Page 364 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464864 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 23684
    Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I don't want to spam this thread with Youtube videos of Just Cause 2, but someone did manage a successful mid-air grab of a plane. Though considering his failure rate, I'd assume that this wasn't really intented to be possible.

Network Hub
    Kingdom Under Fire: Gold (A war of Heroes 1.7 Patch)
    An RTS/RPG Hybrid similar to Warcraft II (With Heroes however, which was first introduced in WCIII: RoC)
    Campaigns as Human or Orc/Ogre with cinematics, storyline and a large amount of units/upgrades. Beware: You cannot mass-select, but you can bind unit groups as with Warcraft. Your best option is to "TPB" the game, as Phantagram & Blue Side will not release it, I have actually e-mailed them about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Been playing a very slight bit of Just Cause 2 (I'm sick, so gaming isn't really the thing for me right now) and noticed that, like the first time I played the game, on another system, the intro cutscene's sounds are way off. The voices aren't that off, but all the shooting and other background sounds end way before the cutscene does, like halfway through or so.

Does this happen to other people?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Though considering his failure rate, I'd assume that this wasn't really intented to be possible.
    Isnt that the point of sandbox? They dont need to give you permission to build a machine that prints out houses in minecraft or have tractor vs helicopter hunts or use fuel barrels to simulate nuclear devastation, these things are what makes sandbox special BECAUSE no-one ever planned for it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Been playing a very slight bit of Just Cause 2 (I'm sick, so gaming isn't really the thing for me right now) and noticed that, like the first time I played the game, on another system, the intro cutscene's sounds are way off. The voices aren't that off, but all the shooting and other background sounds end way before the cutscene does, like halfway through or so.

Does this happen to other people?
    The cutscenes in Just Cause are terrible. They somehow ignore some of the sound settings, and since i usually have the sound turned way down (just cause 2 is one of the best games to play while watching sth on a second monitor), it usually blasts me in the face with the noise of some approaching truck, as soon as the cutscene starts.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I don't want to spam this thread with Youtube videos of Just Cause 2, but someone did manage a successful mid-air grab of a plane. Though considering his failure rate, I'd assume that this wasn't really intented to be possible.
    Yep, that's exactly how I failed every time as well. The key seems to be to sling the plane back and forth a bit so that you are in the position to grapple onto the top, and that the plane stays relatively horizontal. The reason that it's so hard must be because of the collision detection being much more sensitive to vertical collisions than horizontal ones, so you get ragdolled every time you try.

Another thing that makes JC2 a rubbish PC port: No quicksaves. No saves at any time in fact, because every saved game puts you right back at a stronghold instead of where you were originally. That means every time you jump out of that chopper, you need to land, buy a new plane and chopper, and climb all the way back up again. Would be so much easier if it just remembered where the hell you saved your game.

Finished Zeno Clash. Enjoyed it but probably never going to replay it. Liked what it did but not enough to really make me care.

Been playing a couple of other things now. Guardians of Graxia is entertaining enough but lacks a bit of, I dunno, depth? The mechanics are fairly swell (though a bit ropey here and there) but I feel like I've already seen everything the game has to offer during the first few missions. Duels of the Planeswalkers for example, seeing as it's the most recent rather similar game, has that constant element of growth and depth to it - you're building your own deck (even if from presets), opening up new tactics and units as you go and adjusting your playstyle according to your opponent. In Graxia every single fight is more or less identical, and while you get new units/spells as you progress (without any mention, they just appear if they appear when the RNG decides) they don't really seem to be that drastically different. It probably makes for an excellent boardgame to play now and then, but when turned into a PC game campaign it's a bit awkward. But still, mechanics are swell enough and I've been enjoying a game now and then. Bloody challenging too, so there's that if anyone cares.

Also installed The Binding of Isaac today. Already lost a few hours to it and I'm pretty sure I'll be addicted to this for a fair bit now.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played a bit more of Test Drive Unlimited 2. I don't think I'll continue much further. The force feedback and controls with a wheel are just bad, unresponsive and the feeling with the car is just not there. It might be fun with a controller, but I don't much care for playing a racing game with that.

Time to try one of the adventure games I picked up during the Steam sale!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I feel odd talking about it what with them having a thread over yonder but.

Bloodbowl Legendary and Solium Infernium are both drinking up my free brain cycles, while Shoot Many Robots does an excellent impression of Diablo addictiveness taking up my spare motor function.

My soul needs a game and I'm all good.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The militaries of the world might also want to thank me because the above method makes airfields with long runways obsolete!
    I did this on the PS3 version:

I'm currently playing Alpha Protocol and really not getting on with it too well. Between one bizarre glitch where I teleported from the ground to the top of a crate I was standing next to which somehow triggered a checkpoint that I hadn't reached yet, which in turn caused an important room (needed to use the ladder inside it) to not load and the general feeling of half-arsedness, I'm just not enjoying it. I'm on one mission where I keep getting spotted by this one guy even though I'm nowhere near him and the last checkpoint was ages before, and required me to do two of those 'godawful what in the Christ were they thinking this sucks did anyone even try this with a mouse' hacking things, so I got fucked off and left it. I do want to like it and almost did, but the hacking thing got the better of me. I'll try again when it's not so damn hot, I get extremely short tempered when I sweat.

I finished Season 3 of Sam & Max.
    I liked it but I think I had more fun with the other two seasons.

Also playing a bit of Driver SF. It's bloody brilliant. I'm having so much silly fun with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I have decided that Serious Sam (Second Encounter) is actually a puzzle game. "If I use this bomb now, will I have enough normal ammo to take down this boss and horde of monsters?" Yes, if by bomb you mean 3 of them and all your cannonballs.

Good god, such a great game. There needs to be more Serious Sams in the world.