Page 392 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492892 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 23340
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Is it downloading updates for one or more of your games?

Its really strange because i'm not downloading anything,i'll try game tomorrow,i'm gonna watch some x-files now.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I bet when you hit "exit" the game actually closes, too, instead of requiring you to go to task manager to shut it down.
    I always had this problem, too. Apart from that, I barely remeber any CTD or freezes. I'm sure I had a couple, but nothing in a remarkable scale.

I remenber that I had a lot of trouble installing the DLC for Fallout 3, but I blame GFWL for that, not Bethesda.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I can only be deeply envious of your incredible good fortune, I've never gotten performance like that out of any Bethesda RPG. I bet when you hit "exit" the game actually closes, too, instead of requiring you to go to task manager to shut it down.

I suppose, to clarify, I should say I don't get CTD's so much as hard freezes, but it amounts to the same thing. Fortunately, they've been few and far between this time, but I consider 1 hard crash per 10 hours amazing performance for a game like this.

Anyway, usual technical kinks aside I'm having a great time with FONV.
    Yeah it's the lockups for me too. Well I think I've had a clean CTD or two, but nothing that compares to the lockups. They were worst on my original playthrough, by the time I was about ready to finish the game, it felt like there was a 50% risk of a lockup when loading a game... including on startup.

The game is worth it. The ridiculously bad textures don't manage to ruin it either (and they can be modded anyway).

I remember trying to play Fallout 3 with an 8500GT graphics card, everytime I used VATS the game would crash and corrupt my previous 2 saves and quick-save.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    So many games crash to desktop when I shut them down... Silly windows error report tool.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So many games crash to desktop when I shut them down... Silly windows error report tool.
    -Send report-

I still wonder where those reports end up. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Checked the UT2004 MP and works fine,ping is normal unlike in TF2. Also UT2004 is the real game,gonna play that now :3

Banned
    I thought UT Gold was the real game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I thought UT Gold was the real game?

No way hoooseee,UT2004 it is!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    my wizard main and dynheir are level nine wizards. but they need almost double of xp what they have now to get to level ten. I might get Imoen to level nine as well (so she would be able to use her five level spell) if there is no cap on BGT...
    won't I be overpowered for BG2 then?
    A bit, but only at the start. So long as you turned off getting XP for disarming traps and memorizing spells then you will only start BG2 a bit higher than normal. But taking a character from BG1 -> BG2 pretty much allowed for this anyway (XP cap for vanilla BG + Tales is 161,000, so that's what an imported character would start BG2 with. Otherwise starting XP of new character in BG2: 89,000).

The thing is, the difficulty in BG2 peaks and troughs so much that it's hard to be overlevelled for certain areas. Go to Firkraag or the Twisted Rune too early and you'll still get seven shades of shit kicked into you. Vampires can and will mess you up regardless of that extra level. And a mages can be just as invulnerable to everything you have and just as dickish with their spells. That extra bit of XP you got from BG1 soon becomes insignificant, so don't worry.

Advice for if you've never played BG2 before (it'll make sense later): giving the money to Gaelan or Bhodi will move you into Act 3. I'd advise completing every quest you can find before doing that. I think a few Act 2 quests get cut off once you get into Act 3 so it's worth being thorough if you want to do everything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Does anything get cut off by moving into Chapter 3? I suppose if you choose Bodhi some things probably will.

Anyway you probably shouldn't aim to do everything in a single BG2 playthrough, there is probably too much.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Does anything get cut off by moving into Chapter 3? I suppose if you choose Bodhi some things probably will.

Anyway you probably shouldn't aim to do everything in a single BG2 playthrough, there is probably too much.
    I think there are a few quests that become unavailable and some graveyard areas get cut-off. It's not so bad but seeing as you don't have to give the money until you're ready then you may as well wait until done with Chapter 2. I also enjoy doing it after having done every single quest as it means I turn up to hand over the 15,000Gp - decked out in full-plate, dragon-plate, rings, belts, +3 weapons in every hand and a few hundred thousand Gp in the coinpurse - and the conversation options all bitch about how much money they're asking for.

I'd say it's hard to do everything in BG2 because some quests are kind of hidden, The Twisted Rune in particular. It's entirely possible though, and makes the game a great way to lose 200+ hours.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'm sauntering through Alan Wake, just finished the second episode, but I seem to have missed one of the manuscript pages, grr! Apart from the collectible headache, this game is fantastic. The tone, the light, the sounds! And the episodic format is a really nice touch. Neatly divides the game into manageable playsessions.

Zineth! So far, it's better than InMomentum, but pretty difficult nonetheless.

Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sam Fisher really likes beating the living shit into people in this game. And I'm liking it.

Mostly. The controls are taking some getting used to. And the whole *screen turns black & white when you're hidden* thing is very nice stylistically but often makes distinguishing between lit and unlit areas a pain in the ass.
    Also, which idiot thought that Grim's chest should be modelled using beach-ball physics? That guy (probably) needs a good firing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I dunno what, exactly, it is about the game, but whenever I can't decide what to play, just that I want to play something, Trackmania United just makes itself aware to me once more and I jam on it for an hour or so. What a damn good game it is.