Page 402 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 23659
    I'm playing Hitman: Blood Money. It's pretty good so far, although I get the impression that disguises are way more effective than they should be. I'd imagine that the fifth time I walk past a guard in the same uniform that I picked off his buddy he'd figure it out. Maybe that's just because I'm playing on Normal. I think I'm also loading saves more than I should.

After being nonlethal and ghosty for the last two missions, I went to do the suburban one. It seemed pretty easy at the start. First I sedated the annoyingly vigilant hedge-clipping woman so I could leave my rifle suitcase in the pet shop. Then I opened the doors of the plain white van and put a round in each of the feds inside with my silenced pistol. I took one of their uniforms and made the phone ring inside the house. I quickly ran back to where I put my sniper rifle and assembled it. By then the target had walked up to the window, and I could finish him with a single shot. The pet shop garage was dark, so nobody saw me. Then I realize I'm also supposed to retrieve a microfilm with evidence on it from the target. Damn. This could have been so easy. Gonna have to do better next time.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    After being nonlethal and ghosty for the last two missions, I went to do the suburban one. It seemed pretty easy at the start. First I sedated the annoyingly vigilant hedge-clipping woman so I could leave my rifle suitcase in the pet shop. Then I opened the doors of the plain white van and put a round in each of the feds inside with my silenced pistol. I took one of their uniforms and made the phone ring inside the house. I quickly ran back to where I put my sniper rifle and assembled it. By then the target had walked up to the window, and I could finish him with a single shot. The pet shop garage was dark, so nobody saw me. Then I realize I'm also supposed to retrieve a microfilm with evidence on it from the target. Damn. This could have been so easy. Gonna have to do better next time.
    Don't wanna spoil anything and don't wanna tell you how to play, but you're totally missing out if you just go around shooting everyone in that mission. One of the most re-playable missions in the series in my opinion, and some of the options are hilarious.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Still playing Fallout: New Vegas
    New Vegas and the strip live on in all the endings, though obviously not all in the same state. There's no way to do what you'd like to do with it.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just walked through Dear Esther. It was great. It has only two faults in my mind: 1) The sometimes very obvious invisible walls. Why didn't they just make the cliffs steeper? Just breaks immersion for no good reason. (I guess you could always argue that the PC simply doesn't want to go anywhere but where the game leads you, but I call it bad design if you need to argue at all.) 2) The [spoiler] part at the end when it takes control from the player. As Alec said in his WIT, climbing up the mast and jumping down would have been the natural thing to do anyway. [/spoiler]

Otherwise, a truly sublime experience. The music was awesome too.

Network Hub
    Alternating between Hitman: Blood Money, Civ5 and World of Tanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goateh View Post
    New Vegas and the strip live on in all the endings, though obviously not all in the same state. There's no way to do what you'd like to do with it.
    Is there at least a way to make the place "open door?"

Network Hub
    As long as you don't side with House the place becomes 'open' to a degree. There's a specific set of circumstances with the NCR ending and the Followers to get close to what you want but all three none-House endings (Wild Card, Caesar, NCR) remove the exclusivity of the strip enforced by House. As you might guess, they do it in different ways. If anything, Caesar and NCR bring the most equality but they come with other consequences too. Independence probably meets your overall goal best.

The ending you pursue can have an impact on other places than just the strip but you can probably guess the overall theme of each faction. As a vague spoiler,

NCR law and order, Caeser ruthlessly/violently enforced order, House and Independence relatively isolationist.

Fallout 2

Well, that was a lot better than Fallout 1. More stuff to see and do and, more importantly, zones that had interaction with other zones. It kept the same interface that I just can't get on with and the combat was occasionally brutal but the stories were much more interesting for not telling a series of tales about small towns in a vacuum.

I'm not sure what I missed but occasionally I'd fight an enemy who was otherwise quite weak and they'd suddenly land a critical hit that did more damage than I had health, instantly killing me. What were you meant to do against randomly being hit for 200 damage while in power armour other than hope you put all your points in endurance? Those miniguns sure chewed me up fast when they were close.

