Page 438 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 25184
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Looking For Group
    Twilight Arbor
    Exploration Mode
    Thanks. Damn kids and your letters.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Your fingers (and hands) have tendons, but no muscles.
    No muscles anywhere in the hand? That's bizarre.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    No muscles anywhere in the hand? That's bizarre.
    LTK is misremembering his human anatomy. There are no muscles in the fingers, true, but there most certainly are muscles in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    LTK is misremembering his human anatomy. There are no muscles in the fingers, true, but there most certainly are muscles in the hand.
    That sounds right. I read that from him and then looked at my palms, and thought that that part beneath the thumb looked like a good chunk of muscle. However biology (or any of the natural sciences) aren't really my cup of tea, so of course I didn't actually look it up to verify it, or anything.

Oh yes, I forgot about the palm. Disregard me, it's been a while since I've properly examined a skinned human arm.

Pretty sure, like, 8 of the 47 muscles in your body are located in your hands?

Source: WebMD

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Oh yes, I forgot about the palm. Disregard me, it's been a while since I've properly examined a skinned human arm.
    It's easy to forget about when the sight of it is occluded so thoroughly by the other anatomical object it's grasping.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    It really feels like the kind of game where you should lose 99% of the time, so it's kind of crap that in order to unlock new stuff you have to play on easy and win a bunch.
    This makes me wonder if we've been playing the same game. It took me almost fourteen hours to defeat the flagship on Easy.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Click. Click click click click. Click. Click. Click click click. Click click click. Click. Shift+click, shift+click, shift+click. Click click. Click click click. Click. Click.

Torchlight 2.

Did you try Ctrl-click? I find it much better than shift as my toon wont cast a spell if there is no monster to click.

-----------------

Currently juggling my limited (3-5 hrs) gaming time between nba 2k12, GW 2 and TL 2. (wow! thats a lot of 2!)

God forbid how I will manage my time when I add XCom.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

After finishing Xcom's demo I'm just sadder I can't afford the game.

Obscure Node
    Re-playing Fallout 3, but it has to share it's time with Civilization 5, and Civ isn't too happy about sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    This makes me wonder if we've been playing the same game. It took me almost fourteen hours to defeat the flagship on Easy.
    I didn't say (and didn't mean to imply) that it was all that quick or simple of a process to win on easy, but that 99% lose value wasn't an exaggeration. Apparently in order to unlock new ships and equipment one has to win quite a few times. To do that, one has to play on easy. That sucks. I should be able to (slowly) unlock new stuff by playing the game on normal and getting my ass kicked, but having the occasional triumph (not beat-the-game triumphs, triumphs in difficult scenarios or the like). Making me play the game on a setting where winning occurs more than around 1% of the time undermines the whole "roguelike" thing. Hell, it bugs me that the game has an ending at all.

I was a bit hesistant to do that as well, but the game's no fun at all if you stick with normal difficulty all the way. It's gonna take you a long, long, long time to make progress with just the Kestrel on Normal. To illustrate: the only achievements I got on Normal difficulty are Sector 5, and the engi ship drones-only achievement.
    Good news! Yesterday I've reached Sector 8 with the Kestrel on Normal ending the game with about 11 hours on the clock. Previously I've only made it as far as Sector 6 with the Kestrel and Sector 7 on my second try with the Engi cruiser. Unfortunately the ship was so underepowered in combat, it went down before having a chance to confront the boss.

The lucky strokes were putting together a sizeable crew early on, so by the end they all had levelled up at least once, and getting the Pre-Igniter augmentation from a ship which surrendered - something I'd never seen before in a shop and is pretty cool.

Switching to easy will take out a lot of the challenge of regular gameplay, but the boss is certainly no pushover.
    I'm gonna give easy a try then, having the chance of trying more stuff will probably improve my effectiveness and flexibility as a player anyway.

BTW I realized there's something to keep track of to help me decide whether to restart early on or not, which is the amount of scrap wasted on hull repairs. With the Kestrel, that depends mainly on missile hits, which in turn is basically a matter of luck, because, short of keeping the engine room manned at all times and trying to disable the enemy's weapons ASAP, there's little else that can be done about it until there's enough scrap to invest in engine upgrades and the Defense drone.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Hell, it bugs me that the game has an ending at all.
    But most roguelikes have an ending.

Obscure Node
    I'm currently switching between FTL and Torchlight 2, but ultimately just passing the time until the latest XCOM installment arrives!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Looked around a bit in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. I'll get into the questing in a few days when I have a few hours to sit down and really get into it. Also had another go at FTL: Faster Than Light - I don't think I have to explain how it ended...!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    In most roguelikes I never see it, though, if only because I suck. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    That doesn't really matter, does it? For the true Star Trek captain experience, you'd ideally want to explore as far as you're able to go. Unfortunately, that goes beyond what FTL is able to offer.

In most roguelikes I never see it, though, if only because I suck. :)
    Fair enough, personally I like this one being shorter, and would probably end up playing less if it were as long as most roguelikes, since I don't think it'd work with the core mechanics.

And about the true Stark Trek captain experience... I actually think this works better than that, on Star Trek there is an objective, once it's achieved, it just another different adventure, starting from zero. What could help with this would be expansions with different missions.

I'm going to be original and say that I am also playing FTL, and that is between finally discovering Skyrim and my Day of Defeat: Source addiction.

I think FTL is a game that would be enhanced if players were able to mod their own encounters. Some away missions would be nice so it wasn't always just spaceship attrition.

A friend of mine described FTL not as a Star Trek game, but more of a Firefly one, and realising that has changed my play style - I'm a lot more ruthless now :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Mainly Dark Souls, which quite frankly is a work of utter genius. I think anyone with a modicum of interest in game design needs to experience it, simply to appreciate the fantastic level design and the way in which the various sections all interlink. Is it challenging ? Yes. You will stumble and fall down a lot initially, but every failure teaches you a valuable lesson and you improve. I'd liken it a bit to that line from fightclub: -

A guy came to fight club for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood
    The game doesn't seemingly hand hold you and the learning curve is steep, but once you accept that death is merely a setback and not a catastrophe then things fall into place. There's a lot to be gained from simple observation of the world around you before you proceed through the environments. A moment here or there to simply look at what is before you (as well as what is behind) can pay real dividends. Highly recommended for those seeking a unique gaming experience.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....