Page 459 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509559959 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 23599
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Mark of the Ninja.

This game is dark, very dark; it's hard to see my own dude sometimes.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Well, it is a ninja.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Torchlight 2 and little else. I've got a level 42 Embermage hacking his way through Act 3, and things just get more fun as we go along.

I really do need to get back to my New Vegas game, if only to finish it off, but that Dead Money fiasco totally killed my momentum and with it, any urge to continue playing. Worst. DLC. Ever.

I also really need to get going with some Crusader Kings 2, I'm really excited about the Legacy of Rome expansion and what it means for playing in the Byzantine Empire.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Torchlight 2 and little else. I've got a level 42 Embermage hacking his way through Act 3, and things just get more fun as we go along.

I really do need to get back to my New Vegas game, if only to finish it off, but that Dead Money fiasco totally killed my momentum and with it, any urge to continue playing. Worst. DLC. Ever.

I also really need to get going with some Crusader Kings 2, I'm really excited about the Legacy of Rome expansion and what it means for playing in the Byzantine Empire.
    Funny how polarizing Dead Money is. From what I've read between here and The Codex, it has the most people calling it the best or worst DLC - usually offering the same details as reasons.

Edit: None of the other DLC is like Dead Money btw.
    Last edited by agentorange; 18-10-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Funny how polarizing Dead Money is. From what I've read between here and The Codex, it has the most people calling it the best or worst DLC - usually offering the same details as reasons.

Edit: None of the other DLC is like Dead Money btw.
    Glad to hear it. Being as it's hyper-linear and highly character driven, I can see how it would appeal to a certain kind of gamer. Personally, that's the last thing I want in my otherwise open-world game, and mechanics like the beeping collar of pixel-hunting doom layered on top of that turned it into something that sucked every last drop of fun out of the game for me. I quit and reverted to a pre-DLC save, but with my momentum broken I'm finding it hard to jump start my playthrough again. It'd be a shame, given how close to the end I am, to leave it completely dead though. I do still have the other DLC's to try, as well.

Try Honest Hearts and Old World Blues if ya can. Lonesome Road is much in the same vein of Dead Money in terms of linearity. I still enjoyed Dead Money tho, but I was warned in advance of its issue, so that might have a lot to do with it.
    Last edited by Battle Programmer Spike; 18-10-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Gonna start playing DoW 2 pretty soon,only played demo and liked it.
    I'd recommend Retribution if you love the first game even more. Also, Baneblade tank
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

still trying to look for a new one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    40 hours in XCOM on Classic Ironman, going to start 16-th( or is it 19-th?) game today, lost my last squad and half Council countries by mid-June. I feel like I'm still learning though. And it's not really that frustrating most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Gonna start playing DoW 2 pretty soon,only played demo and liked it.
    I hope ypu like it enough to try multiplayer. We desperately need more people in Retribution mp, I'm tired of playing against same 10 people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I was in beta for Retribution and already then people were five times better then me,i'm gonna stick with SP,sorry pal :D

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    I have played so much XCOM. I'm not letting myself boot it up tonight 'cause I need sleep. I thought I'd played lots of FTL and BoI with 16 hours apiece, but I've matched that with XCOM in under a week.

Normal, Iron Man. I've had some brutal losses, but I'm learning lots of lessons for my eventual Classic, Iron Man campaign.
    At the moment I'm kind of stuck. I need Firestorms to take out the main UFO, but I haven't built a single one 'cause I've hardly had any interceptions at all this whole game. But my Interceptors are shite for taking down this thing, and I'm broke 'til my next Council Meeting.
    On the ground I do well the majority of the time, though my team has suffered at the hands of Cyberdiscs and Heavy Floaters lately. Only one death-by-Berserker so far, and not that many Muton-related deaths considering how many there are and how dangerous they can be.

2 things I'd like them to fix (but they may not, and I'll still love the game):
    - Make the UI a bit better for PC. It's obviously a cross-platform game. It's not actively bad, but it could be better.
    - You should be able to sell old gear. Now that I'm kitted out with Plasmas I really don't need the lasers, and those Nano-Fiber vests were a complete waste of money from the start (I didn't realise they took up a precious Equipment slot). I don't even want money, just being able to melt them down for alloy or something would be cool though.

And also I hear MP is P2P, which is a bit crap for us PC folk.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I don't think they do anything with UI,but pc modders on other side..I hope its modable game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If you do buy retribution play it either as the orks (for the funniest plot) or the nids (disgustingly overpowered), the campaign is pretty bad.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The UI is a bit tiresome in XCOM, particularly when I'm trying to use grenades or rockets and things like that, the camera tends to move around very badly. I initially thought that the targetting and special ability use was a bit crap, but there are usually not many targets onscreen so I don't have any problem with that. Similarly, I thought that one-click move would be a disaster but it hasn't troubled me yet. One thing I am missing is line-of-sight and gun range indicators. Particularly, what I want is to be able to see the line-of-fire and flanking for potential moves. The cover system can be a bit awkward to tell whether your move is going to let you get a good shot on your target.

Still, the UI is better than I thought it was when I started playing.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    And also I hear MP is P2P, which is a bit crap for us PC folk.
    P2P is completely adequate for turn based games and games with 4 players (only need 6 connections between players) but grow untenable above that, (for example 8 players require 28 connections for complete integration).

But a turn based game can take all of the time in the world to process validate and distribute.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The UI is a non issue for me, maybe because I use a 360 controller instead of KB+M. After a hard days at work, I boot up steam big picture and play XCOM in a sofa with my feet up.

I just finished the 1st "assault base" mission. Currently training up more assault and heavy as most of my soldiers are support and snipers.

I never tried playing the MP yet. Is it good? Is it random or I can play with friends?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If you do buy retribution play it either as the orks (for the funniest plot) or the nids (disgustingly overpowered), the campaign is pretty bad.
    Not to talk about how the space marine's campaign has problems sticking with what happened on your game of Chaos Rising.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 18-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Playing XCOM i realized how much i would love to see same kind of game only with modern military settings :D

How did the Guard's campaign fare in this game?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    The UI is a non issue for me, maybe because I use a 360 controller instead of KB+M. After a hard days at work, I boot up steam big picture and play XCOM in a sofa with my feet up.
    I find it strange that a turn-based strategy game would be made easier to control with a controller given that usually playing turn based strategy games with a mouse on your knee is better than using a controller. But I suppose console gamers aren't willing to plug in a mouse.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.