Page 416 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516916 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,320 of 23799
    Then you should play OoT through the Water Temple
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I can't see where is the appeal in zelda series,its like they're all aimed at 10 old children :S
    The best moments of Zelda capture the feeling of adventure and exploration in a way that children are more likely to like because us grown-ups are probably more jaded with the world. That's how I've looked at it recently. Also, being on a horse and riding around a giant field slicing with your sword or firing your bow is pretty cool. The games'are typically packed with secrets too; fire an arrow into the morning sun and you're rewarded with fire arrows. It's this open-endedness that games often aspire to but tend to fail on. It's why you get so few games in the vain of Zelda, as most attempts are either by Nintendo and are at least good, or are by others and tend to suck (this is true 90% of the time. See Skyward Sword and Darksiders for your mileage may vary).

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Then you should play OoT through the Water Temple
    Played through it recently with a friend who'd never played a Zelda game. Perhaps memory kicked in, but it wasn't as hard as I remember it initially being. It took a long time, but not as long as the Forest Temple, which may be my favourite temple, overall, in OoT.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Never played 3d ones,i only played old ones and now i'm playing GBA version of zelda:minish cap,i mean its solid game,kinda to easy :D

Play A Link To The Past if you have the chance to do so. It was my first Zelda title and it's absolutely fantastic. Absolutely still holds up today, both in terms of gameplay and presentation. The music will ingrain in your memory; if the Dark World theme doesn't haunt you till the day you die, in all the best ways, I'd suggest there's something wrong with you. Or you just don't like it.

Well there are always ways to play the older games. Is the story mature,and i don't mean sex and blooood :D

Edit. Gonna try it out on my nokia n95,brb :x
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 01-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.

I can't condone the use of an emulator and a rom, nor do I recommend it if you wanted to try it.

It's mature in the way that any Zelda game is mature; something happens regarding Zelda, you - the hero Link - must do what it takes in reaction to her and defeat the big bad. It's a simple plot, but it shines on its gameplay.

Can you block attack with shields,can't seem to find out if the shield is usable lol

In ALttP? Your shield will be automatically used so long as you're not doing anything else and pointing in the right direction. Its hit-box is particular to your hand though; if you get shot in the front where your shield isn't covering you, you will get hit. If you dash towards, you'll still get hit. If you're referring to Minish Cap, no idea how, but I'm sure it's there.

In minish cap you press A and link puts shield in use,i'll try using shiled in AlttP,thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    If you have a GBA, you should get the LttP port on there.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If you have a GBA, you should get the LttP port on there.

Its ok,i'm playing on my nokia n95,it runs same as on gba,maybe even little better lol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Played Slender.

Oh hey a page, * nervous wrecking music kicks in* Man, this music is--oh my vision's getting static OH GOD THERE HE IS. * spastic 180 degree turn and run like hell*

Alt +F4. I'm not made for these kind of games. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I have no idea how the heck anyone plays a melee in Demon's Souls. Soul Arrow is just too good/cheesy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    New Vegas DLC's marathon with Jsawyer's mod, mostly spoilerless

Honest Hearts

Best part of this DLC was reading journal of the long dead survivalist guy, felt like a real short story, too bad it's scattered all over the place( Wikia to the rescue). Everything else was boring, I expected some sort of twist to it all but nothing really happened. I went into Honest Hearts with only basic equipment and turned on Hardcore for some reason. Waste of time. Hardcore in FNV is just a tedious minigame for people with too much time on their hands, mad completionists or achievement hunters. This DLC also added weapons absolutely useless outside and inside of it. Balance of savagery and old-world high-tech I like about Fallout here is broken as savagery is everywhere and high-tech is... Tommy guns. Meh.

Note about Ulysses: yeah, he is mentioned and the meta story seems interesting so far.

Dead Money

I have a lot of respect for Obsidian concept artists. They sure worked hard and thanks to them Sierra Madre is an interesting and sometimes beautiful location with a good balance of pre-world technologies, ruined landscapes and barbaric reality. But it looks worse than Call of Duty 2 and combat is terrible, though not as bad as first time I played it( 20 in Energy Weapons, 30 in Repair, haha) since Holorifle is so damn powerful and this time I had 90 in Energy weapons. Story and dialogues are ok, though voiceacting is incredibly lifeless most of the time( excluding some dialogues with Domino and Elijah), also I'm not sure I liked how Obsidian handled Elijah's motivation for like "everything". What, all that to kill _everyone_ and what for? Because he is old, bitter and desperate? That makes sense but is just too boring.

Note about Ulysses: yeah, he is mentioned and there are logs meta story seems interesting so far.

Old World Blues

Here is where my patience ran out. Lobotomytes killed me, scorpions killed me, range didn't matter, they just outshoot me with hunting rifles. Jokes are not funny. Are those even jokes? Was that all supposed to be a parody? I don't know. X-08 facility test is probably worst level ever and I had to complete it FOUR times. Also, balance of pre-war stuff and contemporary reality here is obviously all about pre-war. Makes sense, still feels kind of wrong.

Note about Ulysses: ok, I'm interested, time for some closure.

Lonesome Road

After so much foreshadowing it all came down to... what? A simple story with lots and lots of unnecessary dialogue and meaningless foreshadowing. Please, Obsidian, this isn't KOTOR2, my char doesn't have a dark and troubled past, ok? Or if he does, tell me. No one ever mentioned amnesia, right? Basing whole plot on something that happened only in designer's head without even informing the player. Huh. And Ulysses voice actor really overdoing it( THE DEVAAAAYYYYYDE............LONG PAUSE.............MEANINGLESS RANT). Meta story is... I don't even want to go there. Unsatisfiying at best. It's just so damn empty. Sure, it's probably better on paper, I'll I read it on wikia, but still ingame it all felt really stupid especially with over-the-top voiceacting by Ulysses's actor.

I get it, I get it, after all he stops being cryptic at some point. What I don't get is why should I care. There was even a choice to say something along the lines.

fuck you, Ulysses, I hated you in every piece of fiction from Greek mythos to Dan Simmons's Illium

I wish this DLC wasn't availible in Russia.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 02-09-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I have no idea how the heck anyone plays a melee in Demon's Souls. Soul Arrow is just too good/cheesy.
    For "FUN"!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Planetside 2, and sometimes a bit of Guild Wars 2.

Finish the journey down a couple of days ago and quite liked it. It's a very small point and click game - 2 Hrs with only a handful of locations, but with tons of characters, great music and good writing.

Yesterday I finally got the courage to enter the Zone and play STALKER: Call of Pripyat. Finally an FPS where no one is telling you what to do and where to go and an open world game where you go anywhere from the start, but will probably get killed if you'll go there unprepared...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I played a marathon of Orcs Must Die 2. I've intentionally avoided replaying levels so budgeting my skulls has been a constant conflict. People might say it's like an expansion but you don't get expansions up to this standard anymore.

Coop play, plenty of new traps, weapons, play modes, more enemy types, MOAR MOAR MOAR.
    It's fun too, so that's a plus.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I played a marathon of Orcs Must Die 2. I've intentionally avoided replaying levels so budgeting my skulls has been a constant conflict. People might say it's like an expansion but you don't get expansions up to this standard anymore.

Coop play, plenty of new traps, weapons, play modes, more enemy types, MOAR MOAR MOAR.
    It's fun too, so that's a plus.
    I just finished the last level a day or two ago - also not replaying levels so as to skull budget. How did you find it? I lost many times right on the last wave before I cracked it.

Kindom of Amular:The Reckoning
    the Witcher 2
    Ghost Recon: Future soldier
    Assassins creed!!! all of them!