Page 461 of 1240 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561961 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 24788
    Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    What I've learned so far: it helps to not try fighting the tutorial boss with a hilt. That was not as hard as I was making it. :)

I've also learned that I'm pretty terrible at trying to guess what PS3 controller icons correspond to on k/m.

And I'm kind of put off by the camera. The biggest challenge for me so far is just moving and directing my attacks non-spasmodically. The decisions I want to make are an arm's length from my ability to execute them, so I'm always playing catch up. I'm not used to games like this at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    But it's like a person, once you get to know him you can consider it your best friend.
    You need to meet new people.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Actually, you're supposed to go to the Tomb of Giants after Sen's Fortress.
    Yeah. Sen's sounds and looks a lot worse then it is. At first its a prime table-flipping spot, but after a couple of attempts you should be able to judge the swinging blades motion easily / how to easily maneuver around the snakemen to backstab.

Just one thing for mr / mrs / the crazyhorse to remember: When you get to the roof and start hearing the "WUOOOOGH!" moan sounds with a swish of air, move fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Sorry to any Irish people, but I started replaying Fallout 3, and reasoned that if Liam Neeson is my dad, I must be Irish. Relying on Irish stereotypes, I have maxed Luck and Charisma and taken a one-point hit to everything else. We'll see how that goes. Playing with an emphasis on dump stats should be interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Luck is not a dump stat, better loot, better critical, better encounters. It's constantly helpful.

In all honesty Charisma gets over weighed by the speechcraft skill, so I guess you could come to regret that with time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Finished Borderlands 2 for the first time. What an amazing game. Now going to take a break from it to play Walking Dead, Crusader Kings 2, and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by thegooseking View Post
    Sorry to any Irish people, but I started replaying Fallout 3, and reasoned that if Liam Neeson is my dad, I must be Irish. Relying on Irish stereotypes, I have maxed Luck and Charisma and taken a one-point hit to everything else. We'll see how that goes. Playing with an emphasis on dump stats should be interesting.
    You should've gotten Constitution and strenght too. And only fight with fists.

And as helio said, Luck is fairly useful on Fallout games, all my characters allways have maxed luck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    AirMech: Herzog Zwei by way of DotA.

I have quite a few started games and I odn't know which one should I finish first:
    -Machinarium
    -Driver SF
    -Batman Arkham City
    -Trine
    -Super Meat Boy

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finally got around to episode 4 of The Walking Dead. Not only did everyone in the world who DIDN'T buy directly from TellTale's site receive it faster than me, but also the TellTale servers were screwy for a few days and refused to let customers complete their downloads. I could moan about this and how the xbox certification process is ruining it for the PC till I'm blue in the face.

As for the actual episode, yeah, was good. Adds another layer of darkness, with a helpful dollop of hopelessness, and not so lightly seasoned with despair.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Luck is not a dump stat, better loot, better critical, better encounters. It's constantly helpful.

In all honesty Charisma gets over weighed by the speechcraft skill, so I guess you could come to regret that with time.
    Honestly, everything that isn't intelligence is kind of a dump stat in the newer Fallout games. More skill points every level > small one-time bonuses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    You should've gotten Constitution and strenght too. And only fight with fists.
    Given that Neeson is from Enniskillen in the North small arms and explosives would also be acceptable. Ah, my birth nation. Well done with the mostly ceasing to kill each other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Honestly, everything that isn't intelligence is kind of a dump stat in the newer Fallout games. More skill points every level > small one-time bonuses.
    To be fair, Bethesda games suck in the balance department big-time anyway. It's not so much if but when​ you break the game.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    To be fair, Bethesda games suck in the balance department big-time anyway. It's not so much if but when​ you break the game.
    True and, yet again, very much what mods are for. Let Bethesda build the world, but let someone else build the rules set.

Activated Node
    Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! I was drawn into an impulse purchase after seeing videos, and don't regret it. Whereas Mount & Blade had a great premise and good combat mechanics, it never felt "connected" and the disjointedness of the melee battles left me hungry for more. Chivalry completely delivered in this area and I've played it all day.

Guild Wars 2-the first mmo i've ever enjoyed.
    Double Dragon Neon
    Dishonored
    FTL

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    True and, yet again, very much what mods are for. Let Bethesda build the world, but let someone else build the rules set.
    Actually in this world where cheats are no longer a thing I like it when games can be broken, as it's never something you have to do. It's nice knowing that there is a way to play the game which makes it far easier, just in case I run into difficulties and so would be otherwise incapable of finishing the game - or can't be bothered doing the necessary grinding but want to finish it.

Two examples would be Armoured Princess and Eternal Sonata (360 game).
    AP is easy to break when you get access to dragons, then made even easier when demons can be recruited. As soon as that happened I was able to roll over the rest of the game, which was great as I had just about had enough of it due to enemy dickmoves like the spells which did tonnes of damage to either all your units or everything on the board.
    Eternal Sonata had an interesting combat system but, being a JRPG, had no problem throwing poorly-balanced bullshit at you and then expecting you to grind or luck your way past it. Then I discovered a certain item/character combo that made everything wonderfully trivial meaning I could enjoy the rest of the story (and music) with little fuss.

Being able to break a game is more rewarding than flat-out cheating, as it requires realising how to game the rules and always requires some degree of skill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    And the engine. And the story.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You need to meet new people.
    I don't know what you're getting here mate but I was strictly talking about Dark/Demon's Souls.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Spent about an hour trying to get Fallout 2 working perfectly, oh the pain. Flecks of misplaced colour keep showing up, and the high res patch says it isn't compatible with my version or something.