Page 399 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499899 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 24071
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Brotherhood let's you buy map markers for feathers later in the storyline. Genius really, much more satisfying hoovering the map clean.
    Seriously, that info just bumped Brotherhood up a lot of spots in my playlist.
    However, while that is much better than no info at all, it would be perfect if it just gave you the general area, like some "locate the target" missions, and you had to find the feather in that limited area.

Finding them in AC2 was mostly annoying, but it did let me to apreciate the area design a lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Take my advise and stop it, the end reward is not worth it. :(
    The game end reward might not be, but keepign my OCD satisfied is a reward in itself. Plus, if it's marked on the map, it's trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post

Jolly Rover. A positive surprise. Might not return to it again, but I'm glad I played it and would recommend it to adventure game fans as long as they're clear of the caveat that it's nothing that will test their braincells to their limits.
    I did love that one. It made me think of Dumas by the way of old cartoons. A solid game.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Add me to the "can't bring myself to play the sequel until I've played the first one" list for any games that continue a narrative, and especially for any game with an import function. I don't think there's anything weird about that, myself, and I've certainly had it stop me from playing well-recommended games due to an inferior prequel.
    Almost +1. An inferior sequel is no barrier to me. If anything, I enjoy playing a crap game every now and then, and I also enjoy experiencing the step up from previous game to sequel.

And Baldur's Gate is superior to BG2 in a couple of areas...

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I finished Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.
    It was nice. Albeit a bit poor. [...]
    The final setpiece even though is still mechanically weak it was great. Very well put together and exiting.
    Now I have no idea what to play next.
    That game was so forgettable (hah!) that I don't even recall that final setpiece. Gaming marmite.
    Is "Luis_Magalhes" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Still Playing Fallout New Vegas: The story is nice and I love the NPC, just met Cass, nice 'clin d'oeil' to Fallout 2. I still think that the environments are weak and the engine dated but I can live with that. But got, could they make a less intuitive inventory ? how can people complain about Skyrim's...

Just finished the Darkness on my Xbox, needed to finish it so I could start the second one on PC. I hadn't played on a console for a while and I must say it felt pretty good to play on a larger screen with a controler for a while. Do anyone knows if it's possible to play with a wireless xbox controler on pc ?

I started the Darkness 2, to early to say anything about it but it started strong, more action packed but faithful to the first one (lots of talking, loading cutscene, the metro, the humor...)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post

Just finished the Darkness on my Xbox, needed to finish it so I could start the second one on PC. I hadn't played on a console for a while and I must say it felt pretty good to play on a larger screen with a controler for a while. Do anyone knows if it's possible to play with a wireless xbox controler on pc ?

It is, but you'll need an adapter to hook it up to the PC. (That link should be useful if you're in the UK)

I just played through Hexen (using zdoom), which was very good and I hoped I could start playing Sleeping Dawgs but for some reason it's only available here on Friday while the USians can already play. Not cool.
    Oh well, I guess that gives me some time to play through the Hexen expansion.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Still Playing Fallout New Vegas: The story is nice and I love the NPC, just met Cass, nice 'clin d'oeil' to Fallout 2. I still think that the environments are weak and the engine dated but I can live with that. But got, could they make a less intuitive inventory ? how can people complain about Skyrim's...
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34902
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44515
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34950

Will all make navigating the inventory and text interfaces easier. They don't do anything drastic so it's fine for a first time playthrough.

You'll see some more intricate environment design in the DLCs, being that they are smaller and self-contained.

Recently started playing the Smite beta, which is my first encounter with a moba/dota game. The difference is that you're directly controlling your character in Smite (3rd person view, WASD controls), which draws you into the game immediately. Besides that it's almost similar to LoL/Dota2 when it comes to the mechanics, but I'm just more comfortable with WASD controls.

Also busy with a month's old BG2 game and returned to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes for a bit, as it just went F2P. It's not going to be a long stay though, as the game is still insanely laggy and has the same graphical glitches as it did in 2007. Sigh, the wasted potential on this one :(

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    That's almost exactly how I felt. What is this sorcery!

Seriously, it could've been much, much better with a few tweaks. I was hoping it would be more like Two Thrones but it lacked a bit of the scope of that game.
    Yes, It has some nice ideas, like the water thing. But the story is just uninspired. The combat too simplified and the unlocks thing just silly. PoP is about getting from one place to another while jumping, running and doing crazy acrobatic stuff. Thing is here getting from A to B is just a matter of timing the movements right. You don't get the satisfaction of figuring how to get through it, and that is it's biggest sin for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_firelord View Post
    Seriously, that info just bumped Brotherhood up a lot of spots in my playlist.
    However, while that is much better than no info at all, it would be perfect if it just gave you the general area, like some "locate the target" missions, and you had to find the feather in that limited area.

