Page 411 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511911 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 25153
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    What weapon are you using? On my dex guy I used a Uchigatana. The weapon comes very recommended, it's very fast and scales wonderfuly with dex, and it's dex modifier goes from B to A at +15. Uchigatana +15 with 40 dex and a little magic powder (lightning?) means that shit dies in 1-2 swings.

Good for PvP as well.
    As of now, I'm using a Schimitar. It's a bit shit when it comes to damage (mostly because I haven't upgraded it yet) but goddamn I love the combo moves.

I think I'm gonna pass using the Uchiganata for now, sorry. But I'll think about it. Also, it means that I have to murder the merchant too (not that it's that much of a big deal, late game, anyway). I'll definitely get one as soon as I made another chara because I wanted to roll a two-handed only Samurai-build for ages.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Banned
    I already murdered the merchant. NO UNDEAD ALLOWED. I don't care about the Uchigatana, but I wanted the Residence Key. If I were playing online I'd also want the Orange Soapstone.

So far Dark Souls has been pretty... chillout actually. Wander around here and there, kill some baddies, if you die - it's no big deal right? Finally managed to scavenge Hollow Warrior Waistcloth and I'm no longer disturbed when I look at my character. Protip: If you pick Deprived, keep him hollowed until you find some pants.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Self-interested query: Do you have the elf DLC and is it any good? I like warlock a lot, but I played it a fair bit and would like something new.
    I don't have it. Given my aforementioned inability to play any damn thing to completion expansion DLC rarely seems like a good use of money.

The elf race DLC seems to be of the same standing as the lizard race DLC. The Artifact DLC looks more interesting, because it gives your mage the ability to create artifacts. In my last game of Warlock I had at least two artifacts that none of my present lords could use, so I think being able to create your own will let you kit out your existing lords better.

I played a fair bit of Warlock, and it's still a pretty compelling game when I load it up, but I don't really have a lasting interest in it. The randomness of spell research kills it for me. It makes or breaks most of my long-term strategies, so there's never that amazing feeling of a plan coming together.

I would have loved a campaign mode as well. The simplicity of hex-based terrain gives you the opportunity to create maps where different great mages require different approaches to defeat, or where you have to lay siege to a city bottlenecked by mountains, or where you have to defend an established empire at multiple fronts, you name it.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always preferred a more directed experience in the few strategy games I play. Dungeon Keeper 2 and Age of Empires 2 were the last ones I really enjoyed.
    Last edited by LTK; 26-08-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Derp, RTS /= Strategy

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Ugh.... Now both Kane & Lynch games have given me headaches. That's enough third-person cover shooters for one lifetime. Blessedly, they're both comically short games.

Network Hub
    Just finished Psychonauts for the first time, and I can fairly say it's one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. Too many collectibles for me, but the character and level designs were fantastic. Feel like I finally "get it" about this game. Highly recommended to anyone out there that's been dumber than me for not playing this game through yet.Now if I could just figure out why people love Beyond Good & Evil so much... I DID play that game through when it first came out and it just never clicked as that great.Anyway... on to something more violent... Maybe Binary Domain or Space Marine...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Yeah, finally acquired my copy of Sleeping Dogs, removed the DRM from my installation and started playing. I guess many of you also are playing it, yahoo~~~~~~~~~

A sudden change to sandbox mode after the Night Market missions. I am still working to adapt to it. A smoother transition from linear tutorial missions to sandbox gameplay is desirable.

I see that there are serious attempts to avoid having a button smashing for controlling combat, and it worked great, adapted quite well with mouse+keyboard. But I am greedy. Since this game's combat is mostly about Chinese martial art, they could develop a better input system to even let us simulate martial art while playing, probably involves new input hardware. Looks like Kinect or PS Move have their potential to show off.

Popularity of this game seems like a surprise, but at the same time it is not. Marketing is almost everything for game industry. You dont market a game well and it wont sell regardless of how great it is. Activision let this golden goose being grabbed by Square, but I seriously dont think Activision made a bad business decision. Square is kinda expert in RPG game while Activision is not. Even this game is developed by an independent studio, I felt like playing a typical Square RPG, expect for of course the sandbox gameplay. I dont think this game would be what it is like if Activision was the publisher. To put it simply, this is not the money Activision can make.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just reached the third act of Neverwinter Nights 2. Went all Night's Watch on my keep and decided to pardon any criminal who'll serve under me. My 'friend' in the thieves guild sent spies to check up on me, but I have spies spying on his spies. I sure hope he doesn't have spies spying on my spies spying on his spies though, because I didn't plan for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    How is Sleeping Dogs an RPG? I'm curious not questioning, I haven't played it yet. If it's possible to influence the storyline that would be awesome!

