Page 398 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I don't think something like that is good or bad, it just IS. I like to play games in order, what's wrong with that? I paid for them. BG 2 is such a vast improvement it makes the first game difficult to go back through.
    Well make it not BE. If you want to play BG2, just play the damn thing. If you don't want to play it, don't make excuses like "oh noes, I have to play BG1 first because of some self-destructive principle that stops me from doing what I want!" Sort yourself out.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Well make it not BE. If you want to play BG2, just play the damn thing. If you don't want to play it, don't make excuses like "oh noes, I have to play BG1 first because of some self-destructive principle that stops me from doing what I want!" Sort yourself out.
    My compulsion to play BG 1 first is heightened by the ability to transfer characters, and I looooove that shit. If you can play Mass Effect 3 with a brand new fresh character then more power to you, but personally I'd much rather take a single character through all three games, even if one of those games doesn't quite grab me like the others.

Once again - stop being such a prick. Lots of people do this. It's a common thing. You act like I dropped out of the sky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Add me to the "can't bring myself to play the sequel until I've played the first one" list for any games that continue a narrative, and especially for any game with an import function. I don't think there's anything weird about that, myself, and I've certainly had it stop me from playing well-recommended games due to an inferior prequel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nah, I act more like I've sat listening to nonsense excuses from "completionists" for years and kept quiet, but sometimes you just have to let off steam. The character import from BG1 is basically irrelevant because nothing is actually imported apart from pantaloons. And if I for some reason liked Mass Effect 3 and not Mass Effect 2 then I'd replay ME3 without playing ME2, of course I would.

Seriously, just create a new BG2 character. Once character creation is over, you won't notice the difference.

Seriously, just create a new BG2 character. Once character creation is over, you won't notice the difference.
    Except, you know, for all the continued narrative threads, back references, and shared characters. Playing the sequel without playing the original is always a lessened experience, hence the hangup.

Playing ME3 without playing the first two would make no sense at all, for example. The narrative would have no meaning, the story threads would have no impact. Simply put, it wouldn't be the same game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I assumed from his post that he had already played the original, and the sequel. Hence, I am talking about replaying. If he hasn't played both already then I misinterpreted the post and apologize.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Jolly Rover.
    I'm glad to see someone else enjoyed this title. As you said it's nothing groundbreaking, but it has a good sense of humour (though a bit too many dog puns) and a few legitimately clever puzzles. And for the most part it manages to avoid the absurd logic commonly found in point-and-click adventure games.

You seem to be really angry at people for not playing games the way you do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Not at all. I'm quite happy for people to, say, juggle five pineapples for a minute before they replay a game, but not for them to complain "I want to replay a game, but feel compelled to juggle five pineapples before playing, and I don't want to juggle five pineapples". Should someone say that, and I happen to be irritable, then I'm liable to become sad.

I am always on Ghost Recon Future Soldier!! Mostly with a couple of other guys and girls from a gaming community called Tactical Gaming. I am always looking to play with new people! So if you would like to play one day/night. Add me on steam (brownietlfc) or on uplay (brownie-t-lfc)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Not at all. I'm quite happy for people to, say, juggle five pineapples for a minute before they replay a game, but not for them to complain "I want to replay a game, but feel compelled to juggle five pineapples before playing, and I don't want to juggle five pineapples". Should someone say that, and I happen to be irritable, then I'm liable to become sad.
    In your example, juggling five pineapples have nothing to do with the game.

When a game depends heavily on a story arc, and that arc begins in another game, well...

...you wouldn't start the Mass Effect franchise at 3, would you?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Was about to say this. Perhaps a better example would be: "I really want to play (Morrowind) but I'd need to spend 10 hours getting it fully modded and I don't want to do this so I'm not going to play (Morrowind), even though it isn't necessary at all to spend that time modding in order to play the game".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Was about to say this. Perhaps a better example would be: "I really want to play (Morrowind) but I'd need to spend 10 hours getting it fully modded and I don't want to do this so I'm not going to play (Morrowind), even though it isn't necessary at all to spend that time modding in order to play the game".
    Well, you can play the game in a broken, buggy state that is criminally devoid of little bronies, but... why?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So the solution to having a compulsion to behave in a certain way is to just stop having the compulsion? Brilliant! Quick, tell your national association of psychiatry at once. You've aided humanity this day.

I think a lot of you missed this, so I'm going to quote it here.

I assumed from his post that he had already played the original, and the sequel. Hence, I am talking about replaying. If he hasn't played both already then I misinterpreted the post and apologize.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    I was thinking about playing that "ValveTestApp91620". It sounds like fun, anyone tried it?

I finished Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.
    It was nice. Albeit a bit poor. It was annoying how the game always points the camera in the direction where you have to go so there is not much exploration or thinking how to get through the room.
    The final setpiece even though is still mechanically weak it was great. Very well put together and exiting.
    Now I have no idea what to play next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    I was thinking about playing that "ValveTestApp91620". It sounds like fun, anyone tried it?
    It should be Sanctum.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Activated Node Proctor Eldritch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proctor Eldritch View Post
    Played the Just Cause 2 multiplayer beta with a few other RPS denizens this afternoon. It's nothing to write home about. The novelty wears off after a few hours of messing around.
    I take this back. Although, I do wonder how long the appeal will last.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Seriously.

Stop stealing my shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I finished Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.
    It was nice. Albeit a bit poor. It was annoying how the game always points the camera in the direction where you have to go so there is not much exploration or thinking how to get through the room.
    The final setpiece even though is still mechanically weak it was great. Very well put together and exiting.
    Now I have no idea what to play next.
    That's almost exactly how I felt. What is this sorcery!

Seriously, it could've been much, much better with a few tweaks. I was hoping it would be more like Two Thrones but it lacked a bit of the scope of that game.