Page 456 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556956 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,120 of 23789
    Played x-com till 2am.
    Kids woke up at 6:15.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Played x-com till 2am.
    Kids woke up at 6:15.
    Just don't "cover to cover" on the school run.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I don't think I even scratched the Flagship's hull. Shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Played some more of Crysis 2,fun game. Need to play Pes 2013 and continue with my winning Slovenia,Euro Finale here i come :|

Why can0t you manually save in Crysis 2 is beyond me,fucking hate those checkpoints. I'm playing on highest difficulty settings and just because of one sneaky bastard that surprised me behind i need to replay whole stage from the beginning,its tedious.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 13-10-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I don't think I even scratched the Flagship's hull. Shit.
    It was the same for me the first time I got to the final stand on Normal... you need pretty bad-ass weaponry if you want to beat that into submission. You might also want to check the FTL specific thread if you haven't already, although people over there are pretty far in the game.

Also yesterday I found out FTL is not a good game to play when you're feeling fucking miserable. I tried some TS2013 instead and that sort of worked, driving a freight train on a cold, rainy night all alone in the German countryside, with the occasional burst of harsh lights from the stations where the life is but you won't be able to stop in. That could have good material for an existentialist AAR ...if I only could write :P

...until my train got stuck on a red light for like 20 minute, until I opened the web browser and found out that somehow a switch ahead of me had changed in a way that blocked the entire railway. Ace!
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Guild Wars 2

With the collapse of the Henge of Denravi's Titan Alliance and the transfers of a lot of major WvW guilds to lower tiered servers - thanks in large part to resentment over the top-down leadership structure, the long queues and the overpopulation due to me-too guilds flooding a winning server - Jade Quarry catapulted to the top in the North American ladder... where it was immediately beset by transferring guilds that contributed to six hour queues and a dick-waving fight with the established guilds, leading to a proposed exodus for lower tiers.

The problem: Free transfers.

ArenaNet hasn't fixed server guesting, and as such free transfers are still in effect, which is playing merry havoc with whomever happens to be the top tiered server in WvW. People flood winning servers until the game is unplayable, then flee like rats.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Wooooo!

Suck it Austria!

Wish I'd had more time so I could completely eradicate the Habsburg threat and teach Venice a lesson or two, and the Papal States who did approximately jack shit the entire game beyond be an eastern threat.
    Oh well, plenty more campaigns left. These mini ones are damn good fun once you realise the time-frame.

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
    Le jour de gloire est arrive!
    Contre nous de la tyrannie,
    L'etendard sanglant est leve! L'étendard sanglant est levé!
    Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
    Mugir ces feroces soldats?
    Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras
    Egorger nos fils et nos compagnes!
    etc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Chime. I wanted to play some other games I had lines up, but that little thing I picked up in the Oktoberfest Indie Bundle is sucking up all my game time. Not that I mind, it's good fun.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Guild Wars 2

With the collapse of the Henge of Denravi's Titan Alliance and the transfers of a lot of major WvW guilds to lower tiered servers - thanks in large part to resentment over the top-down leadership structure, the long queues and the overpopulation due to me-too guilds flooding a winning server - Jade Quarry catapulted to the top in the North American ladder... where it was immediately beset by transferring guilds that contributed to six hour queues and a dick-waving fight with the established guilds, leading to a proposed exodus for lower tiers.

The problem: Free transfers.

ArenaNet hasn't fixed server guesting, and as such free transfers are still in effect, which is playing merry havoc with whomever happens to be the top tiered server in WvW. People flood winning servers until the game is unplayable, then flee like rats.
    Wow, HoD is no more eh?
    I thought its only a matter of time ever since that mass transfers. History will repeat itself on the next top 1 server (JQ) until Anet close the server transfer.

Havent log-in for quite a while now as TL2, 2k13 and XCOM are occupying my limited hours for gaming. And GW2 being a good mistress smiling indulgently at me waiting till I get bored and came back to her.

Do they announce what they have in store for holloween? I remember having alot of fun in GW1 during these events.

