Page 389 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489889 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 24123
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Absolutely, ass creed 2's poison is the best distraction causer ever, don't buy the fast poison downgrade.
    I do love poisoning my main target, then walking out past the door / gate Like A Boss, and getting "mission complete" once I'm halfway across the map.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Oh dear lord, how I loled. My character in KotoR 2 challenged Handmaiden to a friendly duel, and little did I realize the undergarmets changed to reflect alignment. I now have a pair of evil pajamas!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Oh dear lord, how I loled. My character in KotoR 2 challenged Handmaiden to a friendly duel, and little did I realize the undergarmets changed to reflect alignment. I now have a pair of evil pajamas!
    I need to get a PC version of that.
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_firelord View Post
    I need to get a PC version of that.
    An evil PC version?

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I've seen MSI Afterburner, WeGame and XFire recommended in various places, but haven't tried any of them. I believe they're all free, though.
    Of the non-free, Dxtory is apparently rather good, but also rather expensive.
    MSI afterburner did the trick. So here we go:

Jade Empire. Jesus Christ. There's bad dialogue and clichee plots and then there is Jade Empire. It doesn't even seem like it was written by a human being but a random generator filled with phrases. Okay, the setting is fairly unique but then you have Chinese Darth Vader running around and I'll be damned if he doesn't turn out to be a relative of someone.
    Having played the Mass Effect games it's really interesting to see that Bioware have come a looong way since then but I fear that Jade Empire just hasn't aged too well. You know how it is, some games age like wine and others age like meat.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I dunno, I thought Jade Empire sounded shite when it was released too.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Jade Empire. Jesus Christ. There's bad dialogue and clichee plots and then there is Jade Empire. It doesn't even seem like it was written by a human being but a random generator filled with phrases. Okay, the setting is fairly unique but then you have Chinese Darth Vader running around and I'll be damned if he doesn't turn out to be a relative of someone.
    Having played the Mass Effect games it's really interesting to see that Bioware have come a looong way since then but I fear that Jade Empire just hasn't aged too well. You know how it is, some games age like wine and others age like meat.
    While the dialog might not be the strong point, the story itself is quite good. I credit Jade Empire with having one of the few plot twists that not only genuinely surprised me, but also made a lot of sense in hindsight.

Also, keep in mind that the movies from which the game draws its inspiration are not examples of shining dialog and good acting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    It's a game about Asian tropes.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Arkham City: 100% sidemissions 100% story and 100% all upgrades and collectibles.

I am at peace now and can move on at last.

There's still DLC campaigns and such but those I will do when I feel like it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Banned
    Jade Empire. Jesus Christ. There's bad dialogue and clichee plots and then there is Jade Empire. It doesn't even seem like it was written by a human being but a random generator filled with phrases.
    Don't forget the trademark Bioware moral dialogue system, where you can pick between being a holy offspring of Mother Theresa and John Paul II or, basically, Satan himself.

Jade Empire didn't "age badly", it was always crap. The best thing about it was the random name generation. STRIKING DAOZHAN was possibly the best hero name ever.

I liked Jade Empire, does that make me a bad person?
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    I liked Jade Empire, does that make me a bad person?
    I think liking it makes you paragon/light side/open palm.
    No decision is wrong as long as it's in a colour.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    MSI afterburner did the trick. So here we go:

hehe. Nice. The ending looks rather familiar. Seems to always happen when I try that plane.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Finally Imoen achieved level 8 as a wizard and got access to her thief skills. It was highly frustrating skipping locked chests, tanking traps. I've done the island (SPOILER: I killed the whole village. even little kids. I felt bad... that little girl... brought her a toy only for her to turn into monster and die by my hand 20 second later)
    Next stop: Durlag Tower and later Baldurs Gate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing through the Grand Ages: Rome campaign. It's good. Really digging it. Playing Lone Survivor when I want something more intense. Also good.

Traders ain't coming and it's still autumn. God, I need those metal bars... and some plump helmets and some booze and plump helmets and some animals and some booze and some axes and booze...

Err... before I get carried away with thinking about booze, how does one explore the caverns in DF? In Fortress mode?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I got a hold of a working Max Payne 3 finally and working on reviewing that. Now raiding the docks for the kidnapped girl.

It's a great movie but there's much more watching than shooting and that's annoying. And the emphasis on cover instead of diving past bullets doesn't feel like MP at all.

Would have played STALKER with the MISERY mod but it will not run.

Banned
    ... you are running a DWARF FORTRESS and you need to BUY metalwork and booze?

Let's say my dwarves just ate all their supply of boozable plants and I can't find the specific ores to make bars of alloys that I want.

I'm still a newdorf, though
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles