Page 371 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471871 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 24109
    I vaguely remember having read about how Lucas has to put his stamp of approval on stuff in order for it to become canon. KotoR2 is canon and if Lucas really didn't like it he could have just said no.
    I guess the truth is that LucasArts is simply the absolute worst publisher in existence.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    It's worth sticking with for the last Agency mission.
    But it takes so looooooong to unlock agency missions...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I vaguely remember having read about how Lucas has to put his stamp of approval on stuff in order for it to become canon. KotoR2 is canon and if Lucas really didn't like it he could have just said no.
    I guess the truth is that LucasArts is simply the absolute worst publisher in existence.
    There must be about 5 companies sharing that title now, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    It didn't take that long, in my experience. If you're running low on chaos, I'd suggest picking up an attack helicopter and bring death from above in a bunch of military bases. If SAMs are giving you trouble with that and you can't destroy them in time, find a Razorback APC somewhere, that will do the job just fine. It's a lot slower, but also much more durable than a chopper. If naval warfare is more your thing, buy a Powerrun speedboat and maybe shoot up some oil rigs. The possibilities are endless!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Maybe you've already been there, but if not, you should look out for a certain Ular Boys mission. It's been quite a while since I played it, but I believe it's about one of their planes that has gone missing or crashed on an island, so you have to go there.
    ... It's the one called 'Stranded' (you need to do the 'Pilgrimage' mission to get it, but that's one of the first missions you get).

It's a pretty surprising mission, so you may enjoy it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played a bit of Skyrim this evening. Noticed a sudden 15+ FPS drop compared to when I was playing last month. So I set out to isolate the cause, but ended up disabling all mods and ini tweaks without any noticeable change! I'll have to spend some time later this week mucking about with drivers and benchmarking to find out what's going on; the downsides of PC gaming, I guess.
    Quick update in case somebody else has or will run into the same issue; a simple ATI driver update, and everything is back to normal. Better, even. The wonders of technology.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I know, I did all the faction missions too!
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Maybe you've already been there, but if not, you should look out for a certain Ular Boys mission. It's been quite a while since I played it, but I believe it's about one of their planes that has gone missing or crashed on an island, so you have to go there.
    ... It's the one called 'Stranded' (you need to do the 'Pilgrimage' mission to get it, but that's one of the first missions you get).

Now that is a cool mission!
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Oh yes, that mystery island mission? Wonderfully weird. I thought to myself "they put this in the game and it isn't even mentioned anywhere?" all the time.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Finished Grimrock. The ending kind of made a dent in my enjoyment of the game, but still an interesting experience.

I attempted to replay KotOR 1 before replaying KotOR 2 with the restoration mod, but I just can't. Everything about it is worse in comparison with the sequel; the dialogue is so juvenile and all the clichťd characters and plot points just keep piling up. Think I can safely just move on with KotOR 2.
    Last edited by agentorange; 30-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Yeah, I've done it, and it was pretty great, but it's just a spike on a sea of mediocrity...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    I attempted to replay KotOR 1 before replaying KotOR 2 with the restoration mod, but I just can't. Everything about it is worse in comparison with the sequel; the dialogue is so juvenile and all the clichťd characters and plot points just keep piling up. Think I can safely just move on with KotOR 2.
    *Highfives* Too true.

Today, I have learned and discovered two new things in Dwarf Fortress. Setting the "Ignore Minerals" order and slaughtering the odd Water Buffalo. Those dwarves were so hungry, they ate him raw
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Have you tried Dwarf Therapist yet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    *Highfives* Too true.
    Well I'm really enjoying 1, but I've never played 2 so I'm in for a treat I suppose.

Have you tried Dwarf Therapist yet?
    Well, this is my Fort on a Mac, so I don't know if DT is available there
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Quick update in case somebody else has or will run into the same issue; a simple ATI driver update, and everything is back to normal. Better, even. The wonders of technology.
    Skyrim's quite temperamental with AMD graphics, at least from my experience. I've variously had simple borderless window with borders, random graphics glitches, and atrocious slowdown. All fixed with a driver update (or a rollback!). Very very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Well, this is my Fort on a Mac, so I don't know if DT is available there
    Yes, here it is.

I've finished kotor 2 with the restoration mod.
    I cheated a bit as I continued from a save of the previous version of the mod (It was bugged and couldn't continue before)
    I love that game so much, but even with the restored stuff the ending doesn't feel complete yet.
    It's an improvement in many places, in others you can see stuff that was cut to improve the writing (spoiler: It's best when the game doesn't outright tell you that Mandalore is Canderous for example).
    Regardless the mod is an amazing work and it deserves at least one playthrough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Just started Bioshock, missed it the first time round, was a wee bit scared to play it back then to tell the truth.

I didnít avoid the spoilers and discussion around it though, given that I always thought Iíd be too chicken to actually play it, so itís not like Iím playing it fresh. I know the big plot reveal and everything. That said, I donít know when it occurs, and likewise most of the game itself is unknown to me, Iím not sure what to expect around each corner, so the context isnít spoiling my enjoyment or the unravelling of the narrative.

Have to say Iím quite enjoying it, also finding it harder than I expected.
    I can already tell though, having moved onto the Fisheries from the Medical Wing, that itís going to sacrifice itís strength-narrative and survival horror elements-for the amping up of more Ďgameyí elements like crazy guns, powers, and vending machines that heal you, and that seems a shame.

The Medical Wing did a really good job of typing up the narrative into immersive elements which were aided by the mechanics. The Cassete decks, whilst a bit contrived, were great for plot exposition, and mirrored my progress perfectly, becoming increasingly deranged, dangerous and unpleasant as I advanced deeper into the complex. I would find a corner to hide and listen to them, away from the muttered threats and insane soliloquies of various Splicers. If I wasnít prepared for a Splicer attack it was a bloody, confusing and messy affair, and one which would usually leave me having to quickly restore my health afterward. The guns could have been more satisfying to shoot but they were appropriately powerful and ammo was suitably distributed. The plasmids felt a little off to be honest but they did their job. By the end of the level and after a genuinely nasty boss reveal my progress felt plausible without compromising the carefully established vulnerability of my character. I was really enjoying myself and felt very involved.

Then Atlas tells me to have a go at a Big Daddy, to get some ADAM. Having seen what they can do I decline this and decide to press on and take my chances, assuming that other more opportune and less forced chances to get ADAM will occur. Just before I get in the Bathysphere though a little notice pops up which basically tells me that Iíve left a Little Sister behind and that I wonít get very far without their ADAM, and all that atmosphere was lost. ďYou havenít collected enough rings for an extra life Sonic, go back and get some moreĒ. So I go back and fight the Big Daddy, itís a hard fight and not without itís excitement but such a conflict should have been framed so much better.

The combat has ramped up in the Fisheries, and I was initially excited about playing about with some Plasmid combos, but because the Splicers do a lot of damage and thereís lots of them you have to use the health vendors an awful lot which sort of squares the circle and makes you invincible, removing a lot of the challenge and most of the survival horror elements in one stroke.

As I said, Iím still enjoying it, very much looking forward to playing it late. The ideas, ambition and visual design are excellent and richer than many full games. But it feels increasingly more like a game where Iím searching for the narrative while distractedly playing a good shooter rather than it being the encompassing narrative experience it was in the first hour.