Page 395 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495895 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,900 of 24100
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'm playing [this game]
    Oh wow, I remember this. There was a lot of getting fragged all the time by people who mastered shock combos, yet I couldn't pull them off. And there was this one time where I found a modded server which gave you dual rocket launchers that you could load up with 8 rockets each, lock onto a target, and send a barrage of 16 rockets toward a hapless shmuck who would pointlessly try to dodge them by jumping.

So how is it? I'm a bit tempted to reinstall and see how it holds up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Oh wow, I remember this. There was a lot of getting fragged all the time by people who mastered shock combos, yet I couldn't pull them off. And there was this one time where I found a modded server which gave you dual rocket launchers that you could load up with 8 rockets each, lock onto a target, and send a barrage of 16 rockets toward a hapless shmuck who would pointlessly try to dodge them by jumping.

I played a lot of UT3 on a server like that. Rocket-jumping from tower to tower on Facing Worlds (especially in Greed mode with hundreds of skulls) was pure bliss.

Network Hub
    Stuck with only a laptop for the weekend, so I'm digging into some less pc-stressful games like Machinarium and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. Might try out Uplink too, just to shut a friend up about it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post

Well multiplayer is honestly,a clusterfuck for me but still it can be enjoyable. There are still about 500-600 servers online,but even if you won't like multiplayer there are offline modes to keep you occupied for long,also sp campaign is quite good,and bot are actually very threating.

I never knew a character with a Slim build would be so very, very fast! Just made a third one in DaS (out of curiousity) and this time as a pure Pyromancer with a Dex build. He's doing wonders with a schimitar
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Darksiders.

Kind of stuck and frustrated at Broken Stairs, that highway miniboss keeps butchering me with this impossible range and massive damage. The genius that invented the block function on the same button as the dash should burn in the depts of hell.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 12-08-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just had to watch a vid to remind me of that one. Some tips: Stand at the front of your platform, so the cars he throws at you have a greater chance of landing on your platform. Pick them up and return them into his face. Secondly, from what I remember, his area of effect attacks only do damage if you're on the ground, so try and stay in the air while you fight him. In addition, when he does his AoE attacks, try and navigate around him. He only attacks at the front with his claw attack, so you can take him down without taking too much damage.

He doesn't actually have too much health, but yes, he does pack a punch. Don't even try to block his attacks, just dodge out of the way.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Made it to Hell difficulty in Diablo 3. Now I'll wait for 1.4 because it removes bullshit like champion packs healing after you die. I don't know how things like this or invulnerable minions made it into the game in the first place, but I'm glad Blizzard is fixing things.

I'm also playing Prince of Persia 2008. Some platforming sections in the later areas are amazing. Ubisoft's artists are godly! And it is challenging. The timing is generous, but you have to pay attention or you'll be forced to repeat sequences that last even more than a minute. I love how varied these long-ass sequences are. Sometimes I time them perfectly so that every animation flows naturally into the next and I get really excited lol

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Dowloaded Mechwarrior 4 - Mercenaries which is available for free, although this Mektek downloader thing is a pain in the a** to use.
    Enjoying it a lot so far. Wanted to complete it only with looted mechs but I am now at a mission where that's just not possible as I don't have anything more badass then a Black Knight or Catapult. Well, I guess I have to buy one or two Atlas and fill them with railguns.
    But that has always been my problem with the MW series, it's just an arms race and light/meds loose their viability very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Darksiders.

Kind of stuck and frustrated at Broken Stairs, that highway miniboss keeps butchering me with this impossible range and massive damage as I lack of anything bigger then a Marauder or Catapult. The genius that invented the block function on the same button as the dash should burn in the depts of hell.
    Don't block. I found blocking to be the most useless fighting mechanic in this game. Just dash and jump around.
    Also you can try to catch the cars he throws at you and throw them back. One or two hits should bring him down to almost zero health.
    Last edited by bonkers; 12-08-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Dowloaded Mechwarrior 4 - Mercenaries which is available for free, although this Mektek downloader thing is a pain in the a** to use.
    Enjoying it a lot so far. Wanted to complete it only with looted mechs but I am now at a mission where that's just not possible as I don't have anything more badass then a Black Knight or Catapult. Well, I guess I have to buy one or two Atlas and fill them with railguns.
    But that has always been my problem with the MW series, it's just an arms race and light/meds loose their viability very fast.

Don't block. I found blocking to be the most useless fighting mechanic in this game. Just dash and jump around.
    Also you can try to catch the cars he throws at you and throw them back. One or two hits should bring him down to almost zero health.
    I tried that but my timing is often horrible and get a flying car against my face, eating almost half of my health if not torpedo me off from the highway. I also tried jumping+ slashing but his attacks are in all directions and he manages to hit my mid-air as well.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Cherry-tap him then. Dash in, slash a few times, dash away. Slower, but it will work. Also, if you have the souls for it, see if you can purchase the ability that is...errrm, it might be called the home run, but basically you hit the enemy and send them flying. More importantly, even on enemies that are too large to send flying, it can set them on fire for a short time, doing last damage.