Page 358 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458858 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 24141
    Network Hub
    Been playing "I Wanna Be The Guy Gaiden" on medium difficulty for a couple of hours. I didn't have patience for IWBTG, this is much easier and less frustrating. I was already one jump short of beating the last boss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Still playing Empire and we're at the year 1773 with the British in control of most of the world. There's some Dutch left in America and India, some Swedish in America (they attacked the Dutch) and in Europe there are the Dutch, Prussia, Russia, Poland Lithuania, Ottoman and Sweden left. I'm at war with Russia and Poland, taking more of their territory every turn. The plan is then to declare war on Sweden while maneuvering units around the remaining factions, then attacking the Prussians while ending my 70+ year alliance with the Dutch (it'll be a sad moment) before attacking them in preparation for attacking the Ottomans (my other ally) to finally take Egypt - the last province I need to win the game. This has been a fantastic trip and I recommend Empire to everyone.

And for those wondering if history will start to kick in, my American provinces couldn't be happier. But if they do decide to go all 1776 on me then things will go very, very badly for them.

RS3/TS2012! I was beginning to think this was an ideal game (ok, sim) to play before sleep because it just drives me into some kind of relaxed state when it's really easy to fall asleep. Then I tried Career Mode.

And don't look at my Steam timer, I pulled a nalano this time: forgot the launcher in the background, and turns out Steam counts it as if the real game (well, yes, sim) was running -- but I must have played at least 6 or 7 hours anyway.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Closing in on 100% in JC2, I can definitely say it's not worth it. I have the big city left, and it's just a pain, with watertowers and crates scattered all over the place. Also, I've read that the game is in fact bugged; that a watertower is missing or somesuch, so you can't actually get 100%.
    I discovered that as well. Yesterday I was trying to find all the pickups in the Three Kings area, and realized that I don't need vehicle parts, I don't need gun parts, and I don't need more money. So I'd much rather do all the missions and discover all locations. Seems like a better use of my game time than compulsively hunting for that last hidden destructible object that seems to be in every stronghold. It doesn't help that the game doesn't segregate between destructible and pickup, nor can you see anywhere what exactly you're missing.

There's a mod that places the missing water tower and pickups in the game world, but when I installed it, the propaganda trailers that I destroyed afterwards started respawning. So I didn't bother. God, this game would be so much better with some proper post-release support.

Now that I'm done with Max Payne 3 I started Half life. Didn't play the damn thing since it's release, and am quite surprised how well it holds up for a game that's almost 15 years old. I mean from design and gameplay perspective it even feels like we've taken a step back with the modern shooters of today which boil down to super linear shooting galleries, whilst HL has you exploring and traversing tricky obstacles and such fun stuff.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Network Hub
    I've hopped back onto the TF2 wagon recently, clocked up some 270 hours now. Still playing Virtua Fighter Final Showdown too, good fighter game. Also I recently got Tony Hawk 3 for the PC, inspired by nostalgia and the recent HD release in the series, which is supposedly kind of shit, sadly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    which is supposedly kind of shit, sadly.
    Huh? I've heard that it's pretty much the same exact game with HD graphics, and the only feature that's missing is (who the hell thought this would be a good idea?!) split-screen multi. But other than that, good stuff.

Network Hub
    I've heard from several people that have played it that the physics feel weird, the framerate is really low, it's really low on content for how expensive it is, the handling of reverts is weird and the soundtrack kind of sucks. Perhaps a patch or two will fix things up, who knows. I hope so since I'd probably get it if it gets fixed up/more content comes out.

On the other hand I just played Tony Hawk 3 again. It's like pure nostalgia being injected into my eyes.
    Last edited by cosmicolor; 21-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Binding of Isaac.

Finally killed mom.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Just today I starting playing Shogun 2 multiplayer. Anyone from the RPS clan still playing?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished FEAR: Perseus Mandate. The combat and some of the setpieces are excellent. It's a shame it looks so bad, as the bigger levels required sacrifices in other areas. But if combat is what you're looking for, this is the best FEAR experience.

