Page 397 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497897 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 22725
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Alpha Protocol.

Nothing apocalyptic evil. Yet. You can play as really immoral guy. Badass immoral guy. Nothing beats convincing the Leland that you are on his side and then killing him in cold blood.
    True; I didn't think of that one because I don't think there's really a dichotomy there. You can actually role-play, for once.

Very underrated game. That it didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel is one of this generation's great tragedies.
    Is "Luis_Magalhães" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Alpha Protocol.

Nothing apocalyptic evil. Yet. You can play as really immoral guy. Badass immoral guy. Nothing beats convincing the Leland that you are on his side and then killing him in cold blood.
    The mine, right? That was splooge-worthy.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I went back into Crysis after watching that COMPLETELY AWESOME ironman LP someone around here linked the other week. Not feeling as awesome as that guy looked though. :P It looks so easy when he does it, but then he has the position and patrol of every damn enemy in the game memorized lol.

Alpha Protocol.

You know what? Five playthroughs done and that's the only thing that I haven't done yet in that game. Oh, man, I think I need to start a new run
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Anyone who's looking for a well-done evil path in an RPG should play Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Or, failing that at least read the excellent LP of it. It's the only game that made me feel genuinely bad for my decisions.

Planescape: Torment is another game where the evil path actually feels interesting and just as satisfying as the good one. The Fallout games come to mind as well, with the exception of Fallout 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Anyone who's looking for a well-done evil path in an RPG should play Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Or, failing that at least read the excellent LP of it. It's the only game that made me feel genuinely bad for my decisions.

Planescape: Torment is another game where the evil path actually feels interesting and just as satisfying as the good one. The Fallout games come to mind as well, with the exception of Fallout 3.
    I tried NWN2 a while ago but the controls and camera are horrible, sadly.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_firelord View Post
    I choose to defy Heliocentric's sage advice and go feather-hunting for an afternoon in Assassin's Creed 2.
    Interesting but ultimately useless reward; the mini-cutscene did give me a warm fuzzy feeling so overall I'm happy I did it.

That and my OCD is appeased, for now.
    Brotherhood let's you buy map markers for feathers later in the storyline. Genius really, much more satisfying hoovering the map clean.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Brotherhood let's you buy map markers for feathers later in the storyline. Genius really, much more satisfying hoovering the map clean.
    Take my advise and stop it, the end reward is not worth it. :(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Anyone who's looking for a well-done evil path in an RPG should play Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.
    I keep hearing how MotB is a modern Torment, but every time I want to play it the completionist inside me reaches for vanilla Neverwinter Nights 2 instead.

And then I decide that reading all 6000 Dilbert strips again is a better use of my time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    I keep hearing how MotB is a modern Torment, but every time I want to play it the completionist inside me reaches for vanilla Neverwinter Nights 2 instead.

And then I decide that reading all 6000 Dilbert strips again is a better use of my time.
    I have that exact same problem. It's also why I haven't managed to play Baldur's Gate 2 in about five years - BG 1 is a damn sleeping pill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So has anyone else placed Kerbal Space Program? I downloaded the demo and was instantly hooked. Now I have that pang of regret that I should really buy it, but don't know if I really want to because it's one of those games I can see myself playing for a few hours one session and then never touching it again.