I'm very tempted to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas again now, except that I don't really have the time for a double marathon of huge games. The story of 3 and New Vegas didn't quite reach the heights of 2 but I definitely prefer the introduction of the first person perspective. Sadly, the inventory hasn't come along too much. At least mods can do some work with that now.
    Last edited by Goateh; 17-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Sure. But in this case "open door" is tantamount to anarchy, as Gannon will point out.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Sure. But in this case "open door" is tantamount to anarchy, as Gannon will point out.
    Considering that the whole place is mostly just an unconscionable waste of resources by a bunch of too-big-for-their-britches tribals, I'm probably ok with that, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just pleased to hear I have a full array of options.

Somewhat behind the curve, but i'm really enjoying Day Z. had my most successful start ever today, managed to loot Cherno and found an Enfield, map, watch, compass, binos, cammo gear, food and drink, matches and ammo. (i had everything except a bandage)

Was feeling pretty smug and started to crawl out of Cherno, when a zombie just ran straight up from nowhere bit me, i started bleeding and died a few mintues later, while frantically trying to find a bandage.

Didn't have time to go find my corpse. This game is brutal, but all the better for it.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Considering that the whole place is mostly just an unconscionable waste of resources by a bunch of too-big-for-their-britches tribals, I'm probably ok with that, but we'll see how it goes. I'm just pleased to hear I have a full array of options.
    Though it's ambiguous, I'd say Caesar's Legion are the most likely to distribute the resources of The Strip to those they see fit, or raze the place and melt everything down to make weapons and armour. Caesar sees it a place of unbound excess, a corrupting influence, so it's highly unlikely they'd keep it around. Knowing the NCR, from both New Vegas and Fallout 2, chances are they'll make The Strip into some sort of resort for the "Elite" of their society. Of course if you go Independent you can just imagine you did whatever you want with it.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    You should do this even when sans frustration because Ponyo (and alcohol) is amazing.
    Indeed it is. One of the few Ghibli films I hadn't watched yet and now I'm glad I did, because it's just as sublime as their other work. So in the end, not being able to join a TF2 server worked in my favour. I'm sure there's an important life lesson hidden in this, but I can't be bothered to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    For most of the game I was looking forward to playing Ep1 and 2 but now I don't know if I really want to. Maybe a cooldown period will help.
    For what it's worth, reworking AI behaviour is by far the biggest improvement Valve made in the episodes. Fighting alongside a companion is now actually fun. It helps that they made the levels a bit more open; I have no idea whose bright idea it was to make Anticitizen One, a level that extensively features invincible NPCs, a long stretch of narrow corridors.

Sins of a solar empire: rebellion. Was a toss up between that and Endless Space, but the reviews suggested endless space AI needs some work.

EU III, some HOI III. A dash of Vic II. Some M&B when I want some action and the best for last . . . . . FIFA . . .. . . . on xbox!!!!!!

Darksiders, currently on the Black Throne... yeah.

Network Hub
    Banging my way through Castlevania Lords or Shadow. I won't go into much detail because it's an X360 game, but I am hesitantly enjoying it. It's roughly a 50/50 mix of enjoyable and disappointing. Enjoyable for the challenging combat, nice visuals, and decent story. Disappointing for the cloned God of War gameplay, invisible walls, unfair death falls, and poor platforming. Still worth a playthrough though, even though it wastes the Castlevania name.

Besides that, I'm doing my best to discipline myself at playing the pile of games I bought in the Steam Summer Sale rather than buy anything else. Just finished Walking Dead (Eps 1 and 2) - AMAZING - and about to dive into Legend of Grimrock. I may fire up some Warhammer 40K Space Marine if the action bug bites me.

Crysis 2 - it's picked up now the Cephs have appeared.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

I've finished RAGE, and while I still like the game quite a bit it does kinda wear out it's welcome and ends on an anticlimax.

So as a change of pace I started Dawn of War 2 yesterday. I hate to play RTS games, and the 1st few missions of DoW2 that I played don't go a long way in to changing that. I still plan to stick with it, hoping that it will have the same effect that Machinaruim had; in that it made me interested in adventure games again...
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Just finished Mass Effect 3 for the first time using my male renegade Shep. That game was pure awesome! Sure, I had the extended ending installed so I didn't see the original ending, and I agree that you can argue that the reaper logic is a tad flawed, but that game was excellent! The ending gave me chills!
    I'm definitely satisfied with the game, and series for that matter.

Just finished Darksiders, really enjoyed it. Now I just have to wait until Darksiders II falls on the 15€ range on some sale so I can afford it, with luck it might happen on christmas, who knows.