Page 370 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470870 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 23623
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So if mass effect 3 gave you exp for going into a space kitten orphanage and choking the kittens gave more exp than shooting it would be the games fault you choked 2 dozen kittens?

And in the game.
    Baldurs throw the quests at you. without providing an alternative. imo...
    you finally get to Baldurs Gate. after questing through cloakwood which was 4 hour minimum epic adventure where you battle an army, dragons (okay wyvrens), ogres and most powerful mages, then you find out that you are asked to rob a house. really? it being one of the quests in baldurs, something small you always do on the side during epic adventures... i might be okay with it but it is one of the first thing you encounter. It breaks the flow as this time it does not feel like something you just do in your way to figuring out whats going on with Iron Throne but feels like a necessary step in the storyline.
    meh. gonna kill them all anyway so no biggie. hate thieves.

does mass effect 3 do something similar since you mention it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So if mass effect 3 gave you exp for going into a space kitten orphanage and choking the kittens gave more exp than shooting it would be the games fault you choked 2 dozen kittens?

And in the game.
    I think we both know the answer to that question is yes, we'd choke those kittens so fast nobody'd even hear a single mew in protest.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Oh come on now, all the good heroes of legend indulged in petty thievery. All the way back from when Prometheus stole fire from the other gods.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Prince of Persia 2008 always puts a smile on my face.
    Whoever said this game doesn't punish players never made it past the first couple of areas. When you have to repeat a minute-long platforming sequence, it feels pretty damn punishing. Yet not annoying, because the gravity defying stunts are hypnotising.
    As far as I'm concerned this game is a masterpiece.
    Curiously enough, I'm playing that as well. It's fun but I really can't play it for more than an hour without getting bored. It seriously lacks some variety.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Been playing the original Thief which I got in the steam sale. It was going good, but then I got to the boneyard. Now I'm lost and there are zombies everywhere. It's like someone accidentally inserted a Quake level into my stealth thievery game.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    No. But I heard LNP had that one. How do I use it again?
    Oh, it's really easy. Its a big grid, on the right you have your dwarves and on the top you have all of the jobs, it tells you what your dwarves are good at and to tell them to start or stop doing some job you just click on the boxes and hit apply changes (it might not be called like this, it's been months since I hit dwarf fortress). It also includes various ways to sort your dwarves, wich can be very useful.
    Pick it up, and soon you'll be wondering how you could play without it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    That sounds amazing. Please tell me you made a video of it.
    Alas, I did not. I might be able to splice one together with the 30-second clips Fraps allows me to make, but I don't know of any other video recording solutions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Alas, I did not. I might be able to splice one together with the 30-second clips Fraps allows me to make, but I don't know of any other video recording solutions.
    I've seen MSI Afterburner, WeGame and XFire recommended in various places, but haven't tried any of them. I believe they're all free, though.
    Of the non-free, Dxtory is apparently rather good, but also rather expensive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Just finished Max Payne 3

Stunning looking game with a decent vibe to it. The combat model is pretty impressive (shooting from prone is particularly well done), but does require a bit of getting used to. I recommend doing a chapter or two dry run initially so you get used to using the bullet time mechanic and when to instigate it. Story doesn't really contain a huge amount of surprises to be honest, though the signposting isn't as egregious as in GTA IV, and overall the writing is as hard boiled as one would expect from a Max Payne game.

The game suffers from a couple of difficulty spikes in places, and the body count does get a tad ridiculous at times (New York could've done with a lot less targets overall I feel), however it is an action shooter so overboard numbers are to be expected. Iíve not played the MP so I canít comment on that however if youíre looking for something shooty and stylish to keep you occupied, Iíd give a firm thumbs up.

Interested to see given the great detail put into the combat mechanics of MP3 whether Rockstar will incorporate any of it into GTA V. Obviously the natures of the game (linear shooter Vs open world) are distinct, but if they bring across the movement model and cover mechanics (if not the bullet time) then it's all for the good.
    My only nitpick about this game is the cover system and the checkpoint annoyance, Max didn't always stick to the right side of an object because there was no indication to where he was going to stick to, Splinter Cell conviction did this the right way. And like you said there are points where it gets strangely difficult for a brief moment; dying isn't so bad because the game loads instantly but because of the weird checkpoint system it usually loads the cutscene or dialogue as well which got really tiresome.

Most of my dying was because I was out of bullets or pain killers a lot.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

LTK discovers games using Direct3D cannot be played over remote desktop connection. LTK sad. LTK plays Spacechem instead.

I finished Space Marine. Quite enjoyable, even if there were a few annoying checkpoints. The jump pack sections were awesome though; they should have some DLC entitled 'Additional Jump Pack Levels', I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Started Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. Slicing a building in half and watching it collapse spectacularly has never been more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Been playing the original Thief which I got in the steam sale. It was going good, but then I got to the boneyard. Now I'm lost and there are zombies everywhere. It's like someone accidentally inserted a Quake level into my stealth thievery game.
    Stick with it. This was one of the issues people had with Thief 1 that was largely addressed in Thief 2.

Conserve your holy water so that you can use it to destroy as big a group of zombies as you can. Same goes for mines and flash bombs. One good tactic is to lure a bunch of them into following you and then take them all out at once.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've picked up Just Cause 2 again, and guess what? There's a Just Cause 2 Multiplayer beta test today! It's absolutely fucking hilarious, for a while, but then you realise you're playing a shooter where you can't shoot people unless you find a jet, tank, chopper, car or boat with weapons on it and there's no persistence whatsoever so there's not really a whole lot to do. Still, tying your car to someone else's while you're both shitting it along a road then driving off the next bridge is pretty damn funny.

Out of all the games I bought in the Steam sale - some big hitting triple AAA's among them - the only one I've played is Bookworm Adventures Deluxe :D

Just completed it. Best words were Threatened, Planetary and Marketeer. Ooh yeah.

I'm starting to get somewhat bored of Just Cause 2, most missions just don't feel like something worth doing, I give it some extra time, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Serious Sam: Second Encounter continues to give me secrets to find, enemies to kill and more of them to kill me. I don't know if it's harder than FE, but it's certainly incredibly challenging at points. I caught myself earlier saying "This is impossible!" Twice. Granted, that was the same section. That being said, I certainly feel it's the better of the two. Not just the changing environments, but the level design is far-and-away better. The arenas are still absurdly obvious, but the rest of the time it's well done.

Anyhow, I feel like I'm on the penultimate level and am currently killing a ridiculously sized horde of kamikazes...while a rock version of Jingle Bells plays. I like that in SE, they just went insane with pretty much everything.