Edit:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Guess Ill come back sooner than I think.
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 13-10-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Network Hub
    After hearing thatMists of Pandaria will allow a player to control a panda, I just felt a strongurge to roll my eyes. Playable Pandas are simply beyond my concept of WoW as itis right now. I could not help but think of a Pokemon rip-off, not the so-called"next World of Warcraft". Short story long, it took me a few days todecide whether or not to get the game. A big fan of WoW since a couple of yearsago, I decided to eventually give it a try. The weekly review from gamearenaabout Mists of Pandaria was very encouraging in trying to come up with apersonal decision whether or not I would want the game.
    I think the one ofbig things that really got my attention was the raising of the levels to a newcap of 90, which, according to reviews will let players to fly in Pandariaanytime and unlock scenarios and overcome dungeon challenges.
    I like the idea thatafter passing level 90, you can already explore a big chunk of Pandaria. Evenat the lower levels below 90, I like Blizzards strategy to make players hungryto unlock more levels everytime, leading players from one area to the next. Thereare more quests available at the end of group of quest always and I alwayslooked forward to keep on the quest line because there are some pretty sweetlook waiting for me everytime.
    It's needless to saythat quests are the main motivation in WoW but players of the expansion Mistsof Pandaria have even greater opportunity to satisfy their longing to get more.And I like this expansion for that. After exhausting all I can do on the originalgame, Mists of Pandaria is undoubtedly a very good expansion to play.

Finally went through an entire year of Proteus. Previously I was just dawdling in spring and summer (and who can blame me?) but now I continued to autumn and winter as well. When winter came, I thought I'd landed in Yeti Hunter, it was so grim.

The thing I like most about Proteus is that it does impossible things for no good reason. More games should be this ambitious with their impossibilities, it'd make things much less dull.

I had had the same experience with Proteus just before the last patch. bought it, walked around, gaped in awe, and figured out what the "wheel of time" does.

I did notice something changing when I actually stepped inside. (trying to keep this spoiler-free), but it was subtle in a way that I'm not sure I'm used to in games, so I attributed any changes to randomisation.

Finding out that there are these... seasons, and an actual endgame, was a revelation. well, ok, I did not actually find out, I was told and went to see for myself. Amazing event in gaming. Have you seen that... tree?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Wow, HoD is no more eh?

I thought its only a matter of time ever since that mass transfers. History will repeat itself on the next top 1 server (JQ) until Anet close the server transfer.
    Already has. JQ(Q) just lost at least three top WvW guilds, and the self-declared leaders currently are a transfer guild.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I had had the same experience with Proteus just before the last patch. bought it, walked around, gaped in awe, and figured out what the "wheel of time" does.

I did notice something changing when I actually stepped inside. (trying to keep this spoiler-free), but it was subtle in a way that I'm not sure I'm used to in games, so I attributed any changes to randomisation.

Finding out that there are these... seasons, and an actual endgame, was a revelation. well, ok, I did not actually find out, I was told and went to see for myself. Amazing event in gaming. Have you seen that... tree?
    I don't think so. Well, I saw a tree, and it was really big, but there wasn't an 'endgame' associated with it. I did find out that there's not just one island; the one that I finished had its 'stonehenge' near the ocean, a ring of statues nearby, surrounded by three towers not far away from each other. When I went back, I was at another island with a few cabins here and there. I'd encountered those before, but completely forgotten about them. That's also the island with the big tree.

So at the end, I basically ascended into heaven, and that was it. Afterwards, the option 'reveal hidden stuff' was enabled, but when I started again I didn't see any difference. What's that do, anyway?

Well, I've been playing Patrician 3 which is quite interesting a game - from just a single trade ship to now expanding my city with houses and workshops. Watching my little empire grow :)

Thanks to a friends generous donation, I now own Civilization 5 and been trying it out as well. I only played Civ1 and Alpha Centauri before, so it's a big leap here. So far its... okish. I don't like the "shared happiness" of all towns rather than each one having its own. But I can understand why they made the change (managing late-game 20+ towns could get tedious as heck). I like the policies, kind of like in Alpha Centauri. Overall it feels somehow... simpler/streamlined, which I kind of dont like coming from Civ1/AC, but again totally understand the reason behind it (both games weren't very accessible to beginners...)

