Page 384 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484884 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 24073
    Strongly considering another playthrough of Thief 2. I'm feeling the need for some kind of steampunkish universe ahead of Dishonoured. I dabbled with Arcanum but it just made me want to die. Also repeating the Divine Divinity experience. I tend to find new things whenever I play it again and I'm genuinely sad that the forthcoming prequel is going to ditch the combat and go turn-based. It's like they're doing everything they can kill what made the original good, first the terrible Draconis modifications and now this. The original just works. It's everything that's great about Diablo but with a decent story and an open-world. How can you go wrong with that?

Playing Funcom's The Secret World since launch, even tried beta.
    Only gets better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Started a replay of Arkham Asylum. I remember someone praising it as "the best 3D implementation of a Metroidvania game"... The difference is that the best games of that ilk provide a genuine reason to go out of your way and backtrack to uncover new areas. I find Detective Mode offensive (and my doubts about Hitman: Absolution are resurfacing) and the one-button AssCreed combat rather boring, so I probably won't get all the way through it again. How much does City improve on these areas? And do the boss battles still actively insult my intelligence?
    Last edited by sabrage; 06-08-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    While cruising through Arkham City and solving riddles I ended up in the infamous Crime Alley, there are two chalk outlines of murder; that of your parents with a bouquet of roses. You can kneel down and have have a moment of silence to pay your respect. There's also a tape from Doctor Strange.

There's so much love and details put in to this game.
    Not that it matters, but there's actually an achievement awarded for staying there for a while.

The real reason to stay at the scene though is the incidental music, which is beautiful.

@sabrage

If you don't like Asylum, you won't like City.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    After checking the Fallout 3 GOTY for Vinraith, I ended up playing it. Some eight hours into it so far, mostly just exploring, and I think I kind of prefer it over New Vegas. It's been a while since I played NV, but it felt sort of too crowded for a wasteland and perhaps the Vegas thing also didn't grab me (it never really does, in movies or games).
    NV probably is better written, though (I'm mixing up too many memories of FO3 with those of NV, so I'm not quite sure yet).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Not that it matters, but there's actually an achievement awarded for staying there for a while.

The real reason to stay at the scene though is the incidental music, which is beautiful.
    what? after 30 years chalk is still there?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I wouldn't say I dislike it - I played all the way through it once before - I just wish the gamey bits were up to par with the atmosphere and world.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    @sabrage

If you don't like Asylum, you won't like City.
    Let me heartily second this. City lured me in with the promise of an open world, but in every meaningful sense it's the same game as Asylum. If the first didn't work for you, the second won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    After checking the Fallout 3 GOTY for Vinraith, I ended up playing it. Some eight hours into it so far, mostly just exploring, and I think I kind of prefer it over New Vegas. It's been a while since I played NV, but it felt sort of too crowded for a wasteland and perhaps the Vegas thing also didn't grab me (it never really does, in movies or games).
    NV probably is better written, though (I'm mixing up too many memories of FO3 with those of NV, so I'm not quite sure yet).
    New Vegas is more of a Fallout game, but Fallout 3 is a better post-apocalyptic game IMO for exactly the reasons you mentioned. New Vegas is almost post-post-apocalypse, there's way too much civilization for my taste and way too many people. Fallout 3 is desolate, and I love that about it. Add in a mod to make survival an issue and you've got a pretty fantastic post-apocalyptic survival game IMO.
    Last edited by vinraith; 06-08-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    TF2 is freaking unbalanced,what have Valve done to this game and it was so fun back then when it released..cccc
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 06-08-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar

Yeah I noticed after I did it a second time just to see if something was going to happen, great stuff indeed!

I would also like to mention that the Riddler Hostage situations have some very cool puzzles and room design. I just rescued the fourth and it was like a scene from Saw.

@sabrage. The combat is improved in City, you have more variation in enemies; dudes with knifes, riot shields, stun sticks, padded armor which all require a different type of approach.

Boss battles in City are also an improvement which is a lot more than just dodge+ bataring.
    And City is less linear and is more a sandbox game with lots of side missions and collectibles which provide little short stories of characters and Gotham.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 06-08-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    Does that mean it's all change for Fallout 2? I'd look forward to not having to use the bottom 3 pixels of ladders in crowded rooms, or not having to get a perk to identify whether targets are friendly when they're hidden behind walls or ceilings. I'd definitely appreciate an inventory that doesn't do its best to hide things under as many clicks as possible.
    There's a few minor improvements concerning the UI in Fallout 2. Allies are now automatically shown with a green outline, there's a take-all button, you can push NPCs out of your way and you can transfer more than 999 bottlecaps at a time. It still has many of the same problems though. The inventory isn't improved at all (though I'd say in some aspects Fallout 3's inventory system was actually a step back), the map is still phenomally useless and navigating the Pip-Boy is unintuitive to say the least. That said, once you actually learn what button on the keyboard corresponds to what action, I felt Fallout's controls were fairly efficient. Not great, but there was never a point where the UI significantly hindered my enjoyment of the game.

And I don't think it's all that strange that Fallout felt small to you. Fallout is small. Even if you end up doing everything it'll still only take you ten to fifteen hours. The sequel is almost twice as large and even that pales when compared to 3 or New Vegas in terms of content. Though I liked the way they handled travelling. The map is a bit abstract, but it does a good job of conveying that you're actually walking long distances. By comparison, Fallout 3 felt really tiny at times because you could walk from one corner of the world to the next in ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Started a replay of Arkham Asylum. I remember someone praising it as "the best 3D implementation of a Metroidvania game"...
    Arkham Asylum is a fun game, but saying it's the best Metroidvania in 3D means the person in question has probably never played Metroid Prime.

I'm playing Rage, the shooting bits are quite enjoyable. But the whole megatexture thing is a catastrophe, the constant resharpening when higher resolution stuff is streamed in is terrible.

Symphony, just bought it on steam, am I the only person here playing it? :(
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Driver: SF is playable on a keyboard for me, and really fun. My only problem with it is the blatant rubberbanding cops make a showcase of.
    Darksiders is proving to be great.

You know what,Darksiders 2!! is proving to be even greater! :x
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 06-08-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    This weekend I finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution and followed it up by playing through The Walking Dead (both episodes) and Dear Esther. I have no idea what to play next, maybe Warlock for a change of pace or perhaps Max Payne 3 for shooty goodness.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Finished DE:HR and Alpha Protocol recently; started New Vegas and ITSP while continuing Albion Prelude and Dungeons of Dredmor.
    steam

What can cause high ping,i was trying CSS few minutes ago and ping was like 180. I also played TF2 today and i had normal ping,also i'm not downloading anything. :x

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Distance from server, bandwidth (ie. if you're downloading something in the background) etc.

I started up Crysis 2. My oh my, it sure is a pretty game, isn't it? Let me rephrase, during the pre-title sequence, I think my jaw was hanging loosely. Jesus. So pretty. Not that far in, only completed the first level, but I'm enjoying it so far. A lot of the suit stuff that's been streamlined is taking a short time to get used to, but I feel is generally better. There's a couple of things I don't like, such as the speed boost being automatically applied to sprint (I'd want it as an addition) and armour being a constant drain, such that your default state is kinda weak. Other than that, it seems to be pretty good. The actual level design is wider than I was led to believe. I'm excited!