Page 424 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524924 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 24225
    Get rid of Aerie the first chance you get, shes a very useless character. Replace her instead with Viconia, I believe you can find her about to be executed for being a witch in the Royal District. It doesn't even matter if you've rolled a good character, as I had a Lawful Good character and I even romanced Viconia.

I think theirs even a point in the game where you can get her to switch allegiance but that might be in the Throne of Bhall expansion. You need to be in a relationship with her anyways. (ahh how I miss old Bioware where romancing characters actually changed things as opposed to what we get now where its a excuse for an awkward cut scene for nerds to get off on.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Some more They Bleed Pixels, Completed Chapter two with all pages and monster defeated and went back to chapter 1 do to the same, I'm getting the hang of it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Get rid of Aerie the first chance you get, shes a very useless character. Replace her instead with Viconia, I believe you can find her about to be executed for being a witch in the Royal District. It doesn't even matter if you've rolled a good character, as I had a Lawful Good character and I even romanced Viconia.

I think theirs even a point in the game where you can get her to switch allegiance but that might be in the Throne of Bhall expansion. You need to be in a relationship with her anyways. (ahh how I miss old Bioware where romancing characters actually changed things as opposed to what we get now where its a excuse for an awkward cut scene for nerds to get off on.)
    Romancing Viconia is pretty damn hard to do though. Easier just to use that Tweak/Fixpack/Whatever option that makes party members complain but never leave when Reputation is too high .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Just completed Bastion. I regret my final decision already.

Time to spin the wheel on what game I play next!

Finished all three episodes of Doom using the BrutalDoom mod. Played it on "hurt me plenty" without quicksaving. Only died in the second and third episode a few times. I think it was my first complete run through the game in 15 years or longer. Most of the levels I could remember, but some parts I completely forgot. I enjoyed my time with the cacodemons and I plan to play Doom 2 soon, but first I got to finish my master thesis!! ;o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aerie is hardly useless. She can cast almost any spell in the game, and being both cleric and mage means she has tons prepared at once. She's a remarkably versatile tool box of a character. The trick is, as was hinted at earlier, is she can still only cast one per round, which can be tricky when you need both at once. Less of a problem if your main is either a mage or a cleric, as she can fill in or double up as needed.

Dark Souls, just got out of the Undead Asylum.
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Just completed Bastion. I regret my final decision already.

Time to spin the wheel on what game I play next!
    May I suggest Bastion? It's not a long game, and if you regret your decisions it may be worth exploring the other outcomes.

EDIT: On another note, Alan Wake really has the worst achievement names in gaming history: "Survive an Arcade level using nothing but the flashlight and handheld flares. - You survived an Arcade level using nothing but the flashlight and handheld flares."
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 08-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You mean the best achievement names.

I'm so tired of movie quotes and memes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    You mean the best achievement names.

I'm so tired of movie quotes and memes.
    The Walking Dead had " You fight like a dairy farmer" which had me giggling.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    The Walking Dead had " You fight like a dairy farmer" which had me giggling.
    They should have a follow-up achievement called "How appropriate! You fight like a zombie cow!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Trine 2 is stunning in 3D, but I don't like 2D platformers and the combat is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post

EDIT: On another note, Alan Wake really has the worst achievement names in gaming history: "Survive an Arcade level using nothing but the flashlight and handheld flares. - You survived an Arcade level using nothing but the flashlight and handheld flares."
    I think that's brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Trine 2 combat is badass as long as you play as wizard exclusively. Planking and stamping on enemies is pro-skills.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Been playing one of my older and neglected World of Warcraft characters, bringing him up through the previous expansion's content. In doing so it becomes quite obvious how little interaction is still required in this "MMO". No quests require a group effort, all dungeons are instanced and you're automatically grouped with people form other servers who you will never see again. At least the gameplay is still good fun when done in moderation.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Played more of S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of pripyat over the weekend and am very pleased with it. Bought last year on a sale (don't even remember where and almost forgot about it's existance in my Steam library).

Also played a lot of Alan Wake:AN arcade mode. It's basically the same fighting as in the game (Use flashlight, shoot, kill, repeat) but much more fun and intense.

After reading the BG2 discussion I thing the first thing I do when I come back home is download it from my GOG account.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Can someone help me remembering the name of that little program for gamepads on pc,basically you can set up any gamepad to work in any game :c

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Joy 2 key, or alternatively xpadder but only the 'pay for' version is supported. Free old xpadder can still be found on file hosting sites.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just beat the cathedral in binding of isaac! Feels good. Now I just have a thousand other things to do in that game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Joy 2 key, or alternatively xpadder but only the 'pay for' version is supported. Free old xpadder can still be found on file hosting sites.

Thanks,it was xpadder i was searching for. I just set up xbox360 controller for MGS1,gonna hit that baby up some time later :D

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I'm playing Inquisitor. The game so far is giving me a positive impression.