Page 423 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 25157
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Completed Deus Ex, and just started Invisible War. Also played a bit of I Am Alive, which so far is very interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Also played a bit of I Am Alive, which so far is very interesting.
    I'd love to hear opinions on this that don't make excuses for it because its "a downloadable game". God damn console reviewers.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just started playing free 2D stealth game made by famous Yahtzee,its only 2mb.

Trilby The Art Of Theft

http://www.freegamesblog.org/trilby-the-art-of-theft/

I'm playing Game of Thrones RPG.
    The voice acting is terrible and I can't believe how boring Alester is (as a character). It's still a great game though.

Obscure Node
    A little guild wars 2. Im really struggling with my PC and this game. :( It would seem anything over 20fps for my PC is hard at best but ive played in worse and ive got nothing against a low frame-rate fight. ^_^ (Worst time i ever had. I had a PC that ran WoW classic back when it first came out, for 15 minutes exactly before it crashed. I honestly leveled my early paladin (aka, worthless), from level 54 to 60 in a undead graveyard, in 15 minute bursts, over 2 months. I am dedicated and nothing shall shake me *fist in air*)

Other then that, im slowly playing Iron Brigade with my gaming group and replaying borderlands for the fun. :)

Network Hub
    Finally finished off Space Marine. Yes, you are all correct. It never got any better.

Now I can focus on Dragon Age II (which I'm enjoying so far) and Legend of Grimrock.

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Finally finished off Space Marine. Yes, you are all correct. It never got any better.
    Warhammer 40,000: Warboss would be the best game ever however. All melee combat would be automated(just like real orks) your controls would influence what the Warboss shouts. (Waaaarg having its own button obviously).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Warhammer 40,000: Warboss would be the best game ever however. All melee combat would be automated(just like real orks) your controls would influence what the Warboss shouts. (Waaaarg having its own button obviously).
    Interesting idea, although I don't think this setting would work in a strategy game....no, wait...

My biggest disappointment with the game is that you never felt all that powerful. As an Ultramarine, I should be an unbelievable badass, but it was too easy for the lowliest infantrymen to knock out huge chunks of my shields and health. I shouldn't have to wait behind a corner waiting for my shield to recharge. That's just weak.

That being said, they nailed it when you have the jump jets. I did feel super-powerful then and those sections rocked, but they were too few and far between.

Another thing I hated was the mechanic where you could only gain health by performing executions (or by expending your Rage meter). The animations took so long that if my health was below 35% at the start of one, it was entirely possible I would get killed before the execution completed. That just reinforced that I had to play many sections very carefully, which (again) does not say "Ultramarine" to me.

Oh well. I do think they have he strong enough foundation here to do a sequel. Here's hoping the sales will allow it. Being THQ, probably not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    So after a month break i came back to BG2.

Met a Nalia in a bar and she joined me but asked to help her with her family problems. wonder whether i should embark straight away (i barely got to slums. managed to slaughter slavers only) or should i do the quest much later.

I'd love to hear opinions on this that don't make excuses for it because its "a downloadable game". God damn console reviewers.
    It was no good, even for a downloadable game on consoles. Glitchy, poorly told story, and nothing in it was fun to do. Hopefully they at least fixed the bugs for the PC release.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I remember my BG2 correctly that's a fairly decent early quest, which has some decent experience and kit to get you off to a solid start. If you're a fighter (or a kit thereof) it's also your stronghold quest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sure. I've only played around an hour so far, but here are some thoughts.

I like the atmosphere a lot. There's a visual conceit established right at the beginning that you're viewing through an old camcorder, so the visuals are sepia-toned and dusted with film grain. The distance fades nicely. Everything feels dirty, ruined, and abandoned. Survivors warn you off from dingy corners.

The core of the game is built around basic platforming that's complicated by resource management. What that means is: As you climb, you continually lose stamina. If your entire bar depletes, you can put in a last-ditch effort to find somewhere to rest, but this will eat away (quite quickly) at how much stamina you can have. You'll find resources (water, food, soda, etc.) that can restore your stamina or your stamina bar. You'll also find some rare pitons that allow you to rest while climbing--very useful.

Combat is interesting. You have a machete and a gun. The gun often isn't loaded--but your enemies don't have to know that. Typically you'll trick an opponent to getting close to you, gut him with the machete, and intimidate the others with your gun. It's tense.

The levels are 90% linear, with a few branches or loops. Resources are just kind of lying there, slightly lit. Sometimes you'll check out a branch and find a water bottle, or whatever, and sometimes nothing.

