Page 454 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554954 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 24776
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    On weekends I've been playing Torchlight 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 with friends. Both are a great time in co-op, though I wish I could respec my TL2 Embermage (without having to cheat, that is) given that I made a number of questionable decisions early on when I hadn't a clue what I was doing. Ultimately I don't think the damage is really that severe, but my points are more spread around than is probably optimal. Still, fun little game, for all that it feels slightly "flatter" than the original for reasons I can't pin down.

In single player, I made the mistake of starting Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money and it very nearly killed my 150+ hour game dead. What an absolutely awful expansion/DLC/thing. Timed pixel hunts that instakill you on failure, obnoxious enemies, dull environment, and constantly eroding health (which is a problem when you've turned off food healing). Blech, misery, and neither the characters nor plot remotely seem to justify the pain of dragging oneself through it. I got a little ways in, playing shorter and shorter sessions each time, then realized this dreck was killing any enthusiasm to play a game I'd been greatly enjoying until I started it. Save reverted, all is well. Tell me the other DLC's are better, please!

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    On weekends I've been playing Torchlight 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 with friends. Both are a great time in co-op, though I wish I could respec my TL2 Embermage (without having to cheat, that is) given that I made a number of questionable decisions early on when I hadn't a clue what I was doing. Ultimately I don't think the damage is really that severe, but my points are more spread around than is probably optimal. Still, fun little game, for all that it feels slightly "flatter" than the original for reasons I can't pin down.

In single player, I made the mistake of starting Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money and it very nearly killed my 150+ hour game dead. What an absolutely awful expansion/DLC/thing. Timed pixel hunts that instakill you on failure, obnoxious enemies, dull environment, and constantly eroding health (which is a problem when you've turned off food healing). Blech, misery, and neither the characters nor plot remotely seem to justify the pain of dragging oneself through it. I got a little ways in, playing shorter and shorter sessions each time, then realized this dreck was killing any enthusiasm to play a game I'd been greatly enjoying until I started it. Save reverted, all is well. Tell me the other DLC's are better, please!
    There is now a mod that will allow the vendor to sell some respec potion.

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=40186
    or this
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39808
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Austria fucked up, they took half their army out of Parma and sent them into my territory. After recently conquering Sardinia, General SÚrurier turned his tired and depleted forces towards this Austrian threat and thoroughly crushed their army; taking medium losses but entirely destroying their foe.

Bonaparte, fresh from accepting the surrenders of Milan and Lodi and with a full-strength army, was able to move on the now vulnerable Parma. With luck it shall fall quickly, with more luck Austrian troops from Mantua will come down to try and break the siege, weakening that city.

Still don't know how to deal with Venice though. It's late June and I have until late December. Depending on Austrian troop numbers I may be able to declare war on Venice and fight my way to that required Austrian territory. Or I can gamble everything on achieving limitary access from the Venetians throw state gifts.
    So to put my fate in the hands of Possibly Cheating AI Forces or Total War Diplomacy Systems. Knowing Total War AI, that's a tough one...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Whats with first mission in Jagged Alliance:BIA DEMO,its like impossible to even get any further then your starting point :S
    Head south to the road and work your way around the back of the complex.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Finally! XCOM is release in my region. Time to play the game..

EDIT:

updating.....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! I waited until 3am just to play the game and it gives me another 1.8gb to download. Guess Ill play it this afternoon after work then.. :(
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 12-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

2k is fucking with us. Next time i'm doing the vpn thing

Started playing Dawn of War 2 today, and it's leaving me oddly cold. Coming from Starcraft 2, the units feel really unresponsive, as they don't change their actions while in another animation (say, attacking). It also annoys me that they don't stay in cover, and that I can't see the range of certain skills. Maybe I should start on a lower difficulty, where my units don't feel so weak, but I'm hoping it will get better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    2k is fucking with us. Next time i'm doing the vpn thing
    I'll be buying it on a steam sale... stop all your hooting and hollaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Started playing Dawn of War 2 today, and it's leaving me oddly cold. Coming from Starcraft 2, the units feel really unresponsive, as they don't change their actions while in another animation (say, attacking). It also annoys me that they don't stay in cover, and that I can't see the range of certain skills. Maybe I should start on a lower difficulty, where my units don't feel so weak, but I'm hoping it will get better.
    For a Starcraft player yo really oughta try Company of Heroes first, Dawn of war is more like dota or diablo's transition into strategy gaming. Company of heroes genuinely offers things that will impress a strategy gamer, a territory control and unit synergy that IMHO starcraft fumbles at in its attempt to keep the old fans happy.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-10-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

