Page 443 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543943 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 24071
  1. #8841
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    maybe a little late but, I'm having some nightmares about being chased by a certain coke-sniffing knife nut from Alpha Protocol every time that song comes up.
    Many people still don't know about the option to spike the coke.

  2. #8842
    Network Hub Avish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    391
    Just bought Hitman: BM on Gamersgate (on sale ATM) and will get to it as soon as I am done with TL2.

    In TL2, I am somewhere in act 3 (I don't really follow the story) and am starting to get a bit tired from it, so it's a good idea to take a break before starting a new character (thinking about berserker. Noe playing embermage).

  3. #8843
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Many people still don't know about the option to spike the coke.
    Good thing I went to Taiwan first, then. Heck's a total bro
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  4. #8844
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus c-Row's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anus Mundi, Germany
    Posts
    1,270
    Rage, finally. It's alright, but it doesn't grab me as much as the old id Software games did, nor is it interesting enough for me to play more than one or two missions during a single session. It's pretty much a huge sandcastle of wasted opportunities and reloading textures.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

  5. #8845
    Obscure Node LeMonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hastings
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I've just started my mid-semester break and I'm looking for a game to fill up the two weeks. I'd like to choose one of the games from my backlog that I've never played before, but I'm not sure which to go with. My options are:
    • Supreme Commander (or SupCom: FA)
    • Stronghold (anyone that isn't #3)
    • Majesty Gold (HD, or #2)
    • Civilization (4 or 5)
    • X3: Albion Prelude (or either of the other X3 games)
    • Swords of the Star
    • Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines (have the fan patch for it)
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Dark Messiah: of Might and Magic
    • Prince Of Persia 2008
    • or S.T.A.L.K.E.R (any of the 3 (I have the completition mods (w/e there called) for them.))


    Currently, I'm leaning towards VTMB because it's always spoken of so highly and theres currently a few people playing it around here. I guess I'd like to know if its the game on the list that I need to experience the most, if anyone is able to confirm that or put an arguement forward for another of the games.
    I am able to confirm that.

  6. #8846
    Lesser Hivemind Node airtekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    778
    I'm in love with Borderlands 2. It's one of my games of the year, for sure.

    I thought the first game was good (enough for me to be interested in buying the sequel at any rate) but I seem to be enjoying the the second outing a lot more, for some reason.

    Perhaps it's because I'm playing it in co-op instead of singleplayer, but on the the whole the game seems ... bigger, than the first in almost every way. There's some good writing too; gotta love a game that can make me laugh.

  7. #8847
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Many people still don't know about the option to spike the coke.
    Did that last playthrough and it seems to make the fight so much easier. It's impossible to not want to be friends with Heck. Although the subway minigun was a bit unexpected.

  8. #8848
    I'm playing Sleeping Dogs.. great game so far, much better than any GTA was.

  9. #8849
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Did that last playthrough and it seems to make the fight so much easier. It's impossible to not want to be friends with Heck. Although the subway minigun was a bit unexpected.
    But oh, that minigun part was glorious! Him ripping people up while he was on a train as you're outgunned earned him bro4lyfe status. and he still sticks around by the end of the game if you pick him as a handler, killing Scarlet for you if you left her back in Graybox
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  10. #8850
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    But oh, that minigun part was glorious! Him ripping people up while he was on a train as you're outgunned earned him bro4lyfe status. and he still sticks around by the end of the game if you pick him as a handler, killing Scarlet for you if you left her back in Graybox
    I had actually wiped everyone out when he showed up with the minigun.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  11. #8851
    Network Hub Olero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Enschede, The Netherlands
    Posts
    232
    Started playing HOMM6 again (which I finally managed to get working, though the lastest patch of course broke stuff again as well.... ). I'm in the second Necropolis map (Towards the within), but had to start over since *SPOILERS* I had too little units left to "kill" the Haven hero (Conrad?). Which is a major annoyance, but the level is fun enough to play again. Apart from the flaws and bugs, the game is really entertaining to my surprise. But U-play still manages to frustrate me immensely...!
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

  12. #8852
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm in love with Borderlands 2. It's one of my games of the year, for sure.

    I thought the first game was good (enough for me to be interested in buying the sequel at any rate) but I seem to be enjoying the the second outing a lot more, for some reason.

    Perhaps it's because I'm playing it in co-op instead of singleplayer, but on the the whole the game seems ... bigger, than the first in almost every way. There's some good writing too; gotta love a game that can make me laugh.
    Borderlands 2 is really very entertaining, Played a few games with Airtekh and it was a blast, highly recommended co-op player (as are most of the RPS forumites i've met here; ForceFlow.be, Cjone, ata, Universal Hampster, President Weasle, Lordofthehills, 40crew, Aepervius and ark).

    My mate also bought me Torchlight 2 which was very nice of him. I played an outlander in the beta with pistols, so decided to go melee in the realse, and found it really uncomfortable. So i might go back to being a ranged specialist, hows the embermage?(I played the Alchemeist (summoner) in the previous game).

    From my last post i've only really played Syberia 2 any amount; not much to write home about really. I'm enjoying it very much, but its definately the "difficult second game", it plods on but it lacks the character progression Syberia one had (so far), still very pretty though.

