Page 412 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512912 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 23338
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I was going to sit down and do some Dark Souls, but sadly still not in the right frame of mind. So instead I'll go start Spec Ops while I wait for my GW2 key.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Finished Sleeping Dogs yesterday which I heartedly recommend, it's not perfect but it's a pretty solid and enjoyable open world game and the combat, especially the environmental attacks are pretty good.

Presently playing Dark souls which is every bit as hard as Coffin Nails as I'd been lead to believe, though extremely satisfying when it goes to plan. I can't say I'm particularly great at it, though I've managed to snaffle some nice armour and a decent sword through following some guides. It's taken a while for the realisation to sink in that the game actively encourages you to grind areas in order to progress, and that it's really about fighting your way through to when your in danger and then heading back with your souls, camping down and rinse repeating until the danger seems a trifle. I probably could of saved myself a lot of lost souls if I'd gotten my head around that aspect much earlier on tbh.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Oh fuck you Grobnar Gnomehands. It was bad enough you led me on a wild chase for imaginary creatures, but now you even manage to screw me by NOT being in my party? How the hell am I supposed to know this little shit has to be around during a visit to Ember's well, when I picked up the other two golem pieces without any such stipulations? I've almost completed Neverwinter Nights 2 twice and I still haven't gotten to use the golem yet.

Even if haven't finished Splinter Cell: Conviction yet, I just started playing Spec Ops: The Line. It's nice, and the story is amazing, so... Yay! I still prefer Binary Domain as a TPS, but, well... It's something. The cover system is quite annoying, though, and I haven't had any troubles with difficulty ("suicidal mission") until the 6th chapter, where I'm stuck right now. I've decided I'll try again tomorrow. Also, I should be able to target enemies for my squad members, shouldn't I? I could only target the one from the tutorial, don't know why...

BTW, I've also been playing a bit of The Settlers 7, and, even if I probably suck at it, I absolutely love it. Even if the DRM has already given me trouble twice. >.<

EDIT: Well, just finished Conviction. If you don't look at it as a Splinter Cell game, it's pretty nice. A bit too easy, maybe.
    Last edited by AlexClockwork; 28-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Also, I should be able to target enemies for my squad members, shouldn't I? I could only target the one from the tutorial, don't know why...
    There was somthing funny about the squad targetting, I think it was only available/worked if you were taking enough fire for the game to register you as "being supressed", otherwise you couldn't give the squad orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    There was somthing funny about the squad targetting, I think it was only available/worked if you were taking enough fire for the game to register you as "being supressed", otherwise you couldn't give the squad orders.
    But it is weird... Right at the beginning of the 2nd chapter the game tells (or sugests) me to target one of the first two enemies appearing, even before they discover me. Of course, I can't. Thanks for the help, anyway. ^^

And, BTW... Even if it has some problems, I like the game, so far.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Been playing Gothic 2. I really like it a lot. It's quest design is a bit....fussy (for example, you kind of have to do things in a very specific order or you break the game, even though it's open world), but otherwise I think it's combat is much improved over Gothic 1.

Been having a strange hankering to dig out my KOTOR1 discs and replay the KOTOR series now that KOTOR 2 is finished. I might do that next (or if I get distracted during Gothic).

I'd quite like to hear peoples thoughts on Spec-Ops: The Line when they've completed it. It didn't seem to have much appeal around these parts, so I haven't really had a chance to have a decent discussion about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Even if haven't finished Splinter Cell: Conviction yet, I just started playing Spec Ops: The Line. It's nice, and the story is amazing, so... Yay! I still prefer Binary Domain as a TPS, but, well... It's something. The cover system is quite annoying, though, and I haven't had any troubles with difficulty ("suicidal mission") until the 6th chapter, where I'm stuck right now. I've decided I'll try again tomorrow. Also, I should be able to target enemies for my squad members, shouldn't I? I could only target the one from the tutorial, don't know why...

BTW, I've also been playing a bit of The Settlers 7, and, even if I probably suck at it, I absolutely love it. Even if the DRM has already given me trouble twice. >.<

EDIT: Well, just finished Conviction. If you don't look at it as a Splinter Cell game, it's pretty nice. A bit too easy, maybe.
    Yeah Splintercell fanboys were pretty mad about it, I loved it and can't wait for black list.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

It was nice. It'll make people boo and hiss by making them unable to go ghosting around levels but I kinda like playing predator. Makes me feel badass and I like that. The Deniable-Ops mode is better, tho.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Yeah Splintercell fanboys were pretty mad about it, I loved it and can't wait for black list.
    I never really seen any trailers of Blacklist but I'm assuming it's like Conviction.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I never really seen any trailers of Blacklist but I'm assuming it's like Conviction.

Even worse. (Yes, such a thing turns out to be possible.)

I am connected to GW2... Can't really say playing because I am having a character crisis...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I tried to play some company of heroes.

since im connected to the net it forces me to sign up for their crap. i won't do that. there is workaround but really killed my interest in playing this game.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I've almost completed Neverwinter Nights 2 twice and I still haven't gotten to use the golem yet.
    Assembling the Golem and finding Guyven of the Road are the two most annoying sidequests in NwN 2. Ususually the game is pretty good about at least hinting at obscure secrets, but in these two cases you either need to be lucky or use a guide. It's a shame, because both quests are interesting and have neat payoffs.

I recently replayed Bioshock 2 to see if it holds up as well as I remember. I can safely state it does. There are a few things about the game that bother me, but I'm willing to forgive it for them because the last third is just so incredibly fun to play. One of the best FPS titles in recent years and superior to its predecessor in every way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Assembling the Golem and finding Guyven of the Road are the two most annoying sidequests in NwN 2. Ususually the game is pretty good about at least hinting at obscure secrets, but in these two cases you either need to be lucky or use a guide. It's a shame, because both quests are interesting and have neat payoffs.
    Have no problem finding Guyven because my fingers are glued to the tab key which I use to highlight all objects and persons of interest.

I didn't use it during my first game and missed several ore veins. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Playing Pokemon Emerald on my Nokia N95 and its quite enjoying stuff,only annoying thing is that i don't have "quest data" or something,to tell me where should i go because i just got task to go to some town but i forgot which one..argh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Having a good bit of fun with Dungeon Siege III. Nice to see that Obsidian can put together a decent engine and a nice gameplay system. Haven't had a single crash or bug or fps-drop yet and, while the M+KB controls are a clusterfuck, it feels nice to play with a gamepad.

There are some issues, such as the lack of feedback in combat or the fact that I never feel like my item choice matters much - my playstyle with Katarina remains unchanged no matter if I employ items which give more Will or more Agility or more Attack etc. But ultimately I look forward to replaying this with all the characters.

I know people are angry it wasn't like DS1 but honestly, much as I enjoyed that game, DS1 (and Aranna) pretty much covers that kind of gameplay and provides many, many hours of it. Something new is appreciated, especially as I bounced right off DS2 (and only got about 2/3 through Aranna before getting tired).

Just got a key for Firefall and started playing it. I love it so far, I had never played a MMOFPS before, and I must admit it's quite outstanding, specially being just a beta... ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I recently replayed Bioshock 2 to see if it holds up as well as I remember. I can safely state it does. There are a few things about the game that bother me, but I'm willing to forgive it for them because the last third is just so incredibly fun to play. One of the best FPS titles in recent years and superior to its predecessor in every way.
    Quite right. I've been replaying it too. Wish the weapons had ANY oomph to them - if they did it would be just about perfect for me.