Page 429 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 24102
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh come on, almost all of the highly-rated NWN modules would be laughed at utterly if they were released by professionals. I tried most of the highly rated ones and I think I played about 4 hours of reasonable fun. Of course all of them were hampered because the ruleset is based on having a party and in the game you don't have a party. The poor modders weren't helped by the fact that the toolset made it incredibly difficult to do simple things, and that the tiles were about a million miles long so every area looked utterly horrific.

I suppose multiplayer was better, but if your multiplayer is better than your single player that's a good sign that your game is rubbish, because multiplayer requires interacting with other people, all of whom I hate. And anyway, not many people will play any more I imagine, so right now the statement that it's rubbish still stands.
    Last edited by NathanH; 14-09-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    if your multiplayer is better than your single player that's a good sign that your game is rubbish, because multiplayer requires interacting with other people, all of whom I hate.
    Hard to argue with when you say it like that.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Everyone else hates everyone else as well~\cite{this:forum}.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Everyone else hates everyone else as well~\cite{this:forum}.
    Eh... Hate... Strong word, don't really hate much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm just drunk and playing around. I just don't like interacting with strangers in video games, it makes me very uncomfortable and awkward and I can't enjoy the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just played up until We've got hostiles in Black Mesa. It's pretty much half-life, but good-looking. I'm not complaining.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Who said anything about strangers?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That requires friends, and unsurprisingly everyone hates me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I've kept quiet about it on here, mostly, but I've just finished Darksiders 2. It's a bit odd, really. Most of the components are far better executed than the first, but when put together, something about 1 still rings better. Not by much, but I think it's that DS1 is far more consistent in quality. DS2's biggest problem, by far, is its narrative and plot. It's made very clear early on what you must do, but it's dragged out in the name of exploration and dungeon crawling. That part is fine, wonderful even and yet there's this feeling you get quite often where you want to go up to one of the wheeled-out-NPCs who's stopping you on your path and go "Okay, I've had it. Please tell me why I shouldn't just rip you apart? Right here, right now. What's stopping me?" This is compounded by the fact you know, to an extent, how it will end due to its timing with DS1. The problem is that not much is really added to it and at that, what is is done confusingly so. I could get into spoiler territory, but I won't.

So, the combat is excellent and feels very Devil May Cry-y at times, which is certainly no bad thing. Do enough side quests or side-dungeon-crawling and you can be handsomely rewarded in having power far-stripping that of your standard foe. The puzzles are at the right level of difficulty, being clearly sign-posted without immediately giving away the answer as well as having some neat hidden items/collectibles (of which the game does have a few too many though, especially without any sort of detection help) that require at times bi-lateral thinking and tricky movement/shots that certainly reward the risk. The bosses are for the most part well done, with the penultimate one being executed really well, which made the final boss a bit of a shame considering it comes immediately after and is simply not as good. The aesthetic is wonderful, the music particularly so. The pacing does go a bit wandering, with the first act being stellar, the second starting off well but slowing down a bit, the third taking a right nose dive (you'll know it when you play it) before picking back up again with a couple of largeish dungeons that are really well designed.

At the end of the day, it's still really well done and I look forward to, at some point, completing it once more (and then again on the 1 Death Delete File mode). Not to mention the arena side-quest thing is definitely good for a quick drop-in-and-out I'm sure. I suppose in conclusion, I'm glad my hope in that this being better than Skyward Sword was definitely met, but I am disappointed that conclusion of this story couldn't equal or significantly add to that of the blazing finale of 1.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 15-09-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Now that I finally finished Dragon Age 2, I'm ready for something else before playing back through it again with a different character class and different decisions. Maybe by then I'll be ready for DLC too.

Still plodding through Legend of Grimrock. I'm always astounded by the simple but gorgeous visuals of this game. I doubt I've ever simply stared at a brick wall so long before.

Installing Half Life 2 again so that I can check out Black Mesa and maybe some other mods over on ModDB or Desura.

Of course, everything I'm playing now is just holding my breath for Borderlands 2...

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    The main twist is at the end of AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations elaborate on it, but really doesn't move the story forward much. I'd recommend Brotherhood anyway though, since it adds some really cool features (most notably the sidekick system). Revelations is mostly a repeat with added feature bloat - and makes the combat worse - so it can be skipped if you are not totally in love with Brotherhood. If you do, you can always watch the cutscenes on youtube. The "future" storyline is completely chronological through all the games, so AC3 will most likely continue on from exactly where Revelations left off.
    Brotherhood is the best in the trilogy (my opinion. of course) and if you enjoy AssCreed you should give it a go.
    Revelations is good but is actually the same as brotherhood (one open city) but with different setting, story and a couple of more useless features. It's also much shorter (which is good).

By the way.
    I have a couple of multiplayer DLCs serial codes if anyone is interested.
    Is it OK to just post them here for someone to grab?

I don't want to break any forum laws and anger our RPS overlords.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Unbelievable... Just Add Water shit out that "HD" patch for Stranger's Wrath without bothering to fix the abhorrent performance issues present in the game. In fact, they simply compounded the issue. Before, the game's framerate came crashing to a crawl whenever I moved around or jumped... Now I can't even make it past the opening menu. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post

It's certainly allowed, you might try the generosity thread maybe? Or here.

Brotherhood is the best in the trilogy (my opinion. of course) and if you enjoy AssCreed you should give it a go.
    Revelations is good but is actually the same as brotherhood (one open city) but with different setting, story and a couple of more useless features. It's also much shorter (which is good).

By the way.

Here we go:

Ancestors DLC: HER-8LCJ-VNUQ-BCHB-HMVJ

Mediterranean traveler maps: (taken)
    Last edited by Avish; 15-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Here we go:

Ancestors DLC: HER-8LCJ-VNUQ-BCHB-HMVJ

Mediterranean traveler maps: HER-Y78D-CBHY-EFF3-CGCA
    I used the map pack code, thanks a bunch!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Black Mesa

Well, I think it's good. I replayed original HL four or five times and Black Mesa is exactly what I wanted, in music( I know some of you guys think that electronic music is not music but whatever) terms it's a remix of the original with some remastering done. It even manages to look good, like an AAA game released circa 2006, maybe 2007. Some changes in level design are ok with me. But the real challenge is the Blast Pit and I'm not there yet. We'll see. What bothers me is a crowbar, for something this iconic they really made a pretty weak animation for it. Maybe they made it to buff zombies as they are now more dangerous( since player is slower in Blackmesa and crowbar has a shorter range, I think), in HL zombies rarely hit me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    One thing I dislike about Black Mesa music is that it tends to play in the worst fucking moments.
    Just made it to the surface, the military are out in force and shooting at me, and the game starts playing sort of an industrial heavy-rock/metal song which yes, is very good, BUT I CAN'T HEAR THE GODDAMN ACTION GOING ON!!

When you had half life 1 on a cd it would play the audio track of any cd you had in the drive.

Hello venga boys!

Just started on Black Mesa and very much enjoying it. Its like a throwback to the classic 90's shooters but with updated graphics which is perfect.

I don't want to get to into it yet though as I've been playing a lot of Cave Story this week and I'm now at the final cave. I've been really enjoying it, the controls are nice and tight and the mechanics are cool, such as leveling up your weapons. I don't know how I didn't hear of the game until recently as its the sort of thing I love. I have to complete it before I get stuck into any other game though as I can be very OCD when it comes to these sort of games. (Super Meat Boy being the only thing that can defeat me grrrrrr)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Torrenting Black Mesa now, since the proper sites don't seem to wanna work.

Still playing Guild Wars 2. 87% of the world explored. Still don't have a crafting skill above 120.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen