Page 359 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459859 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 24225
    Activated Node
    Just started playing Dragon Age 2, and to my surprise, I'm loving it so far. I played about 2 hours in to Origins and hated it, didn't click, hated the characters and the plot even the combat. My general rule of thumb is the first couple of hours either tell me good or bad. So far I'm loving 2.

Oh but a recommendation to anyone, start on hard, much more fun!

Maybe I'll go back to origins after!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Completed Max Payne 3, it had some gameplay problems but other than that it was an amazing game.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Still playing driver : SF so here are some new impressions.
    -You get used to the lack of force feedback, the kind of akward non driving controls on a wheel and the primitive graphics. They are all missing things, rather than active detriments to the gameplay.

-For some reason during the first 3-4 hours you barely get any cars to drive, the game shows 20 odd locked out cars that you have to buy/unlock in the story and it appears that that is all the game has to offer.
    As you go on more locked vehicles appear in the vehicle list (a lot more) and the city populates itself with way more cars.

-The beginning cars are no fun at all, they have no character, the physics are both arcadey and very generic dull.
    -Several of the later cars actually get interesting handling (not just faster) , no idea why they made you play through 4 hours of shit to get to some fun cars but at least it gets better, initially I thought the driving in this game was FAR inferior to driver 1 but now it is similar (with ups and downs).

-The shifting to different cars mechanic has its ups and downs:
    Chases boil down to parking a bus in the way of the car or driving into it from the opposite lane before switching back, which is far less fun than the proper chases from driver 1.
    Races where you have to come in both 1st and second are a blast though, very cool idea there.

-shifting is akward and laborious and slow at first, then a few hours in the game lets you zoom out more, it's good that it becomes better but another one of those WHY OH WHY have unlocks that un-shit the game? Just do it right from the start!

-switching to cars in your garage needs improving, for some missions you need a strong car , for others an offroad one, for others a fast fragile one (well that's what the game encourages you to do at least) , but you can only switch mission car by going in your garage, scrolling through some console gimp list and watching an animation as the new car drives out then going all the way back to the mission start in birdseye view.
    What this means is that despite buying a ton of cars, you never end up using any of them, I always just use the same allrounder until I get a better one..

Still, despite all it's glaring (some unforgivable) and not so glaring flaws there's a decent game underneath that can appeal to fans of driver and nfs most wanted.

I've just finished Saints Row: The Third's main storyline. It was shorter than I expected it to be, and I'm not one for doing all of the activities, I'll keep coming back sometimes for as long as they stay fun but it was kind of a letdown on that regard.
    I guess I'll go back to Deus Ex: HR​ now.

Quote Originally Posted by augustuskent View Post
    Just started playing Dragon Age 2, and to my surprise, I'm loving it so far. I played about 2 hours in to Origins and hated it, didn't click, hated the characters and the plot even the combat. My general rule of thumb is the first couple of hours either tell me good or bad. So far I'm loving 2.

Oh but a recommendation to anyone, start on hard, much more fun!

Maybe I'll go back to origins after!
    I had the same experience as you, completed DA2 before Origins. When I went back and gave Origins a few more hours it became quite a lot more interesting, by now I've completed it twice, while DA2 has only seen that one quick playthrough.

Currently I'm playing Dwarf Fortress, every time I play that game I manage to become absorbed in only that for about a week before I quit for a few months when my fortress is destroyed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I bought 12 games in the past week, so of course I'm not playing any of those. Mostly it's been World of Tanks (getting a bit tired of the matchmaking, though), Open General, a bit of S.P.A.Z. and the Unity of Command demo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished FEAR 2. What an embarassing game! I'm not even sure why I kept playing after the first few levels.

And then I played the singleplayer DLC, FEAR 2: Reborn. Surprising the hell out of me, it turned out to be 40 minutes of 100% awesome. In these 40 minutes I went through a dozen different locations, witnessed a bunch of awesome setpieces, killed every enemy type from the main game, wielded most guns and was treated to an actually well made story. Great little DLC, lost in the shadow of its putrid main game.

Just logged off from the final Guild Wars 2 beta weekend. This weekend was the best (and longest) for me, I am really looking forward to the release. Had a look at most of the classes and races, now I've got ~5 weeks to decide what to play. My favourite so far: Charr Elementalist and Human Warrior, followed by Norn Ranger.
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I finished FEAR 2. What an embarassing game! I'm not even sure why I kept playing after the first few levels.

And then I played the singleplayer DLC, FEAR 2: Reborn. Surprising the hell out of me, it turned out to be 40 minutes of 100% awesome. In these 40 minutes I went through a dozen different locations, witnessed a bunch of awesome setpieces, killed every enemy type from the main game, wielded most guns and was treated to an actually well made story. Great little DLC, lost in the shadow of its putrid main game.
    Yeah FEAR 2 was a bit of a fizzle. The weapon handling felt worse than the first game. Some of the environments were pretty good-looking though, especially the school.

Activated Node Proctor Eldritch's Avatar
    Playing around with Endless Space right now. It's my first 4X so I'm stumbling around quite a bit and getting my ass handed to me by the AI. I've been playing 1v1 to get a handle on the mechanics of expanding and developing science in a tactical way. Then there are the different advantages for each race to consider. Managed to win my first scenario last night. (I'm blue)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Completely off topic, but Palmer Eldrich is such a terrifying villain. Big ups.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I bought Sonic 4: Episode 2 earlier and I did a run-through in one sitting. It's such an...euch, I don't really know how to highlight it. Basically, it's not as good as games that came out 20 years ago which, if we're being frank, is some pretty hefty bullshit. It looks nice, although looks a lot nicer when you use Catalyst to give it AA (amongst other nice graphical sprinkles) which it completely lacks. Some of the music is pretty good whilst most of it is either mediocre or down-right bad. The physics are pretty good, but still off in places, but the absolute worst offender of the game is the level design. This stretches to the special stages too. Christ, I don't know what they were thinking at some parts. Springs and booster-pads are common making some sections auto-run, whilst other levels may contain gaping chasms that are not necessary other than for arbitrary difficulty.

Of the two Sonic games out this year, Sonic CD is by far and away better.