Page 465 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565965 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 24237
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I played two hours of Game of Dwarves now and I don't know if I'm missing something, but the game feels extremely anemic. Apparently there's only a handful of functional types of furniture for actually managing your dwarves, with a couple of more effective/expensive versions for each item (which I didn't need yet or even desired at all). From the screenshots I expected a lot more stuff to build that wasn't just decorations, and the research tree doesn't give me much hope when most of it is just stat upgrades.

Very underwhelmed at the moment.

Network Hub
    I'm playing nothing, as has been the case for 5-6 months since the GPU in my 5 year old machine died. However, in the next few days I should get all the parts for my spanking all-new one, capable of eating anything current for breakfast and marking an utterly huge advance for me. Case in point - I could play Arma II before, and did, but for anything like smooth, resolution was not above 1024x768, with plenty of details on low or off! My new one should be pretty cosy with Arma III full setting, I should think. DROOL!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. A gorgeous and charming platformer.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I am in love with Dragon Age:Origins!! ANd only two RPG games i really liked and completed were Gothic 2 GOLD and Vampires The Masquerade..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Dwarf Fortress. A constant tale of Me vs The Dwarfs, The Goblins, The Elves, The Humans, The World, The "WHERE THE HELL IS THE MASON I NEED THOSE WALLS NOW!!"

After all these years, I finally understand why people have so much fun with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I got sucked into Skyrim and now it's consuming my game time. After the first night I was dreaming about it.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What are you waiting for,try it!

I started Dragon Age:Origins for the first time,music is so epic,story so far is interesting,everything seems so top notch.. I feel quite bad i waited this long untill i try this out :/
    Too many other things to play first, and 3rd person action is never high on the list.
    Have fun with DA:O. The first time or two through that game is great. I was just playing a nicely modded game as a mage a while back but unfortunately burnt out about half way through. Just couldn't be bothered going on, mages are pretty boring in that game.

OT: Playing Neverwinter Nights 2 as a Swashbuckler/Weapon Master and just kicked the shit into the dragon. I've created a character that can barely be hit by most things - even bosses - and though the dragon got a good few hits in the majority of his damage was absorbed. Would have been a far quicker fight if both Sand and Qara weren't taken out by the flamebreath early on (thought the were standing far enough away & apart). It's a fun class to play but will saves are very much a problem I need to solve.

Dorf Fort again and I just conscripte- I mean, recruited a peasant into my main military force for my new fortress. He's the only dorf in that squad and completely unarmed and possibly unarmoured.

I looked up the reports later and found out he just ripped up a bunch of badgers around where I stationed him with his bare hands! He didn't get himself injured too. And I thought the Wrestler skill was bloody useless...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Skyrim, still. But also enjoying a bit of Fallout 3, Saints Row 3 I'm actually enjoying, and any little indie games too. Anything with a good story I love.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Finally got some momentum back with my New Vegas game. I'm gearing up to try the Honest Hearts expansion, here's hoping it doesn't kill the game for my the way Dead Money did. I'm not sure I can come back from that again...

Level 44 in Torchlight 2 and rolling through the end of Act 3. I wonder if the post-game content will hold my attention this time.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Finally got some momentum back with my New Vegas game. I'm gearing up to try the Honest Hearts expansion, here's hoping it doesn't kill the game for my the way Dead Money did. I'm not sure I can come back from that again...

Level 44 in Torchlight 2 and rolling through the end of Act 3. I wonder if the post-game content will hold my attention this time.
    As I said some posts ago (it might be lost between all the activity the last few days tho), both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues are quite good at being more open. I still enjoyed Dead Money, but I'd been warned about its issues. Also, Lonesome Road is quite linear, so you might want to avoid that if you aren't too keen on knowing more about the courier and Ulysess at the cost of some freedom.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    As I said some posts ago (it might be lost between all the activity the last few days tho), both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues are quite good at being more open. I still enjoyed Dead Money, but I'd been warned about its issues. Also, Lonesome Road is quite linear, so you might want to avoid that if you aren't too keen on knowing more about the courier and Ulysess at the cost of some freedom.
    In retrospect, it's less the lack of freedom in DM and more the general design of the whole thing. I was expecting linearity, but the "hidden speaker that kills you" mechanic and the health drain (coupled with the mod load I'm running, which removes healing from food and water) really didn't work for me. As I understand it, at least with Lonesome Road you can come and go as you please. That alone would help a lot with the linearity issue.

Dead Money might actually be an interesting to play through under different circumstances, but it basically needs to be a separate game. I've no desire to play through it with my New Vegas character, and certainly not with my New Vegas mods.
    Last edited by vinraith; 24-10-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Dwarf Fortress. A constant tale of Me vs The Dwarfs, The Goblins, The Elves, The Humans, The World, The "WHERE THE HELL IS THE MASON I NEED THOSE WALLS NOW!!"
    I eventually started embarking with two masons. It makes beginning of the game go so much smoother and gives you a headroom in case one of them wants to party or dives in the well.

Also I don't know if it's even still in the game but "Smooth stone" used to train masonry - just grab a couple dwarves, make it their full-time job then simply tell them to smooth the entirety of your fortress. In no time* you will have two decent Masons, your fortress' value will rise and most importantly it will look amazing. Then again you probably play with that disgusting graphic tileset so disregard that last comment.

* - about a year

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Also I don't know if it's even still in the game but "Smooth stone" used to train masonry - just grab a couple dwarves, make it their full-time job then simply tell them to smooth the entirety of your fortress. In no time* you will have two decent Masons, your fortress' value will rise and most importantly it will look amazing. Then again you probably play with that disgusting graphic tileset so disregard that last comment.
    Smoothing stones now trains engraving, the quickest way to train masons would be getting them to make a shitload of doors, chairs and tables. You'll need them anyway.

I don't get why people detest using tilesets in DF. Not saying that it instantly makes the game look playable or significantly better anyway but it's easier to tell whatever you're looking at than the standard ASCII. Most of the time
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I don't get why people detest using tilesets in DF. Not saying that it instantly makes the game look playable or significantly better anyway but it's easier to tell whatever you're looking at than the standard ASCII. Most of the time
    I figured Moho just slipped that in because he thinks anyone here gives a shit about his hardcore cred. (See also: every other post he makes.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I got sucked into Skyrim and now it's consuming my game time. After the first night I was dreaming about it.
    See you in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I figured Moho just slipped that in because he thinks anyone here gives a shit about his hardcore cred. (See also: every other post he makes.)
    I've come to assume that if he posts something without a dash of negativity he'll die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    See you in two weeks.
    It sucks you in and holds you until you take a break, then you'll never touch it again. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    About to start Costume Quest, to get my Halloween (which is also my birthday) on. Will have a crack at the GW2 Halloween content also, maybe Lone Survior if I find the time.

XCOM classic Ironman can wait til November. I have a feeling I'm going to lose in spite of my almost perfect mission run through due to countries being pussies/me not realising you can buy and upgrade interceptors. Think I've cracked it though, just focus on more strategic rather than tactical upgrades once I have a few promotions. Tactical stuff is fairly straightforward thereafter. I’m very much enjoying it though in spite of finding it abit easy, which is rare in strategy games. It still manages to be engaging somehow in spite of the diminished challenge.