Page 410 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510910 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 22746
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Whoever wants to control the NPC's controls them. It's no different than single player, there are just two "control rings" instead of one. Whoever selects an NPC and hits the "level up" button controls how they level up. There's a party size limit, though, so someone like Fumarole playing with a large group of humans probably didn't have any. I played through in 2-player co-op, and we were able to carry 2 or 3 NPC's at any given time as I recall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    So much fun isn't it? I forget, have you completed the game before or only ever gotten part way through Act 1?
    Finished the game once before. Meant to do it again over the years but I rarely got to Neverwinter before spending yet another hour back on the character creation screen.

I've heard "So many years ago today..." about five billion times now, I could kill on those words.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Whoever wants to control the NPC's controls them. It's no different than single player, there are just two "control rings" instead of one. Whoever selects an NPC and hits the "level up" button controls how they level up. There's a party size limit, though, so someone like Fumarole playing with a large group of humans probably didn't have any. I played through in 2-player co-op, and we were able to carry 2 or 3 NPC's at any given time as I recall.
    So can one person cancel the orders another gives to an NPC, or are they 'bound' to the one that first gives the order or levels them up? Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of trying a game of it so I'm trying to nail down the specifics. I wonder if the console command to remove the party member limit would work. Y'know, for science.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Finished the game once before. Meant to do it again over the years but I rarely got to Neverwinter before spending yet another hour back on the character creation screen.

I've heard "So many years ago today..." about five billion times now, I could kill on those words.
    Ok, so you know what to expect then. I've finished it twice - first with a pure ranger and then a sorcerer/arcane scholar/eldritch knight - but the second time there was a gap of 6+ months in starting Act 1 and finishing it. Never felt the compulsion to spend time at character creation, especailly as I'm terrible at thinking about prestige classes etc. Now, the older 2nd Ed games where you rolled for stats, those could keep me happy for hours without ever getting into the game proper.
    What about Mask of the Betrayer or Storm of Zehir, ever played them?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Neither yet. I'll be playing Mask of Betrayer next, but Storm of Zehir doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Neither yet. I'll be playing Mask of Betrayer next, but Storm of Zehir doesn't look like my cup of tea.
    Excellent, you're in for a treat then.
    I have Zehir and tried to get into it. But without any appreciable story I bounced right off. It felt a bit like Icewind Dale 1 and so I'm sure there is fun to be had, but that engine was killing me. Random encounters where party members would sprint across the map to start shit with some fresh enemies while you were already trying to take a batch on with the rest of your party. And while you could turn AI off this lead to a micro-managing nightmare.
    One day, maybe.

So can one person cancel the orders another gives to an NPC, or are they 'bound' to the one that first gives the order or levels them up? Myself and a couple of friends are thinking of trying a game of it so I'm trying to nail down the specifics. I wonder if the console command to remove the party member limit would work. Y'know, for science.
    It's exactly like Infinity Engine MP, essentially. Whoever is in control of them at the moment is in control of them. When that person moves control off of that NPC, anyone else can take control of that NPC and do whatever they like.

To topic: Mostly I'm playing "holy shit it's the beginning of the semester where did all these students come from and what do they want from me!?" with the occasional brief bout of New Vegas to calm the nerves.
    Last edited by vinraith; 25-08-2012 at 12:57 AM.

It's exactly like Infinity Engine MP, essentially. Whoever is in control of them at the moment is in control of them. When that person moves control off of that NPC, anyone else can take control of that NPC and do whatever they like.
    Something else I wish I'd played MP of, but I hear is a pain to get working. That and you miss being able to pause the action in IE games. NWN2 MP sounds like it could be a lot of fun though.

To topic: Mostly I'm playing "holy shit it's the beginning of the semester where did all these students come from and what do they want from me!?" with the occasional brief bout of New Vegas to calm the nerves.
    Don't remind me. Soon enough I'll be trying to not only write a thesis but having to wait half an hour for a damn coffee because every loud, young, lackadaisical fresher/undergrad wants to grab one before his or her lecture, clogging up the queue by boasting to random members of the opposite sex about how they spent the summer saving the whales or weaving sandals all the while playing an acoustic guitar and discovering themselves.
    Bloody youth of today.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    That patch makes a hell of a lot of difference.
    I'm trying to keep the game as close to stock as possible, so I've selected all the revert to original options and none of the add stuff ones. Before that I installed Powertools and slowed down the game. Hopefully it will run smoother now.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Don't remind me. Soon enough I'll be trying to not only write a thesis but having to wait half an hour for a damn coffee because every loud, young, lackadaisical fresher/undergrad wants to grab one before his or her lecture, clogging up the queue by boasting to random members of the opposite sex about how they spent the summer saving the whales or weaving sandals all the while playing an acoustic guitar and discovering themselves.
    Bloody youth of today.
    Trying to finish a dissertation while teaching full time, here. I don't foresee a lot of gaming in my future...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    how they spent the summer saving the whales or weaving sandals all the while playing an acoustic guitar and discovering themselves.
    That got a good hearty chuckle out of me. I graduated this year, but in the three years I was at that uni, every fresher's week had that same few people you'd meet.

Trying to finish a dissertation while teaching full time, here. I don't foresee a lot of gaming in my future...
    I...do not envy that. I hope it all goes well. At any rate, you can know that whatever you do play afterwards, that rewarding sense of satisfaction will be there in spades. I know I had it the first game after I'd handed mine in (and had caught up on sleep).

To keep this on topic, still playing Darksiders 2. Nearing the end of the first location. I find it hilarious that one of the devs said that you'd probably only find about 3-4 of the 'possessed' (for those unaware, these are weapons you can feed other items in, powering them up with the stats of said items) weapons in the course of the game. I've found around 6 so far. My luck wins out?