Page 466 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 24776
    I'm playing Hotline Miami and it's just about as amazing as I am terrible at it. But dying is still enjoyable and crushing people's heads in with crowbars is very satisfying ...... and in the game! (sorry, it had to be done)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Cracked and spreed on a few recent releases:

Enemy Unknown: Wish the mouse controls were tighter and that it ran better in general.

Dishonored: It's pretty much everything I expected Bioshock to be... Except difficult. Think I'm gonna restart on the hardest difficulty.

Retro City Rampage: The 15 minutes or so I played were about 50% cutscene.

Hotline Miami: Have you heard it's good? Because it's damn good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Then again you probably play with that disgusting graphic tileset so disregard that last comment.
    Not just the tileset, the whole Lazy Newb Pack. Though I only really use the tileset and Dwarf Therapist.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    THIS IS CRAZY! I keep switching between XCOM,Dragon Age and PES13.. Imagine you could play all of three at the same time lol,awesome *-*

Since I had approached the game wrong I had to restart my Rome: TW campaing. Now a HUGE gallic army (Full stack when no one else even achieves half a stack) is just steamrolling me. I fear I'll have to restart again.

Speaking of Total War games,i remember when i played Medieval 2 for the very first time and i managed to conquer half of the world with england. Then after few years later i went to play it again yet to found out that my economy skills suck haha,its like how did i managed to be so good at first..Even now i struggle to conqeur allot of stuff.

ps. Need to get out Shogun 2,played steam demo and liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Dishonored: It's pretty much everything I expected Bioshock to be... Except difficult. Think I'm gonna restart on the hardest difficulty.
    Yes, I've always played in Very Hard and never found any real difficulties...

What the fuck is with difficulty in Dragon Origins,i just encountered third ware of enemies and its like 15 vs 3 :|

My mather have bow,i am warrior,then there's my dog and servant with sword. I don't believe we can survive this.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I'm playing Hotline Miami and it's just about as amazing as I am terrible at it. But dying is still enjoyable and crushing people's heads in with crowbars is very satisfying ...... and in the game! (sorry, it had to be done)
    It is enjoyable indeed, albeit short (I finished it in about 5 hours). Replayability is based upon getting higher scores and unlocking more masks. It was also surprisingly easy, from what I'd read I was expecting something genuinely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What the fuck is with difficulty in Dragon Origins,i just encountered third ware of enemies and its like 15 vs 3 :|

My mather have bow,i am warrior,then there's my dog and servant with sword. I don't believe we can survive this.

I fucked them up in my second try,kinda funny my mather died and when my dog and i won fight,she got up lol xD

Got back to the first two Thief games,still playing through gold because I got a bit sidetracked with Dishonored. :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Just started on Alpha Protocol as I felt it'd be a nice departure from the rather loud games I've been playing lately. I...well, I quickly discovered that using KB+M was clearly not the preferred method. I got rather better at the tutorial when I could actually operate things easily. I'm onto my first mission and already ran into a road block, or more accurately, a guy in a sentry tower with a machine gun. I've thought of different ways to go about it, but it still results in him rattling a load of bullets my way. Not enough to kill me, but enough to make me want to reload and try again. Can't think of a damn thing.

I feel like, even early on, there's a good concept going on here, but I can already sense I'm going to be fighting the game to enjoy it. I don't know if I'll want that. I'll obviously proceed further, but not totally enamoured so far.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Bloody hell, using the Stainless Steel mod and I'm having about a 50 year stalemate with France and Scotland. I'm stuck with unbelievably useless troops. Still, William Wallace is dead.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Speaking of Total War games,i remember when i played Medieval 2 for the very first time and i managed to conquer half of the world with england. Then after few years later i went to play it again yet to found out that my economy skills suck haha,its like how did i managed to be so good at first..Even now i struggle to conqeur allot of stuff.
    Englands the easiest nation to win as just because you are on an Island so it's harder for enemies to attack you (plus, if I remember, the AI might be a bit wonky so I think some enemies don't attack you at all).

I did the same thing as you, though, I played through the first time as England and everything went swimmingly, then I restarted as another race on the continent and got insta-mobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Just started on Alpha Protocol as I felt it'd be a nice departure from the rather loud games I've been playing lately. I...well, I quickly discovered that using KB+M was clearly not the preferred method. I got rather better at the tutorial when I could actually operate things easily. I'm onto my first mission and already ran into a road block, or more accurately, a guy in a sentry tower with a machine gun. I've thought of different ways to go about it, but it still results in him rattling a load of bullets my way. Not enough to kill me, but enough to make me want to reload and try again. Can't think of a damn thing.
    Ah I think you are referring to the moment where I realized just how much BS the gameplay in AP is, and I even made a small diagram way way back:

Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Ah I think you are referring to the moment where I realized just how much BS the gameplay in AP is, and I even made a small diagram way way back:

you can take down patrol in such a way he will not be detected.
    you can sneak past Machine gunner without being detected.

i don't remember details as i played the game 2 years ago last time but i do remember hating that part but I did find a way to beat it. I played as nonlethal guy. killed only two guys through whole game (one got hit by a rocket later in this very mission by accident. and boss was the other lethal kill)

I'm making a second run right now, and I didn't have any problem with that kind of situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I feel like, even early on, there's a good concept going on here, but I can already sense I'm going to be fighting the game to enjoy it. I don't know if I'll want that. I'll obviously proceed further, but not totally enamoured so far.
    What playstile are you going for? if it doesn't grab you and you are playing any other way I suggest going for stealth/pistol.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    IIRC, there's a back door in the spawn building, allowing you to take out the sniper. Also, I'm not sure if you need to deal with the situation at all. I think that there are side doors to the building. Could be wrong though.

I think that the place JG is talking about is in the airport mission, where there's like a gauntlet with two guys on the ground and one in a tower by the end. That's a pain to get through unnoticed, but I think I managed in my latest playthrough.

Just bought XCOM. Never played the original. Judging from the first few hours it seems to be another source of much lost time.

Saddened by the fact that I can never get a L4D2 group going anymore. Yesterday saw my group of friends leave empty handed because we couldn't field a 4th person for the x-th time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I think that the place JG is talking about is in the airport mission, where there's like a gauntlet with two guys on the ground and one in a tower by the end. That's a pain to get through unnoticed, but I think I managed in my latest playthrough.
    That's the one. I can take down the patrol, but I cannot get past the tower. Got a shock grenade, but that tower seems to be impenetrable to them. Thoughts very much welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    What playstile are you going for? if it doesn't grab you and you are playing any other way I suggest going for stealth/pistol.
    Non-lethal, stealth and pistol. Using just my regular clothing because I'm a cocky suave bastard (who's maturing all the time).

Thanks for the general other comments guys. I'm not going to let the game beat me. I shall defeat it!