Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 27185
13-08-2012, 01:59 AM #7901
Tenpenny Towers is always rather problematic for me too; none of the solutions seem good.
The weird thing is, I don't have the need for everyone to like me in real life, but I can't stand the thought of anyone disliking my character. Maybe it's some sort of parental feeling because I "created a life!" or something. I don't know but I don't like it. All the cool kids are evil..
13-08-2012, 02:03 AM #7902
13-08-2012, 02:34 AM #7903
Holy shit I want to punch whoever designed Dirt 2 in the face. With my FIST.
I got it on sale during the Steam summer shit 'cuz I wanted to play a racing game. Only just now have I gotten around to it.
Here's a play by play of wrong:
- 10 minutes installing DirectX (whyyy) and some third-party audio program called Rapture3D (fuck what is this extra shit)
- Attempts and fails to log into Games for Windows Live. My connection is fine. Consequently, fuck you.
- Throws game into non-native screen resolution. What, you couldn't tell what my screen was at earlier? Fine, I'll change it in settings...
- ...just as soon as I get past this unskippable cutscene...
- ...and get dumped into an Obvious Console Splash Screen...
- ...and thrown into another unskippable cutscene, this time with horrible a fucking nu-metal soundtrack...
- ...which finally deposits me straight into a tutorial.
- While typing my name - which is automatically logged into the Games for Windows Live for some stupid fucking reason - the narrator tells me to hurry up.
DO NOT TELL ME TO HURRY UP IN A GAME THAT I AM PLAYING FOR MY ENJOYMENT. I WILL FUCKING MURDER YOU, YOU STUPID FUCKING NPC, AND I WILL PUT YOUR STILL BLOODY HEAD ON MY MANTLE because apparently that's what computer gamers do with heads.
- I'm still not given a menu, nor am I allowed to do anything but play the first race. I can't even hurry through the fucking introduction to every little pre-race submenu because I have to listen to this dick NPC explain to me the blindingly obvious.
I WILL HACK YOU APART WITH A RUSTY METAL BAR, ASSHOLE. I KNOW WHAT A RALLY IS. I BOUGHT A RALLY GAME, AFTER ALL.
- Yay! Unskippable cutscene of a world map.
- RACE. The narrator, while I race, tells me that "this is a cool track."
YOUR FAMILY WILL NEVER FIND YOUR BODY.
- I bumper-car my way to first place, because fuck these guys, and seven clicks, three more explanations, and another unskippable cutscene later, I'm finally in a menu I can't use my mouse on. I can't find Options in my cabin.
I CAN'T FIND OPTIONS IN MY CABIN. WHERE THE FU-- oh, it's outside the cabin. WHO MAKES THESE FUCKING MENUS?
- Ah ha! Resolution. Default 800x600? WHO THE FUC-- whatever. I don't care. Select 1920x1080 aaaand... it's in windowed mode. WHAT THE FU-- y'know what? I don't want to race anymore.
13-08-2012, 02:48 AM #7904
13-08-2012, 02:49 AM #7905
13-08-2012, 02:52 AM #7906
13-08-2012, 05:58 AM #7907
Hey, Codemasters, you know what I like about racing? Cars going fast.
You know what I hate about racing? Everything else.
I hate nu-metal soundtracks, I hate NPCs who act like I should give a fuck about them, I hate manufactured rivalries, I hate people attempt to tell you how much fun you should be having, I hate old shills who try to act like they have any cred with the youth market, I hate MTV quick-cuts, I hate ads, I hate the X Games, I hate corporate sponsorship, and I hate games licensed after real people.
You know what I want in a racing game? Cars, open tracks, and as little else as possible. Don't try to dress it up. Please, just stop. Stop attempting to justify your own existences. Stop trying to gussy up something that should be fun in its own right. I don't like having to hack through reams of tinsel to actually get the sole morsel of fun out of the fucking product. I don't want to feel like I just paid my own money for the privilege of having you attempt to sell me more shit.
I hate you so goddamn much, and you should be ashamed of yourselves, you useless, out-of-touch, joyless fucking pimples on the ass of the entertainment world. Die, you soulless fucking leeches.
13-08-2012, 06:16 AM #7908
13-08-2012, 06:29 AM #7909
13-08-2012, 07:12 AM #7910
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
13-08-2012, 07:16 AM #7911
We here at Codemasters combine the usefulness of Microsoft's Clippy with the cultural relevance of Hot Topic!
Maybe I should mail anthrax.
13-08-2012, 09:22 AM #7912
13-08-2012, 10:19 AM #7913
Being an asshole for the sake of it is stupid. It's much scarier when there's purpose behind the assholery.
13-08-2012, 10:41 AM #7914
Third level of durlag's tower in BG1. Damn. the game is brutal. Traps everywhere. Invisible enemies backstabbing you for 25 points of life.
i also collect shitloads of stuff and it pains me to throw anything away. even if i get rid of money makers (like diamonds or other precious stones) i still have problem with number of items i collect. can't threw away plus 3 chainmail just because it is weaker than anything my team wears.
13-08-2012, 11:00 AM #7915
It seems like a missed opportunity; it could have been a much deeper thing if they'd waited until the player could compare the advantages of one choice with the other.
13-08-2012, 11:11 AM #7916
The third option should have been steal warhead. Letting you use it at your discretion.
13-08-2012, 11:59 AM #7917
Bomb explosion on itself is not satisfactory. I wish it had more rewards in accessible questlines (i.e. wasteland survival guide available only if you disarm the bomb and Tenpenny tower had another questline witch would make tower even more powerful.Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
13-08-2012, 12:17 PM #7918
I choose to defy Heliocentric's sage advice and go feather-hunting for an afternoon in Assassin's Creed 2.
Interesting but ultimately useless reward; the mini-cutscene did give me a warm fuzzy feeling so overall I'm happy I did it.
That and my OCD is appeased, for now.
Playing next... I don't really know. I'm tempted to start an RPG but I have Arkham City installed with a couple of hours of play done already.
Fable 3 has no good/evil, just boring / asshole.Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga
13-08-2012, 12:19 PM #7919
Bomb explosion on itself is not satisfactory. I wish it had more rewards in accessible questlines (i.e. wasteland survival guide available only if you disarm the bomb and Tenpenny tower had another questline witch would make tower even more powerful.
13-08-2012, 12:28 PM #7920