Previous to that, I'd taken out a sidequest boss by running him over with a car for a one-hit-kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Did a couple skirmishes in Age of Empires 3. Feels like Age of Empires, which is to say it feels dated, to me. Oh, how I long for unit retention and better organization than pumping out villagers one by one...
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by ZamFear View Post
    I think you need to be looking up to grab onto stuff.

Currently playing Borderlands (from Steam sale). Making heads explode with the 3-round burst electric pistol I got from some push-over boss fight. The difficulty curve seems a bit wonky. The first few boss fights lock you in tiny arenas with guys who are murder incarnate, and throw hordes of mooks at you to boot. This guy politely sat in a turret the whole time, allowing me to easily rocket launcher him to death from cover. Previous to that, I'd taken out a sidequest boss by running him over with a car for a one-hit-kill.
    Bought Borderlands from Amazon then activate it in steam. Whenever I try to click play a pop up message says " Steam Error Game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time." O_o

Err, first time I encounter that. Does it have online drm or need server that is currently offline?

Edit: After downloading 12 gb, I uninstall Borderlands. I cant seem to run it no matter what I do. I will try to redownload it and hope for the best. :(
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 17-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

There's some troubleshooting suggestions for that error here. The only time I've encountered that was installing Orcs Must Die from GamersGate, and verifying cache files fixed it.

Verified the cache I think 5 times. It started when the download suspended when only 10mb is from the game. So I tried to pause then click download again. But when I click play that error comes up.

Thanks for the guide. I will try that if ever I encounter that again after Borderlands finish installing.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Borderlands certainly have some balancing issues. Early on, you have to pick your fights carefully, and might even need to grind for levels at times, but later you will constantly run into quests that you leveled past long before you got them and sooner or later you will find a killer shotgun that will be your primary weapon for the rest of the game (and probably the better part of the DLC:s too). It's really fun though, so it gets away with it, but it's annoying to be sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Currently playing Binding Of Isaac and Brogue. Both awesome.

DE:IW, or Dear Esther: Invisible Walls. It made me sleepy. Otherwise, I was not impressed, despite being well aware going in that it's basically a short story you walk through.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamFear View Post
    There's some troubleshooting suggestions for that error here. The only time I've encountered that was installing Orcs Must Die from GamersGate, and verifying cache files fixed it.
    Redownloaded Borderlands and now its working. 30 mins in the game and I have a headache. I heard theres some tweaks that change FOV, gonna look for it.

Max Payne 3. I was prepared to hate it but I came out loving the game. The only complaint I have is that the gunplay isn't as tight as in the previous games, but it's still an absolute blast non the less. I really dig the presentation of the game, how it jumps in and out of cutscenes seamlessly and the fact that there is no loading times once you're in. And if you fail a section it's like Super Meat Boy, it loads it instantly for you to fail once more.

Also I have to give props to Rockstar for the level design as well. A really great variety of urban settings that are loaded with great little details.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    Max Payne 3. I was prepared to hate it but I came out loving the game. The only complaint I have is that the gunplay isn't as tight as in the previous games, but it's still an absolute blast non the less. I really dig the presentation of the game, how it jumps in and out of cutscenes seamlessly and the fact that there is no loading times once you're in. And if you fail a section it's like Super Meat Boy, it loads it instantly for you to fail once more.

Also I have to give props to Rockstar for the level design as well. A really great variety of urban settings that are loaded with great little details.
    It loads instantly yes, including the couple of seconds of non controlled animation or dialogue. Also fighting your way through a pretty long part of a level and then dying at the end and doing it 4 times over is so motivation breaking. This is mainly because the cover and controls are so clumsy, hitting Q and then Max who sticks to the wrong side of the object.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

OOH SHIT, I think I've let my dwarves dig a channel to my refuse pile. Hope that won't contaminate the reservoir...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Redownloaded Borderlands and now its working. 30 mins in the game and I have a headache. I heard theres some tweaks that change FOV, gonna look for it.
    You can't change the FOV properly, because it resets itself every time you enter (exit?) a vehicle, and I think also every time you unzoom a weapon. I don't know if it's seriously been done, but somebody mentioned binding the FOV-changing key to the walk-forward key as the best solution.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    You can't change the FOV properly, because it resets itself every time you enter (exit?) a vehicle, and I think also every time you unzoom a weapon. I don't know if it's seriously been done, but somebody mentioned binding the FOV-changing key to the walk-forward key as the best solution.
    They said it only reset if your playing online. But like you said, binding it to forward key lessen that nuisance. I tried that and so far I like the result. Change FOV to 95 and now I can play for more than an hour without getting a headache.

I found how to use third person view in Borderlands, so that's a really win for me. (I try to avoid FPS if there is an alternative)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Did a couple skirmishes in Age of Empires 3. Feels like Age of Empires, which is to say it feels dated, to me. Oh, how I long for unit retention and better organization than pumping out villagers one by one...
    The homecity/board game elements save it and bring enjoyable element to the game for me. But a game in which they don't feature too much makes them pretty tedious and clunky.

But I stand by the notion that RTS' were very much of their time and that as advances in gaming came in has made increasingly less sense to make a trad version given that they essentially a genre of compromising several elements which no longer require compromise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just got StarTopia in the mail! Time to relive some gaming memories!

Also -- Max Payne 3 has the best action gameplay I've played in years. It's a game of frequent and total desperation. As said above, it's the Super Meat Boy of action games. Each checkpoint is really its own level/unit of challenge. They're very carefully designed, and you can choose which specific checkpoint you want from the mission select screen. I do think (like Super Meat Boy) they should have let you skip past checkpoints that are too hard for you at the moment, but goddamn, those gunfights are things of beauty. <3 Max Payne 3.
    Last edited by Giaddon; 18-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Just got StarTopia in the mail! Time to relive some gaming memories!.
    Oh my, those were some good times. :)

To add content, I'm not actually playnig anything at the moment because I barely have time for it. I did manage to grab (more than) a few games from the steam sale, so there'll be some binging in two weeks.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I'm currently playing through Just Cause 2. The world is beautifully crafted and causing havoc everywhere is surprisingly fun, but there isn't really much variety in the gameplay or the missions, so for the most part you end up doing the same thing over and over.

Also, I just completed the fifth Agency mission and the plot went from slightly silly to completely bonkers. I'm not sure if this game is a terrible Michael Bay film or a brilliant parody of one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Almost done with Ys: Origins. I'm right before the final boss. Tonight, shit's gonna get real.