    As its October though i'm going to do my yearly tradition of digging out spooky games, and the line up looks like this;
    Finish Lone survivior - currently outside
    Finish Cthulu saves the world - I have a dragon and i think i'm really near then end with this one, I'm not sure, its been ages since i last played this
    Finish Zombie Containment puzzler - I played this for an hour one night and found myself REALLY into it, so i think it deserves a second look
    Start Blackwell: Deception
    and finally...
    Try my best to actually finish Amnesia - I'm just about to descend the lift and the prospect terrifys me.

    Although tbf, i'll probaley end up playing Borderland 2... alot of Borderlands 2.
    Tom j

  13. #8853
    Lesser Hivemind Node Gorzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I had actually wiped everyone out when he showed up with the minigun.
    Pretty much this, of course I left taiwan for the end, so...

  14. #8854
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    But oh, that minigun part was glorious! Him ripping people up while he was on a train as you're outgunned earned him bro4lyfe status. and he still sticks around by the end of the game if you pick him as a handler, killing Scarlet for you if you left her back in Graybox
    Must happen only if you had negative reputation with her, as Heck was my handler for the final mission and that didn't happen even though I left her to get out by herself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I had actually wiped everyone out when he showed up with the minigun.
    I was in the middle of picking the lock or hacking the keypad at the far end, so when he shouts to duck and you hear hell kicking off behind you I was fearing the worst.

  15. #8855
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    As its October though i'm going to do my yearly tradition of digging out spooky games
    Great idea. Halloween usually sneaks up on me (no pun intended) so that I rarely get into any scary games actually during the holiday time. Hopefully, I can break away from Borderlands 2 long enough to play some Amnesia, Resident Evil 6, and maybe some of the cool new indie horror titles (Anna, Lone Survivor, or Slender...) It might even be time to try out some scare Half Life-based mods, like Cry of Fear.

    But like TomxJ, this is all contingent on being able to pull myself away from B2, which has not been a very successful endeavor so far...

  16. #8856
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,802
    Spent a few hours playing grid. Locked myself to the inside the car view and all assists off (except rewind). I honestly feel like the drift events are really fun, using the 2nd analogue to look out the windows so I can see where I am going.
    Drift events are fun? What's happening to me brah?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  17. #8857
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    968
    I attempted to play 3079, for a little while. What a very strange game.

  18. #8858
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I've just started my mid-semester break and I'm looking for a game to fill up the two weeks. I'd like to choose one of the games from my backlog that I've never played before, but I'm not sure which to go with. My options are:
    • Supreme Commander (or SupCom: FA)
    • Stronghold (anyone that isn't #3)
    • Majesty Gold (HD, or #2)
    • Civilization (4 or 5)
    • X3: Albion Prelude (or either of the other X3 games)
    • Swords of the Star
    • Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines (have the fan patch for it)
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Dark Messiah: of Might and Magic
    • Prince Of Persia 2008
    • or S.T.A.L.K.E.R (any of the 3 (I have the completition mods (w/e there called) for them.))


    Currently, I'm leaning towards VTMB because it's always spoken of so highly and theres currently a few people playing it around here. I guess I'd like to know if its the game on the list that I need to experience the most, if anyone is able to confirm that or put an arguement forward for another of the games.
    VTMB's still in my backlog so I can't comment on that, but everyone who hasn't yet played STALKER: SOC with the Complete mod owes it to themselves to do so. It might be the most immersive game I've ever played. It might even be the best game I've ever played. It's not quite like anything else, and, without saying too much, the game it turns in to after a few hours isn't quite the game it presents itself as when you first start out. It won't be for everyone, of course. It's bleak, buggy at times, occasionally poorly translated, and completely uninterested in coddling you. But I don't think the phrase "understated masterpiece" is going too far.

    If you go with SOC, just make sure to mod it with Complete first - it's keeps the spirit and mechanics of the game perfectly intact, and I've played the vanilla game enough to know that you lose nothing (and gain so much) by starting modded - and remember to take your time. There really is no rush. The landscape is the main character. It might be the only game I've ever played where sidequests and random encounters are at least as enjoyable as the main plotline.

  19. #8859
    Network Hub elephant god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    337
    I'm still mainly playing FTL. even with the occasional intersection of kicking ass with my Embermage in Torchlight, I don't think any game has had such a gleefully tight grip on me in at least a year as FTL has.

  20. #8860
    Lesser Hivemind Node Wheelz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I've just started my mid-semester break and I'm looking for a game to fill up the two weeks. I'd like to choose one of the games from my backlog that I've never played before, but I'm not sure which to go with. My options are:
    • Supreme Commander (or SupCom: FA)
    • Stronghold (anyone that isn't #3)
    • Majesty Gold (HD, or #2)
    • Civilization (4 or 5)
    • X3: Albion Prelude (or either of the other X3 games)
    • Swords of the Star
    • Star Wars: Republic Commando
    • Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines (have the fan patch for it)
    • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    • Dark Messiah: of Might and Magic
    • Prince Of Persia 2008
    • or S.T.A.L.K.E.R (any of the 3 (I have the completition mods (w/e there called) for them.))


    Currently, I'm leaning towards VTMB because it's always spoken of so highly and theres currently a few people playing it around here. I guess I'd like to know if its the game on the list that I need to experience the most, if anyone is able to confirm that or put an arguement forward for another of the games.
    Thanks for the responses guys, but you've left me with two votes for VTMB, and two votes for stalker: SOC. so I need a quick deciding vote, I'll play whichever game gets the next one :p

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •