Page 482 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582982 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 22758
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Good news is, seemingly the ending shouldn't be too far? so I'll try to muster up some patience.
    I was expecting the game to end once I got out of the building. Nope. Whole city for you to explore outside. Up to that point the game was crushingly tedious, so I just gave up on it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    Paitence and perseverence. I managed to miss 2 key items in that game and was back tracking all over the place. I'm still out on whether or not i enjoyed Lone Survivor. Although I'm definately glad i saw it through, so keep at it alms.
    Unfortunately, I did not have enough patience and perseverance to see it through, I'm definitely done with it. (Sorry.)
    Last edited by LTK; 07-11-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Having just recently completed it I can definately say paitence is a virtue with Lone Survivor.
    I was enjoying the game because for the most part it rewarded me for acting logical, thorough and cautious. The punishment for what seemed a minor ovesight now feels a bit too harsh though...

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I was expecting the game to end once I got out of the building. Nope. Whole city for you to explore outside. Up to that point the game was crushingly tedious, so I just gave up on it afterwards.
    I know about the city: comparing the length of the walkthrough for the different sections of the game, I kind of hoped that part would take less time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I finished the story of Batman: Academic Community, it's not even nearly finished at 47% according to the stats page. It feels a lot like tidying up the nonsense in Assassin's Creed games except with a steady flow of narrative to grease the wheel.
    After reading your post, I now wish there actually were a game called Batman: Academic Community. You'd play as Professor Batman, a dark and brooding academic who lost his parents to the accusation of plagiarism and now has to defeat his enemies through the power of peer-reviewing.

Oddly enough, the first result you get when you search for Batman: Academic Community on Google is Wikipedia's article on Homosexuality in the Batman franchise. Make of that what you will.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    (Sorry.)
    No you're not.
    That's just a reflex word so you can avoid criticism (sorry).

Oh, okay, then I'm not sorry at all.

I don't know what I did wrong in Mothhead, but the cup of honey disappeared into the ground after I bumped into it, so I ended up pushing a lime with the moth to push the jar off the table. Apparently a moth is only strong enough to push a jar when there's fruit in between. Pretty game, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    No you're not.
    That's just a reflex word so you can avoid criticism (sorry).
    That would make Canadians the most passive-aggressive people on Earth.

...Mind. Blown.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

That's another playthrough of Alpha Protocol done with. Don't fuck with an angry veteran bringing a shotgun and fists of fury. It was surprisingly quick, actually. If I'm correct, I went through the game (not fast-forwarding dialogues) in less than 15 hours. Then again, I played on easy so there wasn't really much stopping me. Don't judge me. I wanted a top-notch story, not average gameplay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Listening to that History of Rome podcast about a month back insired me to reinstall the appropriate Total War game. But I felt like going something more authentic this time, and so installed DarthMod 8.1 to try for the first time.

Then forgot about doing this entirely and played some Napoleon, NWN2 and other things for a while before coming back and starting up a Scipii campaign a few days ago. And for a moment I was worried: little fun was being had; the interface looked poor and handled clunky in comparison to Empire and Napoleon, not to mention the graphics also looked a lot worse than I remember; and far from making things more realistic Darthmod seemed to just spawn in large Carthaginian armies. Had I perhaps outgrown Rome? Was it all nostalgia?

Fuck no, just took sticking with for a few more turns. It became apparent that Carthage has just dumped all it's troops on boats and sent them to Sicily, so now they appear quite screwed in other places as I crushed their armies with superior tactics. I also took the Greek Sicilian starting territory which prompted them to beg a ceasefire - which I graciously gave - and so hold the entire island. Carthage have also been kicked off Sardinia and their alliance with Greece is gone. I must say diplomacy definitely works for the better in this mod, at least so far. As a Roman faction I started at war with Gaul, Macedon, Greek Cities and Carthage, and I now have trade rights with all apart from my Carthaginian foes.
    Pretty refreshing after the belligerent insanity of Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Listening to that History of Rome podcast about a month back insired me to reinstall the appropriate Total War game.
    Are we talking a good podcast on the history of Rome? If so, may I ask for a link?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Are we talking a good podcast on the history of Rome? If so, may I ask for a link?
    http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

It's quite good, and quite long. I may disagree with Casimir on the quality of TW games, but I'm 100% with him on THoR.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post

It's quite good, and quite long. I may disagree with Casimir on the quality of TW games, but I'm 100% with him on THoR.
    Oh, thank you! This will be perfect for the train ride down south tomorrow! And a bit more than that, it seems.

And I have you to thank for recommending it. Unfortunately I have no appreciable commute and rarely get a chance to listen to it so am still only on Ep. 25/180. But that last time was on the way back from what I found out later was a successful job interview, so I now have very good memories associated with THoR.

I forget but do you enjoy any of the TW games, or do you just prefer by far the more Grand Strategy affairs where battles are treated more simply but everything else has greater depth?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Oh, thank you! This will be perfect for the train ride down south tomorrow! And a bit more than that, it seems.

It is perfect for train rides.

And I have you to thank for recommending it. Unfortunately I have no appreciable commute and rarely get a chance to listen to it so am still only on Ep. 25/180. But that last time was on the way back from what I found out later was a successful job interview, so I now have very good memories associated with THoR.
    Glad you're enjoying it. It got me through a 1.5 hour commute (each way) 2 days a week for quite a few months!

I forget but do you enjoy any of the TW games, or do you just prefer by far the more Grand Strategy affairs where battles are treated more simply but everything else has greater depth?
    I have a deeply conflicted relationship with TW games. They always sound like a good idea, the spectacle is always impressive, the battles are always fun to dabble with for a bit. However, I find the campaigns just lose me, and usually very quickly. The repetition, mediocre AI, and the general sense that I've traded depth for spectacle tend to result in very short play times.

And yet I keep buying the damned things, because they always seem like something I should really enjoy. Ah well!

i am playing maestia and heroes of newerth atm

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Played an hour or so of Rochard. It's pretty good, but not great. Visually it's like Shadow Complex meets Team Fortress 2, the writing is pretty poor with voice acting to match, and the gameplay is like a less-violent Shadow Complex with mediocre physics-based puzzles.

Though I must say that jumping towards an enemy in low gravity and unloading in his face as you glide through the air makes you feel like a bad-ass. And in the game.

But really, it just makes me want a follow-up to Shadow Complex, and on PC this time seeing as I got rid of my 360.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

However, I find the campaigns just lose me, and usually very quickly. The repetition, mediocre AI, and the general sense that I've traded depth for spectacle tend to result in very short play times.
    I can appreciate that. The TW games have the depth that currently suits me, where Rome allows for a more arcade experience focussed on battles and Empire makes a good attempt at building up the strategic layer (Napoleon seems to aim for the sweet-spot between). I'd love CA to spend some time developing their AI, but I don't find it so bad as to mar the experience.

Perhaps you should be exploring the mod side of things more, seeing as you've bought them anyway. Not something I can really help with as this Darthmod foray is my first of such things, but I'm sure someone else can. If I ever go back to play Medieval 2 again it'll be modded as the base game puts me right off that one. Had some fun with it for a few hours but then the game mechanics-enforced repetition and gaming-of-the-system bored me quickly.

Perhaps you should be exploring the mod side of things more, seeing as you've bought them anyway. Not something I can really help with as this Darthmod foray is my first of such things, but I'm sure someone else can. If I ever go back to play Medieval 2 again it'll be modded as the base game puts me right off that one. Had some fun with it for a few hours but then the game mechanics-enforced repetition and gaming-of-the-system bored me quickly.
    I've been down that road a fair bit. The most fun I had with Rome: TW was with an old iteration of Rome Total Realism back in the day. I've got a lot of respect for Europa Barborum as well, though it's a bit too far the other direction for me personally. Stainless Steel goes a good way to perking up Medieval 2, and I've heard good things about Broken Crescent but never gotten around to trying it. The later games closed up most of their architecture, such that beyond the excellent Darthmods for them there's not a lot to be done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Thorton Inc. I'm goin' for it. And after that, I'm gonna' try the Wasteland mod on Fallout 3 (if I can figure out how to apply it).

I've been down that road a fair bit. The most fun I had with Rome: TW was with an old iteration of Rome Total Realism back in the day. I've got a lot of respect for Europa Barborum as well, though it's a bit too far the other direction for me personally. Stainless Steel goes a good way to perking up Medieval 2, and I've heard good things about Broken Crescent but never gotten around to trying it. The later games closed up most of their architecture, such that beyond the excellent Darthmods for them there's not a lot to be done.
    Ha, then I thank you for mentioning Broken Crescent - that actually looks like something I'd like to try, so long as the diplomacy has been made to work.
    Stainless Steel however I'd already heard of and looks like it makes even more annoying the parts of M2 I disliked most: priests, heretics, inquisitors etc. I understand having deeper religion mechanics are necessary for a game set in Medieval times but M2 did not do a good job with it, or even leave a good foundation to build on which is what most mods seem to try and do.

The Europe In Conflict mod has been highly recommended for Napoleon by sonson (I think) on this forum, and reading what it's about does make it seem appealing. Might be worth looking into sometime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Any one of you mates plan to play Battlefield 1942 again? It's now free on Origin (DLCs not included, EA not generous enough). I think I have the disc but need some serious effort to locate that piece of antique. Hey, this free version has full online functionality.