Page 404 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 22687
    Banned
    Played and finished Syndicate now that I have 16:10 monitor and anamorphic res isn't as much of an issue.

Meh.

I was playing Dead Island and Rayman Origins; but they've been put on indefinite hold now that I've become addicted to Team Fortress 2's Mann vs Machine mode.

It's fun figuring out which combination of classes are most effective against the robot army.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Soldier with that steampunk pistol that penetrates multiple targets is great in mvm. Upgrading firing and reload speed makes it a beast.

Just finished Alan Wake and I'm now starting the extra stories.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I gave League of Legends a shot.

Sucking at it is putting it lightly.

Even, against bots I usually spend time walking back for healing because I got hit hard because the enemies are 3 or more levels higher than me and when I'm finally back to the battlefield they are able to finish me within 5 hits. And once you drag behind in levels, you're boned.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    First run through the witcher 2's enchanced edition. It seems to be a lot easier, since I'm playing on hard mode and am not really struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I gave League of Legends a shot.

Sucking at it is putting it lightly.

Even, against bots I usually spend time walking back for healing because I got hit hard because the enemies are 3 or more levels higher than me and when I'm finally back to the battlefield they are able to finish me within 5 hits. And once you drag behind in levels, you're boned.
    The best advice I can give you for that game is don't worry about how many kills your getting, worry about not dying. That and just keep last hitting mobs any chance you get (unless your playing as support, in which case help the other champions last hit).

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    First run through the witcher 2's enchanced edition. It seems to be a lot easier, since I'm playing on hard mode and am not really struggling.
    Is it your 2nd playthrough all-in-all? I upped the difficulty from normal to hard from my first to second play, but found it a lot easier. It's just you becoming more badass and accustomed to the game.

One of my Steam friends gifted me Dota2, been playing a few games on it. So far... it's kicking my ass. Needed some experience anyway, each game I seem to be getting better. Sucks that I can't do the training mode (which is greyed out at the moment), but I guess playing it online is a better learning curve, seeing as this game has such a steep one.
    Last edited by Brit89; 20-08-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Nothing!!!

My monitor died. first it didn't respond whenever i turned the computer on (which works) but did when i unplugged it and plugged it back on. sometimes it showed pure white screen, sometimes just black. it became more and more difficult to start it tough and finally on friday it died completely.
    it does start by itself. when it was still plugged it, suddenly it would come back to life and and turn the screen white only to die seconds laters.
    very distressing when you wake up at night to brightly lit room just because the monitor turned on again. it felt like it was watching me.

so at least now i have a reason to move to full hd. shame my computer won't be able to handle games in that resolt so now im forced to get a new computer to play games which worked on 1680 res. or play them windowed.

last thing i played was of course baldurs gate 2. was about to leave promenade and get to the slums. but got stuck fighting few guys in upper flors of an inn. most difficult fight ever :(

Having a break from Fallout New Vegas. I am playing Binary Domain.

In chapter 3 already, guess it won't be a long game... good I was looking for some mindless fun and it delivers. Reminds me a bit of Bulletstorm, but the gameplay is more traditional. I do like the hub parts and the driving/diving/railshooting sequences. The pace of the action is probably it's stronger point.

Some boss battles are just annoying, not terribly difficult but I got bumped around to much...Maybe it's just me not using the cover system well enough ...

Won't be memorable of course, but not the failure some said it was.

Oh, a warning though, basic controls are awful and default FOV is an aberration, but you can change all that in the configs outside the game. Personaly? I just grabbed my Xbox controler. It's console port anyway.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Renegade Ops: Jolly good fun and the physics of bouncing around the level is lovely. It looks fantastic and the plot is loose enough to be some sillyness on the side without getting in the way of blowing things up.

But, the difficulty settings are pissing me off a little. Normal is nice and challenging for me, but losing your last life at the end of a 20 min mission and having to replay the entire thing is not something I want from my games anymore. So I tried dropping the difficulty down, which whilst taking away some fun things like the upgrade system also gives unlimited lives. Which would be useful if the game didn't shoot down to the point where it's so easy you never die once and the game is far less fun for it.

Basically it's a great game but the limited lives in normal player strikes it down somewhat in my mind. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the levels weren't quite so long but replaying the exact same 20 mins of content doesn't amuse me much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Renegade Ops: Jolly good fun and the physics of bouncing around the level is lovely. It looks fantastic and the plot is loose enough to be some sillyness on the side without getting in the way of blowing things up.

But, the difficulty settings are pissing me off a little. Normal is nice and challenging for me, but losing your last life at the end of a 20 min mission and having to replay the entire thing is not something I want from my games anymore. So I tried dropping the difficulty down, which whilst taking away some fun things like the upgrade system also gives unlimited lives. Which would be useful if the game didn't shoot down to the point where it's so easy you never die once and the game is far less fun for it.

Basically it's a great game but the limited lives in normal player strikes it down somewhat in my mind. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the levels weren't quite so long but replaying the exact same 20 mins of content doesn't amuse me much.
    I have no idea why the cars drive like they're on ice though. :o
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Do you have the character dlc? Any character who can apply a healing effect is a good idea, but crystal is the most overpowered (read as best).

Play on medium until you grind out a few basic unlocks by playing until you die on the first level (don't quit out or you lose progress)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Do you have the character dlc? Any character who can apply a healing effect is a good idea, but crystal is the most overpowered (read as best).

Play on medium until you grind out a few basic unlocks by playing until you die on the first level (don't quit out or you lose progress)
    I used Crystal for most of it (the last failed run was mission 3 of the dlc, but the last mission of the normal game killed a few runs annoyingly). Even with the healing bubble I still die a bit (just not that good at this kind of game I guess :] ), but I was using the airstrike girl and gordon a bit beforehand.

As for purposeful grinding, that just sounds awful in a game like this. I'm sure I'll try and power through the level again but if I die at the end I may just put the game down for good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Renegade Ops is designed for replayability though, which is why grinding comes into play because you're supposed to play it a few times. As it goes, the final mission of the main game is very hard, so don't be put-off by that. I breezed through most of the game, but the last few levels are certainly turned up a bit.