Page 444 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544944 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 23090
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I want to promote Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's got probably the best melee/mixed combat system of anything ever.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys, but you've left me with two votes for VTMB, and two votes for stalker: SOC. so I need a quick deciding vote, I'll play whichever game gets the next one :p
    I say STALKER, but I've never played VTMB, so make of that what you will.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I want to promote Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. It's got probably the best melee/mixed combat system of anything ever.
    Better than Dark Souls? I've personally never played DMMM.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I say STALKER, but I've never played VTMB, so make of that what you will.
    VTMB gets my vote, but STALKER is quite awesome too.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

thanks guys, gunna start with Stalker. I might write up some thoughts as I go if there's any interest.

Make sure you get the STALKER Complete Mod. The game on its own is good, but it really is a VAST improvement with the complete mod.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Finished the TL2 demo (the end screen put a smile on my face), but the general feeling was like "ok why would people buy this game? there's no point, I don't know why they do" then I suddenly stopped in my tracks and realized "oh right, multiplayer".

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Who would have though, for example, that one of the better fictional representations of XXX would come not from a movie or novel, but from a video game?
    You were doing so well up to this point ...damn!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

nonono, Vampire first. It's quite a short experience, actually. compared to the STALKER compendium, anyways. Also, both, of course, are amongst the greatest games ever!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    No, but it is in the first person perspective -- quite a different experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic has a weighty combat system. It feels good to slap foes around. You can see your character bracing for that power attack, and when he releases, the enemy staggers according to how they were hit. You just want to keep hitting and hitting until there's nothing left. I'm sure Helio was mostly referring to the environment kills though, which are absurd fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm sure Helio was mostly referring to the environment kills though, which are absurd fun.
    Its more that odd patch where your powers and environmental and ability based meet. like putting ice on a ramp and watching as the guards ragdoll down.

Last edited by Heliocentric; 02-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Make sure you get the STALKER Complete Mod. The game on its own is good, but it really is a VAST improvement with the complete mod.
    meh, if you want the game to be easier on you. the VAST improvements are mostly graphics upgrades with a few changes here and there. Zone Reclamation Project is better for beginners anyway
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    COMPLETE changes next to nothing difficulty-wise. Actually pretty sure it's literally nothing. Maybe in CoP because I heard it adds looting cash from corpses, but not in SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    Make sure you get the STALKER Complete Mod. The game on its own is good
    No. No, it really isn't.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Its more that odd patch where your powers and environmental and ability based meat. like putting ice on a ramp and watching as the guards ragdoll down.
    Right, guess I'll have to cancel my plans for the weekend. After seeing that video there's no way I'm not playing this game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Darwinia. I never noticed this before, but every time I start the game, I get a new opening sequence. Some of them are weird, and some are clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    No. No, it really isn't.
    I dunno, doesn't it kind of depend on one's tolerance for outdated graphics? The vanilla game is still essentially well-designed; Complete's only such a good mod because of the foundation it's built on. But, anyway, there's no reason to not install the mod at this point, except not having the specs for it.

While we're talking STALKER, has anyone tried the STALKERSOUP mod? It basically doubles the size of the zone through user-created areas. I'm curious.

Ha a truly heroic victory against all odds on Rome: Total War. And after it an expected loss, wich meant the heroic death of one of my sons.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    While we're talking STALKER, has anyone tried the STALKERSOUP mod? It basically doubles the size of the zone through user-created areas. I'm curious.
    I tried it for a while when it was DMX NS. Long loading times, very frequent crashes cause of the overpopulation, very very hard (which is not a bad thing), many fetch quests with bad translation and many new maps. I am waiting for Stalkersoup to come out of beta. It will have a sort of free-roam mode (Collector) that I wanna try. Not very interested in the campaign fetch quests. I think it sounds very promising, will have to wait and see how it turns out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Ha a truly heroic victory against all odds on Rome: Total War. And after it an expected loss, wich meant the heroic death of one of my sons.
    I'm guessing one fight where you were heavily outnumbered which you managed to win, only for the enemy to attack the same, now devastated army again and crush them?

In Total War games there was never anything more painful than having to watch an army or a character - be they brave veterens or courageous recruits - die due to overwhelming numbers and the inability to retreat and recover. Makes for some great stories though, like the time the Slavs attacked one of my Hun cities with 3 horde armies resulting in me losing the city and having a 1000-strong army of tough veterens entirely destroyed while they lost around 5000 troops, crippling their ambitions as a nation.

They were actually different armies, the first one is still alive and kicking. The one wich was lost had just joined an ally army on the interception of some gauls. Little time after we engaged my ally routed all of it's units, leaving me alone. After the last battle I was too proud, and made the mistake of thinking I still could manage to make all of the enemy troops route. I failed miserably, and right after I issued the order for retreat, the enemies commander rached mine and killed him.