Page 375 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475875 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 24090
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I've just started Portal 2. I don't get why the hell does it need to tell me what every graphic option does before I change it. YES I know what antialiasing does, will you shut up and just let me put it on max?.
    Otherwise I think I'm liking it better thant the first, the prologue was great.
    Applying smooth jazz, now.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    I'm playing 2ed D&D, in a shared homebrew world. Have played 3ed, and have been thinking about delving into Pathfinder…with the latest release, knight age would be a big hit this summer
    Last edited by Kamilia; 07-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Fuck. One of my Dwarves went berserk and killed my cook! Now, who's gonna make dinner?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I should still be playing Diablo 3. I love games with meaningful character progression and interesting loot. D3 has neither of these so I'm playing Tales of Maj'Eyal instead.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Falled in for Transformers: War of Cybertron, because I'm a weak person. The first level was certainly fun, and most weapons have a great feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Applying smooth jazz, now.
    This is Art, you will hear a beep, when you hear the beep stay close to Art.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Downloaded and played through The Worry of Newport today. It opened strong, but kept getting weaker as it goes on. Getting a bit tired of these "Lovecraft inspired" horror plots really.

Continuing with KotOR 2, finally reached Nar Shadaa which is one my favorite hubs in any RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Doing the remaining sidemissions in Arkham City, Deadshot is taken care of; Riddler, Hush, assaults and that damn Augmented reality training remain.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    that damn Augmented reality training
    Man, FUCK that shit.

Banned
    So I just completed Syndicate which I bought for £6 in the origin summer sale.

As far as single player man shoots go... not bad.

Wonderful sound design and lighting that rivals Mirror's Edge.

If it had nothing to do with Syndicate I think it would reviewed quite highly but alas the internet conspired to make it's life hell.

Lots of little nods to it's heritage too which I thought was nice.

Glad I waited for it to go down in price though, since nobody is playing the co-op. Solid 7/10 fun.

And now I've just started The Witcher.... Why did I wait so long 0_0

Besides the awfully long opening video and the funny seems along the torso/necks its excellent. Looking forward to plodding my way through it.

Any recommendations for classes/builds?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    You do realise you can't die right? Unless you're playing it without using the vita-chambers, in which case, good on you!

Currently trying to see what people are loving about LoL. It's slowly clicking using Ashe and Ryze, but I'm still rubbish at the game, often getting slayed by bots. I don't know how long it will take me to be able to play competitively against other players and be useful instead of a hindrance but I can imagine it will take a long while. Best advice I've received is don't worry about kills, worry about not getting killed.
    Not using the chambers no. Although I wish when you died it would load our last save rather than take you back to the menu screen, seems to just be an unnecessary waste of time.

Just finished Fort Frolic, which I can say without hesitation could well have killed me had I not known about the Plastered splicers in advance. It was unpleasant enough even with that.

I’ve been looking up how to use plasmids more inventively and generally challenged myself to play a bit more rather than just working through for the sake of the plot and to collect recordings. Initially there wasn’t really much of a disconnect between doing this and killing things but the levels have got bigger and Spawns more frequent so it feels like an adventure game and a shooter spliced (arf) together, and the joins are pretty obvious. Still enjoying it but get the feeling the game could be half as long, while still getting all the best elements so far in there and be a better experience for it.

I've just finished Portal 2 singleplayer. It was so great, every single bit of it, certainly better than the first. But now I can't wait to know what happens next!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I've just finished Portal 2 singleplayer. It was so great, every single bit of it, certainly better than the first. But now I can't wait to know what happens next!
    The cooperative content is "what happens next", go play it, its awesome.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yeah, I just need to find one of my friends who hasn't played it yet. And its not what happens next with Chell.

I prefered the first one's SP. Better puzzles, if you ask me. And somehow, I can't stand Wheatley in the second game.

BUT! The co-op experience seemed to be the more of the actual game compared to the SP in Portal 2. The puzzles were harder than both games combined but with a bro on your side, it's all worth solving together.
    Last edited by Voon; 02-08-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    39 hours into Baldurs Gate.

Left BG after doing i think every quest possible but before confronting Iron Throne to travel around areas i missed, skipped. I think i am overpowered as stuff just dies without much of an effort. My team is all level 8 except imoen who is level 7 thief but level 6 mage.
    Remember on my first playthrough that sirens where a bitch to kill. This time tough, they took no effort whatsoever. I should have done those areas before venturing to BG. Or even before Cloakwood (which was very difficult, especially with my unwillingness to camp outside inns)
    Love it so much and can't get enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I prefered the first one's SP. Better puzzles, if you ask me. And somehow, I can't stand Wheatley in the second game.

BUT! The co-op experience seemed to be the more of the actual game compared to the SP in Portal 2. The puzzles were harder than both games combined but with a bro on your side, it's all worth solving together.
    god, yes, I was butting heads with my buddy when we played it in co-op. It is really hard at times, but having two people thinking, coordinating, tinkering around in a room always bears a breakthrough at some point, and that breakthrough you pull of together with a good friend is a thing I haven't experienced in games, ever. I'll be sad when we've done them all, though, because I'll know them, and all that's left will be a sort of challenge in coordination...

Downloading texture packs for Grand Theft Auto 4 which I bought during the Summer Steam sale, waiting to see if the ultra-hyped patch for Blacklight actually makes the game playable, and test-driving WARFACE(!) thanks to PC Gamer's article about how to get into it if you don't live in Russia.

It's surprisingly competent for a modern FPS. The only thing I really hate about it are how absolutely tiny the maps are.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Downloaded and played through The Worry of Newport today. It opened strong, but kept getting weaker as it goes on. Getting a bit tired of these "Lovecraft inspired" horror plots really.

Continuing with KotOR 2, finally reached Nar Shadaa which is one my favorite hubs in any RPG.
    Tired of Lovecraft? THE HORROR! :O
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Downloading texture packs for Grand Theft Auto 4
    Gods own PC eh?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I have several serious issues with Metro 2033 which I feel are annoying me to the extent of requiring a list.

1. The AI. Precisely, the AI can go [very censored]. "I've heard a ping, so let us all open fire in the direction of that ping without remorse of wasting precious ammo, giving away our position, anything." I get it, the atmosphere is tense and there's a lot of bad will, but holy crap, so much as look at someone funny and everyone within the confines of whatever area you're in will start hunting you down with military precision. The faux stealth sections here are hilarious and I've reached a point where it's turned into a literal tunnel shooter. You have no space to move, no opportunity to continue stealthing, so your only way forward is a straight-up gunfight where you're out-numbered, out-gunned and woefully out-positioned. With the eagle eyes of the AI, they only need two people; one to be shot by you and the other to gun you down.

2. The throwing knives. In particular, their completely ridiculous working mechanics. Knife anywhere from behind equals an instant-kill, but throw one into their chest from the front, or their face, albeit covered with nightvision goggles, and you might as well have shot a bullet in them (for all the damage they do). The thing is, they work well enough that it just about makes you encouraged to keep on using them, realising that you're only a short reload from the last checkpoint. Not that that's a problem considering you'll have had so much practice using them after a miraculous failure many times prior.
    2a. Most weapons seem to be inconsistent on use, apart from the electric-shock thing that does seem to out-right 1HK.

3. The checkpoints are awful and I want manual saving.

4. I feel like I'm being penalised too much for playing the game how I want to play it. "Well, I do have my long ranged silenced pistol, my assault rifle and electric-shock thing weapon, so I probably don't need to upgrade my rifle to one with a scope. I've got all bases covered." What that shop just before this section was actually doing was foreshadowing your absolute need for heavy fire-power to mow down waves of human enemies because no route of stealth is open to you; despite the fact that avoiding combat has been something completely possible in the past.

I feel like there's a good enough game beyond a lot of the crap, but I can't see how I could ever recommend this to someone over, say, STALKER.