Page 446 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546946 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 24083
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I'm trying to get into Nethack again. A little bit out of nostalgia, since it was the first roguelike I played. I was there when 3.4.3 was released. I remember.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Total War things
    Rome I love and I'd say it (actually Barbarian Invasion) is my favourite of the games.
    Medieval 2 I wanted to love but had too many things getting in the way of my enjoyment. Maybe some mods will fix up Pope problems etc but I don't know if I have the time to bother.
    Empire surprised the hell out of me. Loved every minute after turn 10 (about how long it took to realise what the game was) and only had a couple of crashes/bugs throughout the 100 hours I played... until turn 150 or so, where the game decided I could no longer load a savegame so I had to sit down for an 8-hour session and achieve British World Domination without any saving.
    Napoleon I'm really looking forward to - smaller scale than Empire on the campaign map but potentially bigger fights. Less researching to be done and more focussed campaigns as opposed to the sandbox of Empire. Hopefully a bit more diversity in the sides as well. I think it could be the perfect complement to Empire.
    I have Shogun 2 but haven't played it yet.

Have never tried a mod for any of them, although am tempted by EB for Rome. RTR is not appealing though - looks like too much of what I enjoy gets striped away in that one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I tried out NBA2k13 but this game is not for me, the gameplay is so stiff and the lack of a decent tutorial results me scoring fat F's because I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I tried out NBA2k13 but this game is not for me, the gameplay is so stiff and the lack of a decent tutorial results me scoring fat F's because I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Another downside: the game apparently features Justin Bieber. No, I'm not making shit up, unfortunately.

On Topic:

Total War: Shogun 2; first TW game I play. I am absolutely horrible, but the easy access to grenadier units that my clan has (Hojo, A.K.A. TriForce) helps IMMENSELY.

Half Minute Hero: Bloody hell this thing is ETERNAL!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Just ignore sieges in Shogun 2, at least when you are the attacker. They're shit and broken. It's better to send a big army, save and autosolve the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Just ignore sieges in Shogun 2, at least when you are the attacker. They're shit and broken. It's better to send a big army, save and autosolve the battle.
    This is a) if you have a big army. If not, then charging in and winning against all odds is the best way! :)

Quote Originally Posted by CasimirEffect
    TW Stuff #2
    Yep, although what I liked about RTR was that it really enhanced the density of things around the Hellenic central lands. That meant that say as Carthage I had a single more city to conquer in Sicily than I did before, and that really added to it. Now, if AI had been able to take advantage of this...

But even so, the reduced stamina and everything didn't hurt the game as much as I thought it would. I haven't played RTR in ages though -- couldn't be bothered after I switched to a Steam RTW version so now I only have operational EB. But EB is a true must try! :)

Looking at the calendar, it appears that both XCom and Dishonored are out next week. Considering my recent addictions to Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2, I think I should take some time away from gaming and spend some time with my wife... this may be the last time she sees me for a few months.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I'm imagine the Very Hard was responsible for that. I don't trust the higher TW difficulty levels as on campaign map it makes everyone attack you while on the battle map it means their troops like-for-like do more and take more damage. There's only a small gain in actual AI to be had - the rest of the extra difficulty comes from AI cheating/insanity.
    I could have sworn the only thing Hard/Very Hard did to Total War battle AI was bump up their morale. I recall that on normal difficulty the AI will break before your unit of the same type, and only on Hard are they equally stalwart. It could be that's from the pre-Empire games, or perhaps I'm simply misremembering.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The Binding of Isaac. So many deaths, still haven't seen "Mom"

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Another downside: the game apparently features Justin Bieber. No, I'm not making shit up, unfortunately.
    It's produced by JayZ also, so it's full of bad rap too.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    It's produced by JayZ also, so it's full of bad rap too.

And they didnt offer the all star dlc in pc. They also remove a few modes in pc, plus the digital version of the game has been move back to oct. 16. As if they want the game to be pirated. The only plus in pc is the modding community.

Ill probably wait until steam sale to buy the game. Im still enjoying 2k12 and Im in 7th year in assoc mode.

And that Beiber guy?! Ughh!
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I could have sworn the only thing Hard/Very Hard did to Total War battle AI was bump up their morale. I recall that on normal difficulty the AI will break before your unit of the same type, and only on Hard are they equally stalwart. It could be that's from the pre-Empire games, or perhaps I'm simply misremembering.
    Yep, but as far as I know it increases Stamina as well, and at least in S2TW it reduces the information given about enemy units (so that you have less to act on, and have to recognize them from them walking around).

I haven't done this in Alpha Protocol before but can I save the info about the riots and save Ronald Sung from getting shot to death? Or the riots are just inevitable?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Don't think so. Whichever evidence you keep gives Sung sufficient reason to take precautions in that area, but the other plot always succeeds. You can only foil one plan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    Yep, but as far as I know it increases Stamina as well, and at least in S2TW it reduces the information given about enemy units (so that you have less to act on, and have to recognize them from them walking around).
    Well, sort of. That's called something in the vicinity of "realism mode" and can be enabled in a check-box when you start your game on any difficulty. The difference is that on very hard it's mandatory. Don't know about stamina, but seems probable.

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    And they didnt offer the all star dlc in pc. They also remove a few modes in pc, plus the digital version of the game has been move back to oct. 16. As if they want the game to be pirated. The only plus in pc is the modding community.

Ill probably wait until steam sale to buy the game. Im still enjoying 2k12 and Im in 7th year in assoc mode.

And that Beiber guy?! Ughh!
    It's basically the same game as 2k12 with only slight menu changes, like all EA games. Characters looks low res like hell which is a shame for a game in the year 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Don't think so. Whichever evidence you keep gives Sung sufficient reason to take precautions in that area, but the other plot always succeeds. You can only foil one plan.
    So he won't even wear a vest, then? Fuck
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    So he won't even wear a vest, then? Fuck
    Heh, at least it's not as bad as the "stupid idea A or stupid idea B" in mass effect.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I got sent home early due to man flu so i've just finshed Blackwell: Deception and it was definately the best one yet. Lots of really nice hooks and twists crammed into around 8 hours of play. Think i might load up Resonance next.

Hell Yeah! Death Rabbit. Crazy fun, It's like a mix of Warioware and a platformer and the crazyness and humor you would expect of an Adult Swim show.

and some Half Minute Hero. It's weird that the high texure mode has only one mode and the old school mode has 3 diferent modes.