Finding them in AC2 was mostly annoying, but it did let me to apreciate the area design a lot more!

The game end reward might not be, but keepign my OCD satisfied is a reward in itself. Plus, if it's marked on the map, it's trivial.

I know what you mean, I collected everything besides those feathers as well, they weren't on my map or at least I don't remember they were. Thing is I did the feathers as last and since collecting all of them gives you a cape that makes you public enemy #1 it was pretty useless post-game.

I also played it on PC so no trophies for me.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The feathers thing in Brotherhood is a bit of a red herring. The feathers experience of AC2 is replaced by the Borgia flags in Brotherhood. Still the best of the AC games however and the Leanardo machines side quests are an excellent laugh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    The feathers thing in Brotherhood is a bit of a red herring. The feathers experience of AC2 is replaced by the Borgia flags in Brotherhood. Still the best of the AC games however and the Leanardo machines side quests are an excellent laugh.
    You can buy map markers from art shops for the regions flags too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Finished Saints Row 3 and it was great fun. Never played SR1 or 2 but really looking forward to SR4 now.

Looking through my game library at the stuff I've never played and noticed Overlord 2. I'd completely forgotten that I'd bought that. Anyone played it? Any good? It's either that or Terraria which I've also never played.

Turns out the Hexen "expansion" is absolutely awful. No new weapons, no new enemies, no new environments. In fact, they even reused puzzles! All they did was turning up the difficulty up to 11. Not gonna bother beyond the first third.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Darksiders why must thee so be unforgiving.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Splinter Cell Conviction isn't really grabbing me as much. Proper stealth games (yes I know Conviction is very watered down from Chaos Theory) fascinate me for a level or two but then lose me in the repitition. I prefer stealth in things like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol or even Skyrim - games where it is only one option of several.
    Don't get me wrong, Conviction is a good game and I'm going to try and finish it. It's just not going to be played exclusively.

Hence me starting a new game of Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity. Quickly made a nice 2 Star / 60 planets map and am doing a 3v3 with some AI varying between Normal and Hard difficulty. I love how quickly the game lets you set something like that up - the map creator is a dream to use. Only about 3 hours into it but I'm already hooked again. And now that everyone seems to have inter-star travel unlocked things are going to get very interesting.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You can buy map markers from art shops for the regions flags too.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!!!??!?!

/rushes to his brotherhood save

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Overlord 2. I'd completely forgotten that I'd bought that. Anyone played it? Any good?
    I played it and liked it, but not as much as the first one. Also, I played them on Xbox 360 (before I emerged from the primordial ooze into PC gaming), so I'm not sure how well the PC versions play.

Tower Wars - what on earth was I thinking. Online play is dull and slow. Matchmaking seems to be random or i'm just completely crap at it. Defender's Quest, Gratuitous Tank Battles and Immortal Defense still rule!
    Guardians of Graxia (plus all DLC) - this seems actually pretty good so far. Complex card-based wargame - lots of variables - kinda like Etherlords meets Summoner Wars.
    Hero Academy - hoping this is something I can play with the missus until Torchlight II comes out. Seems simple but fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Played through part one of the walking dead game. Have to say I quite enjoyed it (I did rewind chapters a few times to try out different things) and I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out in part 2, although I might play an alternative version of Part one as I'm interested to see how differently things could go. Thumbs up so far.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I played it and liked it, but not as much as the first one. Also, I played them on Xbox 360 (before I emerged from the primordial ooze into PC gaming), so I'm not sure how well the PC versions play.
    The mouse feels surprisingly natural for controlling minions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Splinter Cell Conviction isn't really grabbing me as much. Proper stealth games (yes I know Conviction is very watered down from Chaos Theory) fascinate me for a level or two but then lose me in the repitition. I prefer stealth in things like Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol or even Skyrim - games where it is only one option of several.
    Don't get me wrong, Conviction is a good game and I'm going to try and finish it. It's just not going to be played exclusively.
    Deniable Ops is a fun time, better than the main campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    The mouse feels surprisingly natural for controlling minions.
    The pad controls are spot on. Mind.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/