Page 462 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 23656
    Ive been playing XCOM Enemy Unknown and Dishonored.
    Ive also been playing Dark Souls.

Its sorta funny, because I play Dark Souls, give up, and play Dishonored or XCOM until My bravery returneth!
    I also have to get around to playing the rest of The Walking Dead Episode 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I don't know what you're getting here mate but I was strictly talking about Dark/Demon's Souls.
    I believe you.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm in stealth game mode.

I'm a good chunk of the way through Dishonored. I've been taking an ultra-stealthy no-kills approach, so it's taking me longer than most, but it's very rewarding.

I must say that the level design is exquisite; it does seem to cater for multiple playstyles, depending on what skills you've picked. It also makes me want to replay missions purely because I want to experience a different way of doing the level. I can't recall another game making me feel like that since the original Deus Ex.

I'm definitely going to give this a second playthrough as a murdering psychopath and see how differently the levels pan out.

I've also started Mark of the Ninja, which is also great.

I'm amazed that it's possible to get this quality of stealth gameplay into a 2D platformer. I liked Stealth Bastard, but found it a little bit lacking in some ways. This game delivers the same kind of experience, but improves it tenfold.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Listen to this AWESOME guitar/vocal tune from PES 2013 (Savoir Adore-Dreamers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH4ryqWze6U

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    To be fair, Bethesda games suck in the balance department big-time anyway. It's not so much if but when​ you break the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    True and, yet again, very much what mods are for. Let Bethesda build the world, but let someone else build the rules set.
    And the engine. And the story.
    Sorry for offtopic reply, but your discussion reminded me of this and I wanted to share it:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    And the engine. And the story.
    Beth's engines don't bother me, and in an open world like those I'd rather there were no over-arching authorial narrative. Someone else's notion of story just gets in the way of making my own.

Bethesda's engines REALLY bother me. I can't believe the crap they're still getting away with.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Beth's engines don't bother me
    They do me, but I suspect my complaints are different from the usual moaning about animations or whatever. Bethesda make good engines given their limitations - they want very fancy graphics, and they have to squeeze it into an aging console. Discard one of those requirements, and you could again have the seamless world of Morrowind (including levitation) and much much more.

Come to think of it, Bethesda are the only company still making genuinely open-world AAA RPGs, aren't they? Certainly the only moddable ones. So they have that going for them.

Oh, and Football Manager 2013 is rather buggy in its current preorder beta form. Classic mode is enjoyable regardless, but they've managed to take the notoriously bad defending from previous games and make it so much worse. Fullbacks just stand and watch as wingers run past them, defenders can't clear the ball from the six yard box, and every decent cross results in a goal. The last of which at least has been acknowledged as a bug and should be fixed before release.

I'm looking forward to the new management elements like the head of youth development and the director of football...after they've fixed the core simulation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post
    They do me, but I suspect my complaints are different from the usual moaning about animations or whatever. Bethesda make good engines given their limitations - they want very fancy graphics, and they have to squeeze it into an aging console. Discard one of those requirements, and you could again have the seamless world of Morrowind (including levitation) and much much more.
    Nothing to disagree with there, though I suppose I think of that less as a complaint about the engine and more as a complaint about the generally dilapidated state of the AAA gaming industry as a whole.

Come to think of it, Bethesda are the only company still making genuinely open-world AAA RPGs, aren't they? Certainly the only moddable ones. So they have that going for them.
    Yup, which buys them a lot of slack to my mind. Hell, I'm not really aware of much in the way of non-AAA open world RPG's either when you come down to it.