But I want to play it nooooooowwww

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Tried Crysis 2 for the first time,it looks good,it plays good,it sounds good as well lol,soundtrackk is superb. Only downsides so far are no prone and no lean,also enemies are kinda stupid,i don't even use cloak and i dealed with all of them with ease (Hard difficutly). Overall it feels good,graphics are really gorgeous,don't know why are people so harsh towards this agme.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    For a Starcraft player yo really oughta try Company of Heroes first, Dawn of war is more like dota or diablo's transition into strategy gaming. Company of heroes genuinely offers things that will impress a strategy gamer, a territory control and unit synergy that IMHO starcraft fumbles at in its attempt to keep the old fans happy.
    In theory I know that, but it was there in a store, costing only 3€...I couldn't resist. Also CoH is a 1000GB download which scares me. I will probably get it in the next Steam sale anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I was ready to perpetrate violence against employees of Obsidian after completing Lonesome Road. Massively overleveled enemies that teleport on top of you if you step off the main path. The antagonist is an inarticulate caveman who's motivation is "I smolder with generic rage." O.k., to be fair I may have missed some exposition due to not exploring because of the whole one hit kill deathclaws appearing out of thin air thing. And I didn't touch the holotape with his final message on it, because by that point it had long since exceeded the limits of my patience and I no longer gave a fuck.

Honest Hearts was OK, and I enjoyed Old World Blues. The one thing about OWB is you may have a harder time of it if you're only good with standard guns. Some of the enemies are very nearly immune to bullets, and you won't find much ammo. That said, it contains a melee weapon that will tear them up, even if you're not that skilled in melee.

Just finished TRAUMA. It's another of those cases when I wish the RPS guys could just package their playing experience in a file which I can download and then send to my brain and in 5 seconds live through the experience they lived, because, well, my impressions are pretty much the same as John's so it would have saved me 1:08:55.

Anyway, is there any unlock for beating 100% of the game? I see what collecting all endings in one chapter entails, but it's not clear to me if there's a point to collecting all of the photos (though after playing the game I fear the answer is no)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Just finished TRAUMA. It's another of those cases when I wish the RPS guys could just package their playing experience in a file which I can download and then send to my brain and in 5 seconds live through the experience they lived, because, well, my impressions are pretty much the same as John's so it would have saved me 1:08:55.

Anyway, is there any unlock for beating 100% of the game? I see what collecting all endings in one chapter entails, but it's not clear to me if there's a point to collecting all of the photos (though after playing the game I fear the answer is no)
    It probably involves more of that narrator's voice, so the question is do you really want it? She's the reason why I only went through one of the scenarios.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Amalur. Pretty good so far, I don't know that I'll get hundreds of hours out of it but it's a solid effort.

Also beat A.R.E.S. a little while ago. I don't really recommend it, it's very average for a Megaman clone, and I beat it in a solid 2 hours without really trying. It was supposed to be an episodic affair, but that never materialized so the little bit of story that is there ends with a very uninteresting cliffhanger. Glad I got it for the price of free.
    Last edited by Kodeen; 12-10-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Network Hub
    Being all behind the times, I'm currently playing the original Torchlight (and drowning under vendor trash - I realise your pet can go sell stuff for you, but could we just get less of it dropped instead?), the best roguelike ever Brogue, and am seriously tempted to break out the original X-COM again for old times sake.

At some point I should probably get around to completing SpaceChem, too (I sort of drifted away from it towards the middle of the second-last planet, with the *spoilers*). The problem with Humble Indie bundles is that I have too many half-finished indie games right now...

Finished Skyrim last night and sadly removed it from my Hd.
    Why sadly? It's a game I adored at the beginning, liked in the middle and was very disappointed of in the end (played 120 Hrs, according to Steam).

The ending was also quite bad but he main quest line was good, most of the time.

And now it's time for some X-com!

Tried Crysis 2 for the first time,it looks good,it plays good,it sounds good as well lol,soundtrackk is superb. Only downsides so far are no prone and no lean,also enemies are kinda stupid,i don't even use cloak and i dealed with all of them with ease (Hard difficutly). Overall it feels good,graphics are really gorgeous,don't know why are people so harsh towards this agme.
    It's good looking but quite dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    It's good looking but quite dumb.
    Well its pretty clear already from the start that its quite simplified but still its fun to play,more then majority of fps games released this days.

Banned
    Well its pretty clear already from the start that its quite simplified but still its fun to play,more then majority of fps games released this days.

of course it is better than COD type shooters. but compare to crysis its nothing.

i do agree. Soundtrack is superb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z81KirL8fv8

Well there is very small number of fps games which are better then crysis so its kinda unfair to compare anything with it.

Otherwise new XCOM have nice soundtrack as well :D