I also gave Settlers 2 a quick whirl as it was on sale on GoG. Back in the day, I played tons of Knights and Merchants which is similar to Settlers. Final Verdict: KnM is better. I do like the idea of flags and how the transport "flows" from flag to flag, but don't like how little control I have and how everything is managed almost entirely via making buildings; interface is a bit tedious (excusable given game's age); but the worst thing is how... slow the game is. I feel like I am spending 1/4th time planning/making decisions, and 3/4 waiting. Towards the end of first mission I just switched to windowed mode and started browsing TTLG :p So yea, don't think I'll be going back to it...

Well, off I go back to my empire-building in Patrician and Civ. Altho I've been slowly getting a creeping urge to play Thief 2 - I only played the first before.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Two days ago i installed XCOM and went through first mission,today i played the game for about 4 hours,one more mission,one more turn.. haha crazy game :D

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    I also gave Settlers 2 a quick whirl as it was on sale on GoG. Back in the day, I played tons of Knights and Merchants which is similar to Settlers. Final Verdict: KnM is better. I do like the idea of flags and how the transport "flows" from flag to flag, but don't like how little control I have and how everything is managed almost entirely via making buildings; interface is a bit tedious (excusable given game's age); but the worst thing is how... slow the game is. I feel like I am spending 1/4th time planning/making decisions, and 3/4 waiting. Towards the end of first mission I just switched to windowed mode and started browsing TTLG :p So yea, don't think I'll be going back to it...
    the 10th anniversary adds up to *8 speed, a useful thing. But one thing, don't play the campaign which is boring, play the skirmish. Set yourself high AI opponents, High AI in settlers does not cheat, its just smarter and better at the game.

I used to play settlers 2 in multiplayer and in a funny way its anything but slow, you need to careful and evenly distribute your resources if you want to expand exponentially. Throwing out a wood plantation and a storehouse is not as good as throwing out 2 wood plantations and quickly funnelling one wood supply into a farming group (cutting paths during building helps keep the districts separate) and another wood plantation pumping out expansion projects.

Eventually you will want to throw up a stronghold to use as an academy where you send all of your gold coins to build up a crack troop of generals while allowing your privates to skirmish with catapults and half hearted assaults.

Eventually you will have a block of skilled soldiers in your HQ then you switch the soldier priority in a front line building and begin leap frogging through enemy territory cutting off commerce projects and hopefully isolating their reinforcement line.

It might not be starcraft fast, but you do end up with alot to think about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Still playing Silent Storm. Or, replaying it; I've finished it several times, but I haven't played it in the past four or five years.
    It holds up very well, the game mechanics are mostly excellent and while the graphics lack the modern fancy effects and shaders, they are fine. It does lack widescreen support, but it didn't take long before I stopped noticing the black bars.

Here I'm tearing a house down, mainly because the 'Leave' button refused to turn green (which means you've killed all enemies) and I was looking for the enemy I'd missed. Never found him, but I seem to remember having that problem with this mission before, so it might be a glitch (the 'heard' indicators are all for civilians). I kind of knew he wasn't in the house, but I got a bit caught up in demolishing it.

14-10-2012 23.58.51.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Terrifying Settlers 2 things
    The way you play Settlers 2 makes me look like a 5-year old girl. I like to slowly build a kingdom with, what to my mind is anyway, a nicely laid-out building plan.
    You're describing some kind of Soviet-era construction plan where inefficiency is not to be tolerated. I've never even thought of playing S2 in that way. For me it was the happy game with charming music and oddly chivalrous soldiers. And pig farms. And foresters planting their fucking trees all up in my hood.

Hah, yeah I guess what I'm saying is 'it's slow if you want it slow'. "Don't get me started on the specifics of turning small islands into the equivalent of a resource firehose.