That's it so far. I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    If I remember my BG2 correctly that's a fairly decent early quest, which has some decent experience and kit to get you off to a solid start. If you're a fighter (or a kit thereof) it's also your stronghold quest.
    nah. im a mage.

so my team consists of:
    Me: mage
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Nalia
    Aeirie
    Yoshimo

I don't think my group is balanced. might kick out Aeirie and get Anomen... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Interesting idea, although I don't think this setting would work in a strategy game....no, wait...
    It wouldnt be a strategy game, it would be a social simulator. Essentially the Sims: Orks but with all the important aspects of being an ork modeled. Including bishing people for their teeth.

Got a beta key for PS2 from IGN, yay! Gonna read some LOTR while it installs, then throw myself into the game. XD

Network Hub
    Saints Row: The Third and loving it for the same reasons I spent almost a hundred hours on Just Cause 2. And the thing that bothered me there also bothers me now, and that's the endless escalation. Whenever I run into/shoot a competing gang member another car is coming with 3 more, and another, and a helicopter, and two more and so on. But still, great great game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    nah. im a mage.

so my team consists of:
    Me: mage
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Nalia
    Aeirie
    Yoshimo

I don't think my group is balanced. might kick out Aeirie and get Anomen... any suggestions?
    The de'Arnise keep is a good quest especially for early on. I usually head there after finishing the Copper Coronet quest, and it's certainly the best outside-Athkatla place to be going first (Windspear will fuck you up at low level, FYI).

Nalia though is a bit of a useless NPC. Her thief levels are useless and she could do with better INT. Still I feel she can work out as a decent choice and I took her in my party last time*.
    Aerie is useful in some ways but having your mage also be your cleric can often be a pain. Also the 16 INT and WIS really is a bit on the shit side.
    If you're looking for a mage Edwin is still the best in the game, but has the whole evil thing which can be a problem.
    Same with Viconia who is the best cleric.
    Anomen could be a good choice though as you may be in need of another person to hold the line. So maybe replace Aerie with him and then think about if you want 2 mages in your party instead of just you.

*Okay, I used a savegame editor to rearrange her stats and make her an Inquisitor Paladin but it still counts

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The de'Arnise keep is a good quest especially for early on. I usually head there after finishing the Copper Coronet quest, and it's certainly the best outside-Athkatla place to be going first (Windspear will fuck you up at low level, FYI).

Nalia though is a bit of a useless NPC. Her thief levels are useless and she could do with better INT. Still I feel she can work out as a decent choice and I took her in my party last time*.
    Aerie is useful in some ways but having your mage also be your cleric can often be a pain. Also the 16 INT and WIS really is a bit on the shit side.
    If you're looking for a mage Edwin is still the best in the game, but has the whole evil thing which can be a problem.
    Same with Viconia who is the best cleric.
    Anomen could be a good choice though as you may be in need of another person to hold the line. So maybe replace Aerie with him and then think about if you want 2 mages in your party instead of just you.
    ... well. im strictly playing as goody good char. so no room for bad guys. i don't want to keep nalia but i think i should do the quest with her. or she is completely not needed?
    i think i kick out aeira for amonen and then kick out nalia when i get that paladin guy who apparently is very awesome.
    *Okay, I used a savegame editor to rearrange her stats and make her an Inquisitor Paladin but it still counts

doesn't count :)

So... Already playing Planetside 2. Nice, but I hate those custom air vehicle controls. Was trying to rebind them when I was suddenly thrown out. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    ... well. im strictly playing as goody good char. so no room for bad guys. i don't want to keep nalia but i think i should do the quest with her. or she is completely not needed?
    i think i kick out aeira for amonen and then kick out nalia when i get that paladin guy who apparently is very awesome.
    Fair enough. You can kick Nalia out and do the Keep quest without her. No quest in BG2 requires a specific companion except for their own personal questline - each character has one but many work on awfully implemented time frames spread over many days in-game* so there's no point trying to do those for NPCs you don't plan to keep in your party.

If you want to get the paladin (Keldorn) just head down to the sewers under the Temple district and find him in the West of the area. He wants you to do the Cult of the Eyeless quest but I think you can put that off if you like (fun quest though, and not too hard).

doesn't count :)
    You should have seen the rest of my party. Minsc the Monk kicked all sorts of ass later on.

*Jaheiras one is known for being terrible and last playthrough I had to use console commands to trigger certain events as resting for weeks did nothing. I actually have a feeling it might be properly broken in-game.