Page 408 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508908 ... LastLast
Results 8,141 to 8,160 of 22746
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    All characters are potato faces in Bethesda games, it's impossible to make a good looking character.
    That's why mods exists :) For both Skyrim and New Vegas there are some really nice mods that get rid of the Plastic-Potato-Face-Syndrom.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Banned
    All characters are potato faces in Bethesda games, it's impossible to make a good looking character.
    Skyrim's faces were perfectly fine. Well taking into consideration how goofy most of Elder Scrolls races look by default, that is.

Just started E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. It's definitely something. A whole lot of somethings, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Just started E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. It's definitely something. A whole lot of somethings, in fact.
    I think that's exactly the right way to describe it.

Obscure Node
    "What are you playing at the moment?"

Crysis, from the Summer Steam Sale - didn't realise it'd be so explodey!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Currently playing through KOTOR1. After meaning to play the game for quite some time, and then picking it up for a few dollars in the summer sale recently I thought it was about time I give it a go.

Very good game all in all despite all the fact that its buggy as well. Having to reload after every couple of battles due to my main character being unable to move got annoying fast.
    The second game is now on Steam.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Just played 30 Flights of Loving. Didn't really connect with me to be honest (and I did rather like Gravity Bone). I think possibly the ending was more bemusing than Gravity Bone and there were perhaps a few less knowing nods to the daftness of games (did like the fact you could still jump when pushing the wheelchair!). Still looking forward to whatever Blendo do next though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I'm en route to finishing the first area of Darksiders 2 (I think I am at any rate) and so far it's been thoroughly excellent. Combat is frenetic and enjoyable, platforming and general movement is fun and the dungeons have maintained that good edge they were in the first. That is to say, everything makes sense and is rather simple, but not tutorial-mode easily so far. I've been stuck on one point so far for longer than a few minutes, but that was because I didn't pay attention to one of the on-screen prompts properly. Very satisfying up till now.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Decided to jump back into my Infamous difficulty Far Cry 2 playthrough, except now I've installed that Graphical Enhancement Suite and the Realism Mod.
    The GES changes the look of the game quite a bit, and certainly makes a nice alternative to the vanilla look which, if you've put as many hours into FC2 as I have, is a good way to make it feel fresh. I prefer vanilla though, and the GES does make some things look weird (skybox).
    The realism mod certainly makes things trickier on Infamous and I've died once already. Oddly it makes things a bit easier as times though. For example, the silenced pistol can now kill with a single torso shot, sometimes two. Of course this is balanced by you being able to only take a few hits but this often killed you on vanilla Infamous anyway, so you end up with the advantage. Just bought the stealth suit so it'll be interesting to see if enemies do notice me less - as promised by the mod - and I'll also drive through a few camps to see if the reduced aggression works too.

Still love this game though. Everything is so damn tense especially when you're this fragile. Planning encounters is key, as it knowing where your retreat paths are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Faces in Skyrim are fine. Bodies on the other hand. Both Bioware and Bethesda seem to have big issues when it comes to bodies. Particularly female ones. Every woman in Dragon Age has the same body regardless of their age. Skyrim is guilty of this too, with old crones looking as young as what I guess are twenty and thirty year olds until you see their face.

I've been playing through Space Marine. Such a popcorn game. Story is generic 40k mush, but the combat is awesome. Little bit too much walking from A to B for my liking though with not very much going on between. And the music, it's terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Restarting Neverwinter Nights 2 I wanted my character to be able to lead the party, hold his own on the front line, and have plenty of skills. Luckily I found my answer in the Storm of Zehir expansion pack (at least it was good for something), and picked the Swashbuckler class. On the few occasions I can't talk my way out of trouble, my insanely high parry skill can hold back the mobs and leave my archers and wizards free to do their damage in peace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Currently playing through KOTOR1. After meaning to play the game for quite some time, and then picking it up for a few dollars in the summer sale recently I thought it was about time I give it a go.

Very good game all in all despite all the fact that its buggy as well. Having to reload after every couple of battles due to my main character being unable to move got annoying fast.
    I think that's a bug because of Win7/Vista. Try disabling v-sync.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I think that's a bug because of Win7/Vista. Try disabling v-sync.
    Yeah, V-Sync either makes or breaks a game. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I wouldn't recommend the swashbuckler. The parry skill used to be broken, when you get attacked more than once per round it just doesn't work correctly. Amazingly enough, this glitch exists already in the first NWN.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The realism mod certainly makes things trickier on Infamous and I've died once already. Oddly it makes things a bit easier as times though. For example, the silenced pistol can now kill with a single torso shot, sometimes two. Of course this is balanced by you being able to only take a few hits but this often killed you on vanilla Infamous anyway, so you end up with the advantage. Just bought the stealth suit so it'll be interesting to see if enemies do notice me less - as promised by the mod - and I'll also drive through a few camps to see if the reduced aggression works too.
    I'm going to have to try this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Sleeping Dogs.

I dunno what happened. The first half of the game was your HKPD handler saying "there are very few guns in Hong Kong," and lo it was true. The first ten hours of the game, I didn't even hold a gun, let alone fire one in anger.

Then the second half of the game rolled around, and I'm now personally responsible for the largest bloodbath any major city has seen in half a century. I don't get it: The game was actually doing pretty good as a counterpoint to GTA4... then it became GTA4.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Restarting Neverwinter Nights 2 I wanted my character to be able to lead the party, hold his own on the front line, and have plenty of skills. Luckily I found my answer in the Storm of Zehir expansion pack (at least it was good for something), and picked the Swashbuckler class. On the few occasions I can't talk my way out of trouble, my insanely high parry skill can hold back the mobs and leave my archers and wizards free to do their damage in peace.

Our minds may be in sync, I started NW2 campaign as a swashbuckler today!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the swashbuckler. The parry skill used to be broken, when you get attacked more than once per round it just doesn't work correctly. Amazingly enough, this glitch exists already in the first NWN.
    I think they fixed that. He's not supposed to be able to parry armies, but the number of enemies he can parry seems to go up slightly with levels. I can't find the proof online though. All I know is he's a devil to hit and there were numerous fights I would have lost if he had been a fighter class.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 24-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I finally managed to play Mann vs Machine and it's really lots of fun.

Yeah, V-Sync either makes or breaks a game. ;p
    It's amazing isn't it. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood crashes for me if I don't have V-sync on, Assassin's Creed II crashes for me if I DO have V-sync on. Odd as hell!