Page 362 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 22715
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Just killed Mom for the first time in Binding of Isaac (took 12 hours all in all). Now I'm in for some Gods and Kings as Theodora.
    You have encountered: Suleiman of the Ottomans (zoom to capital?)

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I wonder where all the bad word of mouth is coming from. I already figured out that the COD comparisons come from the Brazil levels. Is it because Monolith isn't involved? But this is objectively better than what FEAR 2 was.
    No it's not. As I've said before;

1. The supernatrual events are not properly signposted.
    2. Too many human enemies.
    3. No standout moments except for the 'tinitus' moment.
    4. Two weapon loadout.
    5. The walker sections aren't as good as FEAR 2's.
    6. The end was pointless and under explained.
    Last edited by magnus1969; 24-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    You have encountered: Suleiman of the Ottomans (zoom to capital?)
    He actually is in my game, but he is pretty weak at the moment.

Finished Bastion. I chose to [spoilers]save Zulf, then evacuate[spoilers]

Now onto The Walking Dead.

Network Hub
    I just finished Alpha Protocol and I am PISSED! During all the mission I was trying to be non-lethal but it's not really that easy when you can have only 36 tranquilizer rounds on yourself plus I somehow missed 3 (THREE!!!) objectives in the last misson even though I 100%d' all the other missions. I have no idea how that happened.
    Oh yes, these objectives had something to do with Mina (I did not rescue her) and possibly Scarlet so they are probably dead. Plus I had to repeat this one bit after the fight with S. Darcy like a bazillion times because the game did not spawn the chopper where it should've been. Peachy.
    I wanted to praise this game so much but now I just feel betrayed by my own country! Err, I mean by the game, of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Trucking on with Serious Sam: Second Encounter and I think I've completed the second full level. Still, allow me to offer you some perspective; estimated play time of around 1 hour, according to the post-level stats. Saves - 45.

There are few other games that I would permit me going "Oooooooooh shit!" to this frequently, but even when I inevitably die and have to reload, it's still worth it.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Vessel

Such a lovely game! Definitely the best surprise from the Steam summer sale so far. Never read the RPS articles on it back when it was released, so had no idea of what kind of game it was. It's really addicting!
    Just made it through the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Vessel

Such a lovely game! Definitely the best surprise from the Steam summer sale so far. Never read the RPS articles on it back when it was released, so had no idea of what kind of game it was. It's really addicting!
    Just made it through the factory.
    Does a quad-core help with the performance because I am getting a lot of slow-down, ( at the moment I have Windows 7 and a GTX 560 and 4g of RAM).
    My Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    Does a quad-core help with the performance because I am getting a lot of slow-down, ( at the moment I have Windows 7 and a GTX 560 and 4g of RAM).
    Hmmm... Well, I have a hexacore CPU but an old Radeon HD4670, and it seems to work well for me. I get a few frameskips in certain rooms, but I can definitely live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    Hmmm... Well, I have a hexacore CPU but an old Radeon HD4670, and it seems to work well for me. I get a few frameskips in certain rooms, but I can definitely live with that.
    Well, I'll find at the end of August.
    My Steam profile

Activated Node
    Guild wars 2, only recently. But need to wait for the release. For me this is going to be THE game for a long time. To be correct, the currently game I play is LoL for time to time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played a bit of Test Drive Unlimited 2. The driving with a wheel is a bit 'meh'. Not very impressed by that, so I'll have to see if there's some tweaking that can be done with various settings to make it a bit more interesting. The original TDU was never great at this either, but I don't recall it being this wobbly. On another note, it's such a shame that they recreated a lot of the actual real-world roads and then just placed random buildings everywhere. Anyway, a typical 'nothing special, but worth a couple of euros' kind of racing game.

Still waiting for that free-roam racer with decently realistic physics and an interesting and detailed world!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    LA Noir bored me for a while by providing several random cases, but I'm really getting into it after being promoted to Homicide. I've been given interconnected cases with the same MO. There's a serial killer on the loose out there who has become my arch-nemesis, and every time I start a new related case I say to myself "this is the one where I'll finally nail the bastard." But it never seems to happen. I always end up with insurmountable evidence against an obvious suspect which just smells wrong.

Bah. One day he'll make a mistake, and then I'll pounce on him like a ninja.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 25-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    but I'm really getting into it after being promoted to Homicide.
    Traffic is pretty much an extended tutorial.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Replaying Prince of Persia 2008. What a wonderful game! The presentation and atmosphere are amazing. I enjoy the focus on timing and "going with the flow" for platforming. Was never a fan of precision platforming. The combat is much better now that I'm using a controller.
    In my two previous attempts to play this I abandoned it when facing the immortal boss. I think I'll play it to the end now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Alright, I'm done with Alice: Madness Returns. Interesting art design (though too much of the first chapter is drab and industrial), but ultimately much too repetitive, much too padded out, and much too platformy for my tastes. The combat's pretty good, but even that gets old, and don't get me started on all the instadeath platforming elements. So, yeah, done. Didn't pay much for it, didn't get much out of it, fair all around.

Considering going back to Hegemony Gold, or starting a new game of Fallout New Vegas (gotta check my mods to make sure I'm up to date),or both. We'll see what sticks.

Edit: While I'm dicking around, I think I'll try this copy of Theatre of War 2 a charming individual gifted me awhile back and see if it sucks.

Edit2: Based on messing around with it for a short while it appears to be a crude version of Men of War.
    Last edited by vinraith; 25-07-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finished To the Moon. Fantastic experience.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Blowing stuff up with a purple attack helicopter to the sound of Wagner doesn't seem to get old ...

Related question: When is the best time to do the Season Pass DLC missions (before/after completion of the main story) and in what chronological order?

I'd say you can do them whenever you feel, they don't really have any tie to the story and give you some cool stuff when completed, and if for some reason you want to do them again you can repeat them as many times as you please.

Since I finished Deus Ex: HR, from wich I didn't really like all of the Panchea bit, I started with Just Cause 2. It seems fun, but the interface is ugly as all hell, the subtitles are too low on the screen and the voicework is kind of bad. Nothing I can't get used to, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Just Cause 2. It seems fun, but the interface is ugly as all hell, the subtitles are too low on the screen and the voicework is kind of bad. Nothing I can't get used to, though.
    "Kind of bad" is a massive understatement I think. It hovers somewhere between "hilariously terrible" and "a crime against humanity".