Page 355 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455855 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 23331
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I'm not sure if this game is a terrible Michael Bay film or a brilliant parody of one.
    I'd say the latter.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I found how to use third person view in Borderlands, so that's a really win for me. (I try to avoid FPS if there is an alternative)
    Third person view? Sounds interesting. What's the tweak for that? And how well does it actually work?
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Looks decent enough, and you can supposedly edit the camera position to how you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Third person view? Sounds interesting. What's the tweak for that? And how well does it actually work?
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...ad.php?t=79043

Found a bunch of tweaks there. There is also this app that put the tweaks for you so that you dont have to mess with the ini.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...=85874&page=38 Check this thread here for the app.

This is the 3rd person tweak that I use.

Originally Posted by Vaporizer
    I've just made this keybinding and it seems to be working perfect. It allows you to toggle between first- and thirdperson with F1, the zooming is always correct and you can still fire the weapon in a vehicle.
    Just add this to the end of [WillowGame.WillowPlayerInput]:

Code:
    Bindings=(Name="FirstPersonZoom",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux5",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="ThirdPersonZoom",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux5 | Camera FirstPerson | OnRelease Camera ThirdPerson",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="FirstPersonToggle",Command="Camera FirstPerson | setbind RightMouseButton FirstPersonZoom | setbind F1 ThirdPersonToggle",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="ThirdPersonToggle",Command="Camera ThirdPerson | setbind RightMouseButton ThirdPersonZoom | setbind F1 FirstPersonToggle",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="F1",Command="ThirdPersonToggle",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 18-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

I just started Just Cause 2, and the first time I drive a car up the road I crash into somebody, because apparently the citizens of Panau have absolutely no grasp of the concept 'right of way'.

What the hell, man. I'm driving here just like an upstanding citizen in a car that I didn't have to throw the occupant out of. Although with these controls, that really means that I'm driving just like an everyday asshole, in a car that I stole from my informant. But still, give me some credit.

...I'm probably playing this all wrong, aren't I?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How is this possible that Lithuania have so big army and its such a sucky country,its driving me crazy! I killed about 6-7 of their generals and out of nowhere four new generals with 1200+ army arrived infront of my doors..fuck this shit man

add_dinosaur #: (Max amount 40.000)

xD

Edit. Haha just beat their biggest army so far with little 200 men less..suck that!
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 18-07-2012 at 08:47 PM.

With The Wrath of The lamb I find myself playing The Binding of Isaac again.
    Also, Blood Bowl and Saints Row: The Third are driving me away from Deus Ex: HR, I'll have to forbid myself from starting any new game until I've finished with Saints and Deus.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

Edit. Haha just beat their biggest army so far with little 200 men less..suck that!
    These moments feel so amazing in Total War games. A rag-tag band of men under an untested commander (who you can zoom in on! wao!) hold some backwater fort against a massive army. All because of that risky cavalry charge that paid off in spades!

Really rewarding!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Yeah agree,its awesome when you manage to do that. Now i decided to sign peace with Lithuania,i payed them 400 coins to show me their map and we cut the deal for trade rights. So the plan is to gather four generals and build army for each one of them,then slowly move towards lithuania,now i also assigned alliance with Chuman Kanate,so they won't bother me from my back,and to make alliance stronger i'm going to try and marry one of my children to one of theirs,hope it turns good.

Ps. We could have topic in which we can post our progress about our campaigns in TW games,included with pics,pics are awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    It's been a while since I played one, but all this TW talk makes me want to crack one open again.

I have a bit of Steam Sale stuff I want to check out first though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    You know, I'll take invisible walls over "mysteriously start chunking your health away until you die", Serious Sam.

Fucking elves. If they to show their smug, stuck up faces again in my fortress to sell their bullshit, I'M TAKING THEM. MY LAWN, MY PROPERTY, PAL. And god, I need some fortifications, just in case
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I'm rather astonished at how shamelessly Just Cause 2 goes about being a terrorism simulator.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I'm rather astonished at how shamelessly Just Cause 2 goes about being a terrorism simulator.
    Terrorism, sure... but simulator?

Tho if you wanna game with terrorism...
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    I'd love to get one of the grappling hooks they're simulating.

Alice Madness Returns

Wonderful levels, art and design. They really needed to cut out a chunk of every single section of the game though. It's worth playing simply to see the world they've created and the creatures in it. I love that the people you see in real London are some of the most monstrous looking npcs in the game, even if those sections have nothing to do but walk forward.

Mechanically it's functional but dull. The combat is passable but there are too many copies of the same fights. Equally, the platforming is reasonable (if simple) but there's just too much of it. Every section of the game could have been cut by 20% and it would be a better game for it. Yes, I like your vaguely Eastern mountain but I don't want to do yet another section of jump-fight-jump with the same platforms and the same enemies. At least it's routinely easy and has some of the most generous checkpointing I've seen; I've quicksaved less than this game has checkpointed and adding a quadruple jump and glide system makes anything but the hardest jumps trivial.

Mafia 2

Oh god, that driving. I want to play it because I really liked Mafia 1 at the time but I just can't get past the driving mechanics. It makes you drive across the city repeatedly and all the cars so far are boats. To make any kind of turn you need to slow to a crawl, but they're so bad on the brakes that you can't drive at speed and expect to brake for the corner. I've played my share of racing sims and arcade racers and this is some awkward middle ground. Maybe cars in the 40's really drove like this, I don't want to drive like this though.

To make it worse, half of the time I seem to be driving simply to see a cutscene. If I'm driving to a conversation, driving to a briefing and then driving to the mission can't you just make the early driving a cutscene too and start me at the mission? I can't continue with this, the cars are too unwieldy and slow to have any fun. I don't mind driving around for immersion's sake but at least make it tolerable.

Yes, that was on normal handling not simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Hmmm... When does this happen? I can't remember the exact moment...

Unreal Tournament 2004:
    I just rebought this during the steam sale (have the old 6 CD version somewhere around here as well) and played it for the first time in years. It's really funny to see how different this feels compared to contemporary multiplayer FPS games. It's incredibly fast-paced and really requires you to move around and aim every split-second. In my opinion all contemporary FPS games feel really slow in comparison. And my verdict is, this game really rocks!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Alice Madness Returns

Wonderful levels, art and design. They really needed to cut out a chunk of every single section of the game though. It's worth playing simply to see the world they've created and the creatures in it. I love that the people you see in real London are some of the most monstrous looking npcs in the game, even if those sections have nothing to do but walk forward.

Mechanically it's functional but dull. The combat is passable but there are too many copies of the same fights. Equally, the platforming is reasonable (if simple) but there's just too much of it. Every section of the game could have been cut by 20% and it would be a better game for it. Yes, I like your vaguely Eastern mountain but I don't want to do yet another section of jump-fight-jump with the same platforms and the same enemies. At least it's routinely easy and has some of the most generous checkpointing I've seen; I've quicksaved less than this game has checkpointed and adding a quadruple jump and glide system makes anything but the hardest jumps trivial.
    That summarizes my experience with Alice pretty damn well. Although I would even go as far as to say that they could have cut 50% of every section for the better. I swear, it feels like I already spent 3 hours in that feudal Japanese setting, it almost makes me feel sick to continue ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Terrorism, sure... but simulator?

With an admittedly liberal use of 'simulator'. In any case, it's really gleeful about bombing an entire island nation back into the stone age.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Red Faction: Guerrilla is the more literal terrorism simulator.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Super Meat Boy works on this netbook! Huzzah!

Though it just makes me wish that Tommy Refenes would work his magic on Binding of Isaac so that would actually run smoothly.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...