Page 374 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474874 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 20992
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Completed the story of Arkham City, now that's how you make a game and write a story; can't wait for the next Bat-game.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I played through the first 4 levels of FarCry until I got to the mutants, again pondered how the game might play if I just modded them all out, but eventually stopped playing after a crash-to-desktop

Would it work? I think it would. Will I do it? No.

Then went back to playing Skyrim after reinstalling to clear an issue with my textures getting all screwy after I uninstalled the HiRes Texture pack

Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Heh, I know that feeling. I'm just one step ahead of you, at the defense mission on the station but "Accidents Happen" is one of the few where I couldn't beat the average scores.
    I did it! I was struggling with having to store one H away for every P that came through, which required me to put the sensor early in the cycle. But I also had to distinguish the finished products, PH3 and SH4 from each other, which required me to put the sensor late in the cycle, when I had already made PH2 or SH2. I needed two sensors, but only had one. What to do?

Eventually I solved this by simply putting two output commands on the same red track. First it dropped the output molecule on the border of the phi window, where PH3 would fit but SH4 wouldn't. If it passed the phi-out command, it refuses to accept the molecule if it's only partially in the output window, so it takes PH3 but not SH4. Afterwards it grabs SH4, puts it in the omega output window, and passes the omega-out command. If it was moving PH3, it just moves nothing, so it does no harm.

I trimmed it down to 59 symbols (higher than average) and 1181 cycles (slightly higher than average). Success!

I've just finished Just Cause 2 story. The last two missions were great, but since I'm not the kind of gamer who usually does a game 100% I don't think I'll be playing much more of it soon, maybe in a few weeks I'll feel like doing a couple of missions.
    Wathever the case, it wasn't all that great to me, I didn't feel that emptiness I feel when I finish a videogame I recently finished.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Said fuck it to KotOR 1 and have playing through The Sith Lords with the restored content patch; it's a true joy to be playing the game for the fourth time and see all this new dialogue, with even some of the more subtle lines adding further depth to the already intricate plot lines.

Did you get the widescreen fix working?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Having a few small problems here, most notably long periods of being unable to move after combat, sometimes prompting a load game.

And I HATE the starting area.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I've been playing Human Resources and spending a lot of time choking people.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I'm still in video card RMA limbo, and am starting to run out of games to play that run on my onboard graphics. However, last night I played a ton of Defence Grid, and actually really enjoyed it this time. Are the map packs worth picking up?
    Sort of. I think for me the main problem with them is that they're not part of the campaign, so, like with skirmish maps in strategy games, I kind of miss a context. That said, I have played some of them a good bit.
    I got them all for free in last year's summer sale, so I can hardly complain, though.

I have the "You Monster" DLC too, but despite having had it since the winter sale (or so), I've only played the first map and it somehow didn't grab me. I need to give it another try at some point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I've been playing Human Resources and spending a lot of time choking people.
    And what have you been doing in the game?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    And what have you been doing in the game?
    What game? He's talking about his job. Bit of a weird place to do so, but okay.

The map packs are pretty good but as Similar said, they have no campaign and no narrative behind them, except for the You Monster one. I also thought they were a lot harder than the original maps and some of them had me figuratively throwing stuff at the monitor.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    What game? He's talking about his job. Bit of a weird place to do so, but okay.
    Sorry, totally misunderstood. Bare hands or some kind of strap/cord?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    The map packs are pretty good but as Similar said, they have no campaign and no narrative behind them, except for the You Monster one. I also thought they were a lot harder than the original maps and some of them had me figuratively throwing stuff at the monitor.
    oh yes. I only barely made it through the final map of the campaign (I've replayed it quite a few times, but I always win with only one or two cores left), so both the map packs and You Monster (the map I've played, at least) do seem like a major difficulty spike.
    With You Monster it may be more the layout of the first map, though; it's so open that I have a hard time not losing my overview and I always either miss an opening or accidentally make one by closing off areas completely (so the attackers just wade through one of my towers).

I've just started Portal 2. I don't get why the hell does it need to tell me what every graphic option does before I change it. YES I know what antialiasing does, will you shut up and just let me put it on max?.
    Otherwise I think I'm liking it better thant the first, the prologue was great.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 01-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Obscure Node
    I have a massive backlog but I'm swiftly chewing through them because I have so little patience nowadays. I could be reading or watching something interesting instead of ploughing through another derivative game.

Red Faction Armageddon - Gave up after about two hours. I generally like blowing stuff up, but the weaponry is unsatisfying and the weighting of people and buildings is too light and floaty for my taste.

Avernum IV - Interesting setting. Old school. Packed with perfunctory junk fights. No interesting characters and only a mildy interesting plot. Gave up after 10 hours and unlikely to play the other Avernums.

Hard Reset - Backpedal, click click click. Clumsy weapon changing. Meh. Gave it an hour.

Max Payne 3 - One of the finest action games I've ever watched. I may have pressed some buttons. To be fair I mostly enjoyed it, but I felt like it was designed to make me use cover too much and go easy on the shoot dodging. And there are plenty of other cover-shoot games.

Anomaly: War Zone Earth - The voice acting. IT BURNS.

Anno 1404 - Hypnotically soothing and stress free. Has brought a smile to my curmudgeonly face.
    Steam ID: wayward_ronin Origin ID: BushidoJoe Windows Live ID: Wayward Ronin 7
    PSN: Wayward_Ronin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sorry, totally misunderstood. Bare hands or some kind of strap/cord?
    Personally I prefer the Darth Vader long distance esophagus massage.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_Ronin View Post
    Hard Reset - Backpedal, click click click. Clumsy weapon changing. Meh. Gave it an hour.
    Tip: You can use F to switch between the two main weapons, instead of using Q for one and E for the other. If you mean the weapon mode switching is clumsy, I totally agree. It's a shame they didn't include a set of mode icons on the UI.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played some more Gran Turismo 5 (oh no!). It's very enjoyable, but it seems like they put at least four different teams on AI development - and never had them meet. The AI performance in this game is all over the place, and, as is usual in games, the AI is incapable of taking slow corners at anything resembling decent speeds.

On a more PC-related note; played an hour or so of Skyrim. Made a new Dunmer character, with which I'll attempt to pursue a more melee-weapons oriented style of combat.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node
    New Dungeons of Dredmor expansion? Whyyyyy? Must... resist...urge to make 17 new characters... communists...