After finishing Binary Domain yesterday, my main issue was that several decisions which could easily be left to the player was taken without my consent. Yes, I'm aware that it's a TPS but since (spoiler?) they let relationships play a part I think that they might as well leave some other, more interesting, things for me to decide.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Just reached the third act of Neverwinter Nights 2. Went all Night's Watch on my keep and decided to pardon any criminal who'll serve under me. My 'friend' in the thieves guild sent spies to check up on me, but I have spies spying on his spies. I sure hope he doesn't have spies spying on my spies spying on his spies though, because I didn't plan for that.
    i loled.

shame i never really got far in NWN2. this post makes me consider buying it (after i beat BG2)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    How is Sleeping Dogs an RPG? I'm curious not questioning, I haven't played it yet. If it's possible to influence the storyline that would be awesome!

After finishing Binary Domain yesterday, my main issue was that several decisions which could easily be left to the player was taken without my consent. Yes, I'm aware that it's a TPS but since (spoiler?) they let relationships play a part I think that they might as well leave some other, more interesting, things for me to decide.
    A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.

Seems about right, but then again nowadays every game can be seen as an RPG.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

There goes another one. Another peasant went insane and killed a baby in his berzerked state and one of my squads was too late to stop him. Oh, well. At least the last one who took over the Craftsdwarf's Workshop (again) manages to make something this time. Hate it when they start doing that shit.

I haven't had any sieges since the establishment of my measly little fortress and the place is starting to get packed with immigrants. Need to expand on the metal industry soon as I have a surplus in my supply of limonite in the fortress. Thinking of making some steel weapons and armour for my squads to equip with and something with the other metals to forge. What's the most expencive kind of furniture again? Or should I just make a statue?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Finally done with Dirt 2. Took a good while to race through all the 100 events.
    Next up I should get around and finish HL2 finally. Just got started on the first car sequence, but kind of not feeling "it". Other than that will playthrough Thirty Flights of Loving today and maybe make a start on Soulcaster 2 as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Like every other MMO player out there it seems, I am playing Guild Wars 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I see that there are serious attempts to avoid having a button smashing for controlling combat, and it worked great, adapted quite well with mouse+keyboard. But I am greedy. Since this game's combat is mostly about Chinese martial art, they could develop a better input system to even let us simulate martial art while playing, probably involves new input hardware. Looks like Kinect or PS Move have their potential to show off.
    Cue a million more Youtube videos of people accidentally smashing their TVs.

I spent the weekend playing Guild Wars 2. Servers went up 12:01 AM EST. The name "Nalano" was secured by me at 12:03 AM. Currently level 34, though my guildmate and longtime buddy Aldem is 38.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Prototype 2.

I call it "Gemini"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'm about 80 hours into Fallout: New Vegas and still having a nice time with it when I can find an hour to play. The trick, I'm finding, is to stay away from Vegas itself and stick to the rest of the map. Plenty of nice Bethesda-style nooks and crannies out there, and of course plenty of much-better-than-Bethesda-style quests in the world as well. For some reason, all that civilization on the strip really puts me off (it stopped me playing the game entirely the first time), but the rest of what's here is pretty great. I just found the BoS, it's nice to see them acting like themselves.

I want to play Psychonauts, Saboteur, DX1, Human Revolution, Vampire:Bloodlines, XCOM, Dark Messiah, Mass Effect, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, SC: Chaos Theory, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Metro 2033, Freespace 2, SOTS, and Mechwarrior

But every time I sit down to play any of these I end up playing Skyrim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    The trick, I'm finding, is to stay away from Vegas itself and stick to the rest of the map.
    In New Vegas I avoided the strip and main quest line for as long as possible. That's pretty much my take on any RPG that allows it. In Fallout 3 after Megaton was thoroughly explored, I heading off into the wilderness in the opposite direction my quest marker was pointing. This resulted in me exploring almost all of the map west of the Potomac and hitting the level cap before ever finding Three Dog, let alone Rivet City. Ultimately, with my feeling of progression essentially stopped, I stopped playing the game. A second hardcore game years later eventually led to me getting to the Dad incident, but soon after that I was killed by one of those damned mutant bears.

I haven't had the desire to get back into Fallout 3 since then.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

darksiders II, loved the first one, loving the second one