Page 409 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 20957
    For KOTOR I found out that not only did disabling V-Sync help, but so did playing it on Windowed mode.

Darksiders II, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, Panzer Corps - Afrika Corps, Dawn Of War I, RAGE (the game) and the beta of Natural Selection 2.

Total choice paralysis, argh.

I am playing 'wait eleven million years for visual studio to update'

UPDATE: Hooray! it fucking failed again.
    Last edited by roryok; 24-08-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    The biggest problem with Swashbucklers in Neverwinter Nights 2 is that they rely a lot on critical hits for their damage, which means they become considerably weaker once critical immune enemies with damage resistance show up. It's the same problem the Rogue has. That said, NwN 2 isn't the hardest game, so aside from one or two battles this shouldn't hinder you too much.

I've been playing some more Mann vs. Machine. Lots of fun when you have a decent server and play it with friends, though it's starting to become a bit stale. There isn't a lot of variety in the maps, so eventually everything starts to become predictable. Which is why I'm looking forward to custom levels built by the community.

Splinter Cell: Conviction. It's not really a Splinter Cell game, but it's still nice to play...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Splinter Cell: Conviction. It's not really a Splinter Cell game, but it's still nice to play...
    If it was called Tom Cuhlansey's Stealth Murderer Man it would have gotten a better metacritic user score for sure.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I am the Alan Shore of Neverwinter Nights 2. During the trial I treated hostile witnesses like old friends, quoted obscure literary references until Torio was so far off track she could barely remember what her original question was, and had the crowd believing my extortion of a gnomish merchant was some kind of brilliant marketing scheme.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I just have my new PC up and running, so I have been looking forward to playing any technically demanding game from the last few years which wouldn't run on my old machine or that I abandoned because they ran so poorly.

Any from: Skyrim, Stalker:SoC, Stalker:CoP, Bioshock 2, Shogun 2, Fallout:NV.

And what do I spend most of my time playing?

Binding of Isaac.

Bloody flash game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That's a great test of your machine. Did you finally manage to get away from the slowdown?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    And what do I spend most of my time playing?

Binding of Isaac.
    130 hours according to Steam. 130. Bloody flash game indeed.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I am the Alan Shore of Neverwinter Nights 2. During the trial I treated hostile witnesses like old friends, quoted obscure literary references until Torio was so far off track she could barely remember what her original question was, and had the crowd believing my extortion of a gnomish merchant was some kind of brilliant marketing scheme.
    So much fun isn't it? I forget, have you completed the game before or only ever gotten part way through Act 1?

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    The biggest problem with Swashbucklers in Neverwinter Nights 2 is that they rely a lot on critical hits for their damage, which means they become considerably weaker once critical immune enemies with damage resistance show up. It's the same problem the Rogue has. That said, NwN 2 isn't the hardest game, so aside from one or two battles this shouldn't hinder you too much.
    Goddamn. Elite. Vampires. There was very little my sorcerer could do against them until I remembered I had scrolls of Fuck-You-Undead (Sunbeam) tucked away. Being reliant on backstab & piercing damage could get very tricky unless you have some great anti-undead stuff tucked away.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Goddamn. Elite. Vampires. There was very little my sorcerer could do against them until I remembered I had scrolls of Fuck-You-Undead (Sunbeam) tucked away. Being reliant on backstab & piercing damage could get very tricky unless you have some great anti-undead stuff tucked away.
    I found the best solution was to loot everything in sight while my party dealt with any undead and dragons we encountered. Sure they were mad at me when they couldn't afford to buy any goodies due to me having all the loot, but I was roleplaying my Svirfneblin rogue, damn it.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I found the best solution was to loot everything in sight while my party dealt with any undead and dragons we encountered. Sure they were mad at me when they couldn't afford to buy any goodies due to me having all the loot, but I was roleplaying my Svirfneblin rogue, damn it.
    The specific part I'm thinking of is a solo part - no party and no leaving until those vampires are down.

How does the NWN2 campaign work out in multiplayer anyway? It intrigues me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    The specific part I'm thinking of is a solo part - no party and no leaving until those vampires are down.

All players are always present, whoever does the talking is the protagonist for purposes of that conversation (this can lead to some huge weirdness with the romance options). The counterbalance is that experience is divided more ways, so two people playing through NWN2 will be a level or two lower than a single player at the same point, as will their party. The net effect is to make the game easier at the beginning and markedly harder toward the end.

Surprisingly well. We never finished the game as it was hard to coordinate everyone's schedule, but LANing NWN2 was very fun. Some encounters were ridiculously easy, as any parts where you were supposed to be alone meant your friends were with you (I recall the trial by combat part ended in about two rounds for us). Our party makeup was:

Svirfneblin rogue
    Human barbarian
    Elf rogue
    Human cleric
    Human paladin

I'd definitely recommend it, just don't get caught with tens of thousands of gold pieces when the rest of your party has maybe a few hundred gold pieces each. Come to think of it, that may have played a role in the premature ending of our game.

I take great pride in always being ahead of the curve, so I started Saints Row 2. Insert expletives about quality of the port. Game seems plenty good otherwise. Gonna install Gentlemen of the Row next time i play.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I take great pride in always being ahead of the curve, so I started Saints Row 2. Insert expletives about quality of the port. Game seems plenty good otherwise. Gonna install Gentlemen of the Row next time i play.
    That patch makes a hell of a lot of difference.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    That patch makes a hell of a lot of difference.
    4srs 10char
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Surprisingly well. We never finished the game as it was hard to coordinate everyone's schedule, but LANing NWN2 was very fun. Some encounters were ridiculously easy, as any parts where you were supposed to be alone meant your friends were with you (I recall the trial by combat part ended in about two rounds for us). Our party makeup was:

Svirfneblin rogue
    Human barbarian
    Elf rogue
    Human cleric
    Human paladin

I'd definitely recommend it, just don't get caught with tens of thousands of gold pieces when the rest of your party has maybe a few hundred gold pieces each. Come to think of it, that may have played a role in the premature ending of our game.
    So each player makes a character to play with? What happens to the joinables like Neeshka et al? Do you control your own character plus one of the normal NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    All players are always present, whoever does the talking is the protagonist for purposes of that conversation (this can lead to some huge weirdness with the romance options). The counterbalance is that experience is divided more ways, so two people playing through NWN2 will be a level or two lower than a single player at the same point, as will their party. The net effect is to make the game easier at the beginning and markedly harder toward the end.
    Thanks. I imagined the dialogues would get weird but didn't think they'd be that strange - I'm assuming romances would kind of transfer from one PC to the next depending on who talks.

So each player makes a character to play with? What happens to the joinables like Neeshka et al? Do you control your own character plus one of the normal NPCs?
    Yes, each player creates their own character to play.

It's been years so my memory is hazy, but I don't remember the NPCs in our game. If they were there they were probably controlled by whomever was hosting the game. I certainly didn't control any. I'll ask my friends to see if they remember.