Page 42 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452921425421042 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_firelord View Post
    and Rockstar usually handles sex decently.
    Wait. <i>What?</i>

But yeah, of GTA4, LatD and BoGT, I liked BoGT the best, and mostly because these people had lives outside of shooting cops. (Plus, the protagonist lived in Northwood, the fictionalization of my neighborhood).
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Wait. <i>What?</i>

But yeah, of GTA4, LatD and BoGT, I liked BoGT the best, and mostly because these people had lives outside of shooting cops. (Plus, the protagonist lived in Northwood, the fictionalization of my neighborhood).
    Forgive me. Forgot to qualify. Decently by video game standards.

Yes, that's it. Despite being able to relate to them or not, liking them or not, they felt like people, much more so than in any other GTA game to date.
    Is "Luis_Magalh„es" on the RPS comment threads.
    My games-related blog: http://gamingmarmite.blogspot.com/
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    I don't think it's Complete.
    Fair enough. I picked up the SVD, but left it in a stash once I cleared the laboratory because the G36 works pretty well enough at range.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Are you talking about the story, or just in general?

You're about 2/3 of the way through the game, if that helps; if you are where I think you are.
    The story. I get that context and it's well done at that, but when playing a game with a story, I do at least like to try and understand what the hell that story is. Perhaps it speaks of the game that I'm still playing it, or perhaps I'm so invested it would make little difference. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it though.

I also had a look on GameFAQs because I wanted to check something regarding what I thought was a bug. The game really seems to pick up pace when you get a good gun early on. That sounds stupid, but once I got a gun that both 1) Hit people fairly accurately and 2) Did meaningful amounts of damage, I proceeded to march through fairly quickly, my biggest slow-downs being forgetting to auto-save and losing maybe 20-30 minutes of progress. Anyhow, I feel like I'm drawing close to the end of the game, if only due to Map Spoilers, whereby I'm progressively getting closer and closer to the top. Entered an interesting section whereby I was raiding Pripyat with some fellow STALKERs, but it seemed to bug up so I abandoned the session, for now.

That's not saying much!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    But at least it got me to enjoy riding a bike in GTA4, something the main game could never do.
    That's because bikes handle better in TLaD ;)

That's like saying they won a gold medal in the Special Olympics.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    That's like saying they won a gold medal in the Special Olympics.
    Are you saying it's not an achievement?! Well, if that's the case, then I'd like your face to meet my wheelchair, good sir!

I hope the high rent for it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Okay, I thought that was just my imagination that bikes handled better in the biker game :).

Quote Originally Posted by Doesn'tmeananything View Post
    Are you saying it's not an achievement?! Well, if that's the case, then I'd like your face to meet my wheelchair, good sir!
    "Hold still so I can run over you!"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Deus Ex.

It's like coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Indeed. I wonder if the TLaD handling model is patched back into the main GTA4 campaign. That would be neat.
    Make fun of me for all the games I own and haven't finished: http://backloggery.com/ash_firelord
    Feel free to add me on twitter if you want to know my semi-regular opinions on game stuff: @luis_maga

Indeed. I wonder if the TLaD handling model is patched back into the main GTA4 campaign. That would be neat.
    It's not, or at least not as far as I can tell. Even after installing TLaD, Nico can't handle a bike at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Saw this article the other day (can't remember where) about how GTA4 can be improved (depending on your mindset) by disabling the interface, ie. removing the minimap.
    Then the game becomes more immersive by necessity: you need to memorise landmarks and streets unless you're ok with constantly Escape-ing out to the map, the talking GPS devices in the higher-end cars become useful as anything, firefights get a lot more tense as it's hard to know where enemies are and if they're dead.

There are of course a few times you'd have to turn it back on such as when you need to find a package or quest item or during some of the annoying chase missions. But it is something to consider if you have been finding the game lacking in certain ways.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Saw this article the other day (can't remember where) about how GTA4 can be improved (depending on your mindset) by disabling the interface, ie. removing the minimap.
    Then the game becomes more immersive by necessity: you need to memorise landmarks and streets unless you're ok with constantly Escape-ing out to the map, the talking GPS devices in the higher-end cars become useful as anything, firefights get a lot more tense as it's hard to know where enemies are and if they're dead.

There are of course a few times you'd have to turn it back on such as when you need to find a package or quest item or during some of the annoying chase missions. But it is something to consider if you have been finding the game lacking in certain ways.
    Yeah I read that too (on Kotaku.) I wanted to try it, but then I remembered the hell that was trying to run GTAIV on my comp.

Activated Node
    I'm running around on the unofficial RPS Minecraft server. Just uploaded an album of screenshots, actually.

Somehow the Risen team managed to make an even worse combat system than Gothic 3. I keep getting my arse handed to me and I feel it is due to the controls. I keep spinning around wildly slashing at air and the enemy seems to teleport wildly around the place.

*sigh*

Started Assassin's Creed the other day. It's quite a bit of fun. How important is collecting all the stuff?
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Started Assassin's Creed the other day. It's quite a bit of fun. How important is collecting all the stuff?
    0% important, ass creed 2 has mandatory collection of codex pages, and maybe assassins seals, but I hungrily hunted them down so its hard.to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Don't marathon it or you're likely to get bored. Not a lot of variety so it's best played a couple of hours / missions per day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Yes, one assassination per play session tops. Then go away from it for a day.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Replaying Mass Effect 2 and for the life of me I can't figure out whether to play as Sentinel or Infiltrator.

Also, going to try out Necrovision now.