Now I'm replaying FEAR 2. I didn't like it back in 2009. Now, right after its predecessors... HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS SO BAD! The combat is shit, with piss-poor weapons, worse movement and dumb AI. It also looks worse (although not as bad as some Perseus levels). Most objects have no shadows, the physics are mostly MIA, the combat effects like dust and holes in the walls are toned down, it's full of neon colours and the enemy design is insanely bad. You're fighting fucking Christmas trees! And half of them have explosive tanks taped to their back. It looks like Joel Schumacher's Batman movies, I shit you not! On top of this there's a very thick grain filter. The interface is GIGANTIC too.

What the hell happened to Monolith? Was Jace Hall really the only thing keeping the company afloat? This gen they started with two brilliant franchises and managed to run them both into the ground. No wonder they were eviscerated and ended up as a zombie studio.

I can't wait to get to FEAR 3. Some people claim Project Origin is better. They're insane. FEAR 3 is a lot more like the first game than this turd of a sequel.

Crysis. Now tell me, is it really so that the enemies respawn endlessly? Because no matter what I do, I cannot clear camps or anything but am forced to cloak and sneak through everything. It's like using guns has suddenly become completely useless: shoot one guy, two more appear from behind the corner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    They don't respawn at all, but reinforcements can arrive from other locations if the alarm is raised.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    They don't respawn at all, but reinforcements can arrive from other locations if the alarm is raised.
    Dammit. So I just need to try harder...

At some points they appeared so suddenly that I was certain they dropped in from thin air, as it were. Felt like the endless respawning in Just Cause 2. But I'm happy if you're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Binding of Isaac.

Finally killed mom.
    And in the game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Just finished Spec Ops the line. My Steam review: -

Quite possibly one of the most unrelentingly dark games I can recall ever playing. The combat is very challenging and a little bit unforgiving for a 3rd person shooter (cover is a necessity, not an option). In fact I'd recommend playing it on easy in that regard (normal can be a bit too much of a try again slog), however it's made up for by the intriguing storyline, atmospheric setting, top notch voice work (Mr North leading the charge) and general aesthetic. It might not be quite punching the high notes of a full on AAA title, but it’s pretty solid and if you’re looking for something a little different worth looking at. Also wait through the credit sequence. Firm thumbs up.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played the first few sequences of Batman: Arkham City. Not sure if I like this. There's a bit too many 'Press X', 'Press Y', 'Hold SPACE', etc. for my taste. I also ran into the same problem I have with most of these melee combat games; I can't figure out the relation between actions and results, when the one starts and the other ends. I'm sure this creates the fluid gameplay that is present here as well, but it makes it a bit of a mystery which moves were good vs. just OK.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played the first few sequences of Batman: Arkham City. Not sure if I like this. There's a bit too many 'Press X', 'Press Y', 'Hold SPACE', etc. for my taste. I also ran into the same problem I have with most of these melee combat games; I can't figure out the relation between actions and results, when the one starts and the other ends. I'm sure this creates the fluid gameplay that is present here as well, but it makes it a bit of a mystery which moves were good vs. just OK.
    I had essentially the same problem with it. Add to that the fights becoming genuinely difficult pretty early on (on normal difficulty) and I found it got very frustrating. I'm sure if I could figure out how not to just button mash it might work for me, but I find the whole thing oddly non-compelling. I found breaking up the Batman sequences with catwoman really jarring, too.

It's annoying, because it's a game I really want to like. I keep hoping I'll eventually go back to it and find something I didn't the first time.
    Last edited by vinraith; 22-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.

I had some problems with Arkham City, too. It was just a little too much, after Arkham Asylum was so... everybody keeps saying it... tight. having preordered it on GMG and being postponed so many times didn't really help my feelings towards it, of course.

right now, I'm once again having a blast with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which everyone seems to be rediscovering right now. Playing the missing link for the first time, that little DLC might just make my game of this year, even if the base is already a year old.

The game just shines with some classical music (Brahms right now, is that weird?) and a discover-everything approach, while gleefully planning the next playthrough without any equipment. no game has made me do that before.
    Last edited by elephant god; 22-07-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I can't wait to get to FEAR 3. Some people claim Project Origin is better. They're insane. FEAR 3 is a lot more like the first game than this turd of a sequel.
    IMO it's to much like COD, there's not enough monsters (most of the time it's a human enemy), the jump moments are badly signposted and there's not enough 'what just happened?' moments. FEAR 2 was by far a bettergame.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile