Page 363 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463863 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 23789
    im playing minecraft

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Ass Rev, completely forgotten the nonsense story from brotherhood so mildly lost there but that's nothing new and the story isn't something I really care about.

Constantinople feels like a rehashed Damascus and I don't remember the engine looking this bad before but that's probably just in comparison to other games.

Overall it feels ok but I understand the disappointment after brotherhood was actually quite fun as this feels even more like the same old thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    "Kind of bad" is a massive understatement I think. It hovers somewhere between "hilariously terrible" and "a crime against humanity".
    For gaming standards that actually means kind of bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    For gaming standards that actually means kind of bad.
    Hehe, probably so!

Was lucky enough to nab Prototype 2 cheap (well, Aus-cheap) when it launched on Steam at the wrong price. It's not a terrible port, surprisingly; in fact it currently runs better on my system than the original (mouse-lag bugs etc.) and it looks fantastic. I'm enjoying the gameplay; it hasn't really departed from #1 yet but everything is more fluid and polished... except the target+autoaim system with ranged weapons, which I could do without. But who'd use guns in Prototype anyway, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Ass Rev, completely forgotten the nonsense story from brotherhood so mildly lost there but that's nothing new and the story isn't something I really care about.

Constantinople feels like a rehashed Damascus and I don't remember the engine looking this bad before but that's probably just in comparison to other games.

Overall it feels ok but I understand the disappointment after brotherhood was actually quite fun as this feels even more like the same old thing.
    Hearing that, I might just honestly skip it. Such a shame to hear even a brotherhood fan (like myself) finds rev a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Alright, I'm done with Alice: Madness Returns. Interesting art design (though too much of the first chapter is drab and industrial), but ultimately much too repetitive, much too padded out, and much too platformy for my tastes. The combat's pretty good, but even that gets old, and don't get me started on all the instadeath platforming elements. So, yeah, done. Didn't pay much for it, didn't get much out of it, fair all around.
    I'm glad I finished it, but I wouldnt wish it on anyone, does that make sense? Why not watch a cutrscene video to fill your experience in?
    Part 1: http://youtu.be/tmLOtLN5RBA
    just skip ahead to wherever you are.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 25-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Hearing that, I might just honestly skip it. Such a shame to hear even a brotherhood fan (like myself) finds rev a failure.
    I wouldn't necessarily consider it a failure, there's a solid game in there just nothing amazing.

If you're not that into the storyline I don't think you'd miss a lot from skipping it but I'll see how I feel after giving it some more time.

"Kind of bad" is a massive understatement I think. It hovers somewhere between "hilariously terrible" and "a crime against humanity".
    Play Game of Thrones RPG if you want to hear the definition of "a crime against humanity" in voicework.

The problem is that AssRev was mostly unnecessary. Does anybody even remember who the main villain was and his nefarious plan? Probably not. The only thing it does is concluding the Ezio storyline, which was well done, but that's it. Neither the conspiracy nor the Desmond plot go anywhere. I think they could have achieved all that with a mere DLC for Brotherhood.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Bolo Santosi has the voice of an angel.

Finished Prince of Persia; great platformer, but a bit of a daft ending. I'm a sucker for these kinds of games like PoP and the most recent Tomb Raiders. I just find there's something so satisfying about being in a giant room and figuring out how to traverse it using the environment and various acrobatics.

Started and finished Batman: Arkham City's Harley Quinn DLC. Quite short, (I finished it in just under two hours) but I didn't pay much for it either so I can't complain. Not bad.

Moved swiftly onto Space Marine. Took me a while to get used to the combat, but now that I am I'm having a blast. One thing that's annoying me though, is getting stuck into some melee combat, and dying because I'm still getting shot at by someone. It reminds me of Zeno Clash, because I remember that happening to me in that game and it really annoyed me then too.

Also playing some Team Fortress 2 with the newly-formed RPS TF2 group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I liked Assassin's Creed: Revelations a lot more than Brotherhood. But then, I'm not playing these games for the story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Well that's a shitty end to an otherwise great experience. Empire Total War now has a decent chance of failing to properly save a game or just crashes when loading it for some reason. For example, the quick save crashes while loading as does the proper save made a couple of minutes before (bar gets to about 20% the crash to desktop), but the autosave at the end of the previous turn loads fine. I really wanted to get full world domination but I'm not sure I want to play this roulette of game saving, never knowing if I'll end an evening only to have to replay all the battles on the next one.

The annoying thing is this doesn't seem to be an isolated problem, more CA dropping the ball and just saying fuck it. They're still great developers but shit like this is irritating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Bolo Santosi has the voice of an angel.

She sounds like that voodoo priest from Pirates of the caribbean.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Well that's a shitty end to an otherwise great experience. Empire Total War now has a decent chance of failing to properly save a game or just crashes when loading it for some reason. For example, the quick save crashes while loading as does the proper save made a couple of minutes before (bar gets to about 20% the crash to desktop), but the autosave at the end of the previous turn loads fine. I really wanted to get full world domination but I'm not sure I want to play this roulette of game saving, never knowing if I'll end an evening only to have to replay all the battles on the next one.

The annoying thing is this doesn't seem to be an isolated problem, more CA dropping the ball and just saying fuck it. They're still great developers but shit like this is irritating.
    That's a bummer. I think I experienced something like this back when the game was fairly new, but it was years ago and my memory isn't quite what it used to be (I blame the grey hairs, I think they're simply grey matter pushed up through the skull). I assume you're patched to the latest version?

edit - have you tried the solution suggested in this thread?
    Last edited by Fumarole; 25-07-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Play Assassins Creed Revelations, guys. It came way, way too soon after Brotherhood but the Altair bits are really good and after having put the game down for so long, I'm glad I'm back into it again. I'm surprised people are saying it looks old, it seems like a great looking game still.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    That's a bummer. I think I experienced something like this back when the game was fairly new, but it was years ago and my memory isn't quite what it used to be (I blame the grey hairs, I think they're simply grey matter pushed up through the skull). I assume you're patched to the latest version?

edit - have you tried the solution suggested in this thread?
    Steam version so should be fully up to date.

Thanks for the link, I found the editor and tried saving the file again as a different name and still the same problem - the exact same as the guy describes in the link. I'm close to the end so might try sitting down at the weekend and doing a long session where I set all my large European cities to build armies and crush every last non-British city in a turn or two. It's probably possible but not really the end I wanted for my campaign.

I also want to note the corrupt savegames are for the year 1776, so this could be some kind of revenge for putting down the USA faction about 30 years ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I also want to note the corrupt savegames are for the year 1776, so this could be some kind of revenge for putting down the USA faction about 30 years ago.
    Oh, well in that case you deserve it.

(•‿•)
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Well, damn. I thought of this really awesome way to take off in an airplane when you don't have any runway, but I can't make it work. This is my plan:

1. Acquire airplane
    2. Acquire helicopter powerful enough to lift the airplane
    3. Tether airplane and helicopter together
    4. Enter helicopter
    5. Airlift airplane really high
    6. Exit helicopter
    7. Enter airplane while it is in freefall
    8. Fire up the engines and fly away Like A Boss

In Just Cause 2, the plan falls apart at step 7. When I grapple onto the airplane, I can stunt jump onto it for a few seconds before I get ragdolled, and during those few seconds it's not possible to get in. So the only remaining possibility is to go to multiplayer and get another person in the plane before airlifting it, and go full throttle once they're both in the air.

The militaries of the world might also want to thank me because the above method makes airfields with long runways obsolete!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The militaries of the world might also want to thank me because the above method makes airfields with long runways obsolete!
    My suggestion is to drag the plane by the nose, I think it'll take longer to point down and accelerate slower. needs testing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/