Page 446 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 24083
  1. #8901
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,457
    I'm trying to get into Nethack again. A little bit out of nostalgia, since it was the first roguelike I played. I was there when 3.4.3 was released. I remember.

  2. #8902
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Total War things
    Rome I love and I'd say it (actually Barbarian Invasion) is my favourite of the games.
    Medieval 2 I wanted to love but had too many things getting in the way of my enjoyment. Maybe some mods will fix up Pope problems etc but I don't know if I have the time to bother.
    Empire surprised the hell out of me. Loved every minute after turn 10 (about how long it took to realise what the game was) and only had a couple of crashes/bugs throughout the 100 hours I played... until turn 150 or so, where the game decided I could no longer load a savegame so I had to sit down for an 8-hour session and achieve British World Domination without any saving.
    Napoleon I'm really looking forward to - smaller scale than Empire on the campaign map but potentially bigger fights. Less researching to be done and more focussed campaigns as opposed to the sandbox of Empire. Hopefully a bit more diversity in the sides as well. I think it could be the perfect complement to Empire.
    I have Shogun 2 but haven't played it yet.

    Have never tried a mod for any of them, although am tempted by EB for Rome. RTR is not appealing though - looks like too much of what I enjoy gets striped away in that one.

  3. #8903
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    I tried out NBA2k13 but this game is not for me, the gameplay is so stiff and the lack of a decent tutorial results me scoring fat F's because I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  4. #8904
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I tried out NBA2k13 but this game is not for me, the gameplay is so stiff and the lack of a decent tutorial results me scoring fat F's because I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Another downside: the game apparently features Justin Bieber. No, I'm not making shit up, unfortunately.

    On Topic:

    Total War: Shogun 2; first TW game I play. I am absolutely horrible, but the easy access to grenadier units that my clan has (Hojo, A.K.A. TriForce) helps IMMENSELY.

    Half Minute Hero: Bloody hell this thing is ETERNAL!!

  5. #8905
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,630
    Just ignore sieges in Shogun 2, at least when you are the attacker. They're shit and broken. It's better to send a big army, save and autosolve the battle.

  6. #8906
    Activated Node rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Just ignore sieges in Shogun 2, at least when you are the attacker. They're shit and broken. It's better to send a big army, save and autosolve the battle.
    This is a) if you have a big army. If not, then charging in and winning against all odds is the best way! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CasimirEffect
    TW Stuff #2
    Yep, although what I liked about RTR was that it really enhanced the density of things around the Hellenic central lands. That meant that say as Carthage I had a single more city to conquer in Sicily than I did before, and that really added to it. Now, if AI had been able to take advantage of this...

    But even so, the reduced stamina and everything didn't hurt the game as much as I thought it would. I haven't played RTR in ages though -- couldn't be bothered after I switched to a Steam RTW version so now I only have operational EB. But EB is a true must try! :)

  7. #8907
    Network Hub Hensler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    442
    Looking at the calendar, it appears that both XCom and Dishonored are out next week. Considering my recent addictions to Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2, I think I should take some time away from gaming and spend some time with my wife... this may be the last time she sees me for a few months.

  8. #8908
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I'm imagine the Very Hard was responsible for that. I don't trust the higher TW difficulty levels as on campaign map it makes everyone attack you while on the battle map it means their troops like-for-like do more and take more damage. There's only a small gain in actual AI to be had - the rest of the extra difficulty comes from AI cheating/insanity.
    I could have sworn the only thing Hard/Very Hard did to Total War battle AI was bump up their morale. I recall that on normal difficulty the AI will break before your unit of the same type, and only on Hard are they equally stalwart. It could be that's from the pre-Empire games, or perhaps I'm simply misremembering.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

  9. #8909
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,317
    The Binding of Isaac. So many deaths, still haven't seen "Mom"

  10. #8910
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Another downside: the game apparently features Justin Bieber. No, I'm not making shit up, unfortunately.
    It's produced by JayZ also, so it's full of bad rap too.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  11. #8911
    Lesser Hivemind Node mnemnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    It's produced by JayZ also, so it's full of bad rap too.

    And they didnt offer the all star dlc in pc. They also remove a few modes in pc, plus the digital version of the game has been move back to oct. 16. As if they want the game to be pirated. The only plus in pc is the modding community.

    Ill probably wait until steam sale to buy the game. Im still enjoying 2k12 and Im in 7th year in assoc mode.

    And that Beiber guy?! Ughh!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

  12. #8912
    Activated Node rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I could have sworn the only thing Hard/Very Hard did to Total War battle AI was bump up their morale. I recall that on normal difficulty the AI will break before your unit of the same type, and only on Hard are they equally stalwart. It could be that's from the pre-Empire games, or perhaps I'm simply misremembering.
    Yep, but as far as I know it increases Stamina as well, and at least in S2TW it reduces the information given about enemy units (so that you have less to act on, and have to recognize them from them walking around).

  13. #8913
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,974
    I haven't done this in Alpha Protocol before but can I save the info about the riots and save Ronald Sung from getting shot to death? Or the riots are just inevitable?
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  14. #8914
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,265
    Don't think so. Whichever evidence you keep gives Sung sufficient reason to take precautions in that area, but the other plot always succeeds. You can only foil one plan.

  15. #8915
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Capital of Scandinavia
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Yep, but as far as I know it increases Stamina as well, and at least in S2TW it reduces the information given about enemy units (so that you have less to act on, and have to recognize them from them walking around).
    Well, sort of. That's called something in the vicinity of "realism mode" and can be enabled in a check-box when you start your game on any difficulty. The difference is that on very hard it's mandatory. Don't know about stamina, but seems probable.

  16. #8916
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    And they didnt offer the all star dlc in pc. They also remove a few modes in pc, plus the digital version of the game has been move back to oct. 16. As if they want the game to be pirated. The only plus in pc is the modding community.

    Ill probably wait until steam sale to buy the game. Im still enjoying 2k12 and Im in 7th year in assoc mode.

    And that Beiber guy?! Ughh!
    It's basically the same game as 2k12 with only slight menu changes, like all EA games. Characters looks low res like hell which is a shame for a game in the year 2012.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  17. #8917
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Don't think so. Whichever evidence you keep gives Sung sufficient reason to take precautions in that area, but the other plot always succeeds. You can only foil one plan.
    So he won't even wear a vest, then? Fuck
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  18. #8918
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    So he won't even wear a vest, then? Fuck
    Heh, at least it's not as bad as the "stupid idea A or stupid idea B" in mass effect.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  19. #8919
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    204
    I got sent home early due to man flu so i've just finshed Blackwell: Deception and it was definately the best one yet. Lots of really nice hooks and twists crammed into around 8 hours of play. Think i might load up Resonance next.

  20. #8920
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Hell Yeah! Death Rabbit. Crazy fun, It's like a mix of Warioware and a platformer and the crazyness and humor you would expect of an Adult Swim show.

    and some Half Minute Hero. It's weird that the high texure mode has only one mode and the old school mode has 3 diferent modes.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •