Page 391 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 24141
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I don't think I've had any CTDs in 176 hours of New Vegas.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I don't know, Durlag is just trap after trap, many of which can toast your weaker party members on the spot. And then there's the Greater Doppelgangers, and Basilisks, and Cloudkill fucking everywhere.
    Imoen handles traps really well but i must be careful as it takes sometimes even 5 seconds for a trap to be spotted (and i forgot to take perception potions only thief ones which are useless for traps)
    and i am fully prepared to take basilisks down. have potions and scrolls.

Greater Doppelgangers are indeed pain. very strong and hit like a truck. still managed to lure one by one which made the fate much easier.

i wonder how close i am to the level cap. My main is level nine wizard.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    200+ and the only times I've had a CTD were my fault (conflicting mods, drivers, etc).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Imoen handles traps really well but i must be careful as it takes sometimes even 5 seconds for a trap to be spotted (and i forgot to take perception potions only thief ones which are useless for traps).

i wonder how close i am to the level cap. My main is level nine wizard.
    Traps bug me the most in the Infinity Engine games as they're just so detrimental to the pace of the game. I'm okay with them in BG2 only because I've played that game so many times I get a shiver in my spine when a screen looks familiar.

If you're using Trilogy then there is no level cap, beyond most things in BG1 not providing enough XP to get the amounts needed to go from lvl 8->9 (for most classes) anyway. BG1 doesn't throw 5000XP monsters at you right from the start like BG2 does.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    My understanding is that the DA series is developed by a different team at Bioware than the ME series. I think Ash is wondering what the ME team is doing next, with the assumption being that the DA team is handling DA3.

On Topic: Still New Vegas (I'm to town now, rapidly approaching the point where instability forced me to quit last time. So far so good) and Orcs Must Die 2.
    Hmm I took a look at Bioware's release list, there was no mention of anything besides DA3.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Traps bug me the most in the Infinity Engine games as they're just so detrimental to the pace of the game. I'm okay with them in BG2 only because I've played that game so many times I get a shiver in my spine when a screen looks familiar.

If you're using Trilogy then there is no level cap, beyond most things in BG1 not providing enough XP to get the amounts needed to go from lvl 8->9 (for most classes) anyway. BG1 doesn't throw 5000XP monsters at you right from the start like BG2 does.
    my wizard main and dynheir are level nine wizards. but they need almost double of xp what they have now to get to level ten. I might get Imoen to level nine as well (so she would be able to use her five level spell) if there is no cap on BGT...
    won't I be overpowered for BG2 then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Hmm I took a look at Bioware's release list, there was no mention of anything besides DA3.
    They have to be working on something else, right?
    My money is still on Jade Empire 2 / Jade Empire reboot.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I think I understand the Bioshock backlash now, to a point. For a game which has such excellent narrative qualities-subtext, world, voice acting, concept, general appreciation of what it is trying to do, both in meta terms and in game-it marrs and breaks them by relying on some of the most hackneyed game cliches-essential immortality, choices essentially reduant, overpowered and over supplied protagonist, non-plot characters inhabtiants of a shooting gallery.

It's still a very good game, better than many this past five years and many before, but it remains an ambitious but flawed orthodox game. There was enough substance and intelligence behind it to ensure that with proper execution it could have been spectacular and a real advancing of the medium. But while it's natural to mourn that it didn't evolve from that, it dosen't make it the most terrible thing in the world or anything remotley like it. So I sort of don't understand the backlash too. I'm very glad I bought and played it, and look forward to playing 2 after a few lighter games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Well, they're definitely making C&C Generals 2. It's been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Well, they're definitely making C&C Generals 2. It's been confirmed.
    Is that Bioware though? Or just a studio branded as Bioware?

I mean, they like to say that TOR is Bioware's MMO, but really, 90% of it was the Warhammer Online guys.

I feel Bioware the brand and Bioware the people-who-make-the-rpgs-I-like have become quite distinct.
    Last edited by Ash_firelord; 10-08-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Generals 2 is being made by the same bastards responsible for C&C 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Finished Analogue: A Hate Story.

It was... wow. I didn't expect to enjoy it this much, but the story and writing really blew me over (not like the "game" has much more than story and writing to begin with, but still).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah? You liked the writing? I liked Analogue a lot too, but every character sounded like a teenage girl to me. It was kind of a problem. The story (and, even more, the slow unveiling of it) was enjoyable, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    If by every character you mean the AIs, well, it's something that fits Hyun-Ae for horribly spoilerrific reasons, but Mute... meh. As for the actual family members depicted in the logs, I felt they were quite well fleshed out despite having absolutely zero interaction with them.

Activated Node
    I was playing skyrim, then GTA 4, and now Batman: AC for a second play through. Both recent Batman games are so much fun. I will return to Skyrim and GTA 4 before long I am sure. I got some great gameplay mods for skyrim that really improve things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Generals 2 is being made by the same bastards responsible for C&C 4.

Big ouch!

Otherwise my internet is going crazy for an hour or so,it went from 1200 ping to 60 then again to 1200,then to 800 and such.. its driving me crazy,i just wanna play few games of TF2 then go to bed because i work in the morning arghh -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    200+ and the only times I've had a CTD were my fault (conflicting mods, drivers, etc).
    I can only be deeply envious of your incredible good fortune, I've never gotten performance like that out of any Bethesda RPG. I bet when you hit "exit" the game actually closes, too, instead of requiring you to go to task manager to shut it down.

I suppose, to clarify, I should say I don't get CTD's so much as hard freezes, but it amounts to the same thing. Fortunately, they've been few and far between this time, but I consider 1 hard crash per 10 hours amazing performance for a game like this.

Anyway, usual technical kinks aside I'm having a great time with FONV.
    Last edited by vinraith; 10-08-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh listen this,with steam turned ON,i have 250+ ping,when its turned off ping is 30-34 :|

How the fuck can i play TF2 now..

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I bet when you hit "exit" the game actually closes, too, instead of requiring you to go to task manager to shut it down.
    I always had this problem, too. Apart from that, I barely remeber any CTD or freezes. I'm sure I had a couple, but nothing in a remarkable scale.

I remenber that I had a lot of trouble installing the DLC for Fallout 3, but I blame GFWL for that, not Bethesda.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Oh listen this,with steam turned ON,i have 250+ ping,when its turned off ping is 30-34 :|

How the fuck can i play TF2 now..
    Is it downloading updates for one or more of your games?