Page 481 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 25139
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The lack of locational damage took much of the fun out of archery for me in Skyrim, and that's the only part of the combat I really enjoyed anyway. I know Oblivion/Morrowind also didn't have it but I really hoped it would be in Skyrim finally. Instead headshots are just a matter of pride.

Unless something has changed, in which case I'll see you guys in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I underlined a few bits I've heard violently different opinions on, it doesn't really matter to me anyway as I'll be getting it anyway. Have you tried the wolfpack coop?
    I've not played the 'wolfgang coop' i don't think, not sure what it is to be honest, so maybe i have. its different in lots of ways, its the same in many others ways too though. they have bushes you can hide in, i know that doesn't sound like a big deal but it adds so much. you have to invade these forts and theres no rooftops to hide on so you use the bushes, i love it.
    hunting is fun because you have to do a little work, you can't just chase animals on foot and kill it, you have snares, bait. for example, i find a spot where a rabbit has been feeding, put a snare down, go about my business and come back and i have a rabbit caught in it. or i can get up in the trees, throw some bait down, wait for a deer and pounce.
    Boston just looks so different from all the other ass. creed games and i really like that, hard to explain i guess. just my opinion.
    i didn't expect to like sailing the ships at all, so maybe i was just pleasantly surprised, not sure. but i love it, and i've only done the first tutorial type mission. but it was very fun. the ship handles very well, and fighting the other ships is a blast.
    sorry that i can't do a better job than that but i'm really horrible at explaining things.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Started Skyrim,played that chase sequence then Harold or something (Like that fat viking from comics lol..) said we need to split up,so i went to right and i found the mine,armed with a bow,i slowly approached sleeping guard,shoot him in the head,dead. Another one came yelling that he heard something,i fire another arrow and hit his chest,he doesn't fall..another one i aim higher,bum! headshot!

25 min later... I cleared the mine,got allot of gold and neat stuff,i went out and followed the right side and found a village of people,harold was there,i saved.

Pretty cool game for now,i love being sneaky and having bow :3
    being a stealth character in skyrim is the best. playing with the bow is great, best bow in any game i've ever played. and the Thieve's Guild in the game is great.
    eventually you'll unlock a skill that lets you zoom in with the bow and then they're are 2 "slow-down" skills when you're zooming. 1st is 25% slow-down and 2nd is 50% time slow down. you become a total bad-ass with the bow. and with the poisons you make with alchemy, you dip the arrows in the poison and you are gonna fuck shit up.
    Last edited by doctor_roxo; 06-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    They fixed sneaking? Explain, I'm close to wishlisting this now you said that.
    Depending on what you mean with fixing, it's certainly fun, wich certainly is an improvement, but on later levels it's just overpowered. (Hello, killing a dragon with a single backstab)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The lack of locational damage took much of the fun out of archery for me in Skyrim, and that's the only part of the combat I really enjoyed anyway. I know Oblivion/Morrowind also didn't have it but I really hoped it would be in Skyrim finally. Instead headshots are just a matter of pride.
    Headshots aren't instakills, but I think they grant critical damage, I might be wrong, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post

Unless something has changed, in which case I'll see you guys in a few months.
    Surely this would be an easy mod? Not to mention one I would use.

Well, fuck Shatter, if only the Continue costed you half your points... but losing all of my hard earned points only in order to not having to crawl to a boss stage just doesn't feel right, and I've already suffered it enough times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Can anyone help me,what do i need to do to finish thjis quest,i already got diary of that bandit who was cought in am,spider web..i followed him and killed him,i also went down and killed all those frozen zombies or what ever those things were,i found chest but nothing special in it..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    ps. I missed one gate so i made the quest now,nevermind :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did you find the wall with animal symbols on it?

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    My AP review. Sorry it took so long to write, but hopefully it becomes apparent, quickly, why that was the case. I do not believe there are spoilers.
    Thanks for the link, that's probably as fair a review as you can give AP. I feel it's a hard game to talk or write about, because much of what makes it great can't easily explained to someone who never experienced it, since its qualities are so different from what we usually associate with good games. Not to mention its greatest strength, the way your decisions affect the world around, only becomes really apparent once you replay it, which you're unlikely to do if you didn't enjoy it the first time around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Dungeon Keeper 2! It really hasn't dated at all in terms of playability, it's just got that secret formula that makes it inherently fun. Shame about the graphics/lack of widescreen. If someone re-released the exact same game, with higher resolutions and a slightly better UI it'd be the best DK-like since it.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

too true Jockie, and you're right, it really holds up well.

I sort of lost interest in my stalker playthrough, and have instead picked up Dark Messiah. The combat is really great once you get the hang of it, I'm not very far in, (re-stealing the gem off some crazy wizard who keeps town folk chained up in his basement), but the level design is abit more linear than I would have liked. is it the same the whole way through?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Essentially, yes. Some of the spaces get a bit wider and you get a tool that can help with some verticality and a bit of ground coverage, but it is fairly linear.