To topic:

Still playing Torchlight 2. Still really enjoying it. Starting to get annoyed with the bugs (mostly scripting misfires that leave quests impossible to complete without a world reroll) and the crashes, though. At least once every few hours of game time I get kicked out to desktop, usually when I'm in town. Worse, I had a full system lock-up (requiring a hard restart) yesterday while playing. I've literally never seen this computer, nor Win 7 in general, do that.
    Last edited by vinraith; 21-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TillEulenspiegel View Post

Oh, and Football Manager 2013 is rather buggy in its current preorder beta form. Classic mode is enjoyable regardless, but they've managed to take the notoriously bad defending from previous games and make it so much worse. Fullbacks just stand and watch as wingers run past them, defenders can't clear the ball from the six yard box, and every decent cross results in a goal. The last of which at least has been acknowledged as a bug and should be fixed before release.

I'm looking forward to the new management elements like the head of youth development and the director of football...after they've fixed the core simulation.
    How is classic mode? More specifically, how simplified is it compared to regular FM?

I haven't played an FM/CM game for years, (it became much too complicated for my tastes) but this new classic mode for FM2013 has intrigued me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Gemini Rue.

Just restart it and im one hour in. second day in prison (whatever that is) and back on the planet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Champion League with PARIS again,now we came very far,next match is against Juventus who is two levels better team then any other i encountered so far,gonna take pictures of match and post them :D

Network Hub
    Finished Reasonance last night, and i have to say that after the 'jump' (so to speak) it got really, really good! The ending was handled extremely well with no pretentions of a sequel. A complete and rounded story arc.
    Overall i thought Reasonance was trying the limits of the ags engine though. Controlling four charaters was clunky, and i did find the sections where you only had two characters to interact with to flow alot better. Saying that the narative definately benifited from controlling all four.
    Another thing I found a bit hit and miss were the more tactile puzzles where you had to move the mouse cursor around a maze, or slide pieces into a puzzle, some were great and others were just frustrating (Cut the rope puzzle i'm looking at you).

So would I recommend Reasonance? Yes. But not to someone new to ags adventure games, there are plenty of games I'd recommend first, such as Gemini Rue. But if you can get over its slightly clunky controls there's a brilliant piece of interactive fiction in Reasonance, with some real gut punching twists and turns.

Network Hub
    I’m currently relishing simple yet challenging online games -- Bookworm Deluxe and Bob & Sam in Egypt. Making myself ready for work again, so I’d rather not opt for composite games for now. With these games, there's no waiting, and never a full game room.
    Just be sure to check system requirements to avoid any issue.

Dragon Nest and C9. planning to go back to Rose online once it hits steam
    --under construction--

Quote Originally Posted by harhis23 View Post
    I’m currently relishing simple yet challenging online games -- Bookworm Deluxe and Bob & Sam in Egypt. Making myself ready for work again, so I’d rather not opt for composite games for now. With these games, there's no waiting, and never a full game room.
    Just be sure to check system requirements to avoid any issue.
    Smells like bot but tastes like human.
    Curious.

Playing Wizorb. Nice little game. The difficulty is just perfect.

Still trying to find my class in GW2. Got a warrior to 28 and a thief to 20. Should choose one of those I guess.

The production values in Batman: Air Conditioning are insane. Everywhere I go situational chatter, some of it legitimately funny. I know eyes were rolled at the sexism but I'm just neatly filing it under 'additional reason to punch'. Only when undercover cops started calling a woman a bitch did I balk.

Just played the Mr Freeze battle and I consider it to be an excellent idea to use a boss battle as a mandatory creativity refresher, despite how disruptive it was to my sense of being Batman, I felt even more like a Batman after beating it.

Going back to Assassins Creed for AC3 is going to be hard after gliding over Arkham City.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Smells like bot but tastes like human.
    Curious.
    Tastes like (M)Turkish Delight.

Still lots of XCOM. I could go and do the final mission (missions?), but I want to hang back, get everything researched and upgraded and make sure I have a kick-arse team.

Also: fucking Sectopods. Bastards.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Well I fixed the colour issues on Fallout 2. Turns out I had to remove my wallpaper and have the Screen Resolution page running in the background. Makes about as much sense as DA: Awakening refusing to run till I changed the compatibility settings to Windows 2000.

Anyway, feels so good to be back. Here's hoping I can finally get past New Reno this time.