Page 483 of 1165 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583983 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 23287
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Played Home.. Hmm, it was alright, not sure what I was expecting, wouldn't really recommend it or anything. Logical failures in the text and repetitive environment drained my investment but it hardly out stayed it's welcome.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Played an hour or so of Rochard. It's pretty good, but not great. Visually it's like Shadow Complex meets Team Fortress 2, the writing is pretty poor with voice acting to match, and the gameplay is like a less-violent Shadow Complex with mediocre physics-based puzzles.
    That's disappointing to know for two reasons. First is that I have it through the bundle and was looking to play it (I still will, but now with added apprehension) and secondly, I played Shadow Complex and I just couldn't sit into it for longer than about an hour. I think I restarted it maybe twice because I'd forgotten what happened. I would say I'm maybe not a fan of Metroidvania games, but I'm not sure. Played Metroid: Prime and enjoyed that plenty, although played Prime 2 and 3, didn't get too far into 2 and never completed 3. Maybe I don't like the genre!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Any one of you mates plan to play Battlefield 1942 again?
    Worth noting that the BF1942 they gave away for free isn't compatible with the disc-based version, for whatever reason. That said, it might be pretty cool to get a group going for it at some point (the d/l version) because I haven't played it in years and it's stupidly fun.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I was playing skyrim and more i wonder around at night,more i find the world of skyrim bizzare. For example it was 1 pm,quite dark outside,i was lurking near the road when i heard two people talking. I equiped bow and fired at first one,then when it came near me it was a fucking VAMPIRE,two vampires,at night..in skryim o.O Then i noticed there are two moons lol

After that i found cave i thought to myself,i have two options,cave is filled with bandits,or vampires.. But to my surprise cave looked even more alien and it was filled with nosferatu lookalikes,i managed to get two with bow then i run away .. Spooky shit happens at night i guess.

@DaftPunk. sounds like you're enjoying Skyrim a lot. its a great game. so much replayability. not sure if you know this or not but you can turn into a vampire or a werewolf in that game. i've not done it myself but i'm sure i will eventually.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Ok don't tell me there are werewolfs in game as well,now i won't play it anymore haha :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Ok don't tell me there are werewolfs in game as well,now i won't play it anymore haha :(
    Team Edward eh?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    You can almost completely avoid the werewolfs in that game by not doing a quest chain. As far as I remember I never met one outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    That's disappointing to know for two reasons. First is that I have it through the bundle and was looking to play it (I still will, but now with added apprehension)
    TailSwallower's opinion is pretty resonant with most others I've been hearing about that game. For this very reason, my expectations have been lowered enough that, when I finally get round to play it, I might end up enjoying it more than otherwise :)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Now I'm playing Halo4. As much as I would like to point out bad things about games first, this onegives me a very impressive start. I can't seem to exhaust all the good thingsthis game has.
    Halo 4 is completelyfaithful to the old formula that makes Halo franchise very successful. The Halolegacy is quite evident in this new game. I was impressed when Halo waslaunched years ago, with its perfect combination of versatile weapons and aliencreatures. I could not seem to unhook myself from playing online with friends.Sales wise, Halo told it all--it sold Xboxes and has even become a householdname, and for a good reason.
    Now Halo 4 continuesthat legacy. It's just pretty amazing. The new skin is certainly beautiful. Ialso like the new set of music and the cinematic. Cut scenes are phenomenal andperformance capture so close to reality I sometimes confuse the rendered characterswith real, live actors. It's wonderful to hear how Master Chief's armor soundwhen he moves around. It's another reminder that he is indeed back from a5-year hiatus.
    It's needless to sayMaster Chief is an icon in both our world and Halo's world. As a super soldier,he's a savior and people look up to him for assurances and safety. In the game,it seems there's a sense of ease washing over the shoulders of other soldierswhen he walks through the doors.
    I'm yet to finishthe campaign but I can't help but anticipate how this game will end.Unfortunately, I can't put much time on this game now due to familyreasons. It's definitely one of thefinest games in years.
    And one thing is forsure, there's a universal agreement that Halo 4 rocks. Critics andfans alike all tell that same line--that this game is more than just another installment. I cannot agree more.
    Gamearena's review is a good one though.
    This one from New York Daily is also nice.

RPS - PC Gaming.. Its just to much for someone to understand that :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    It's just the ultimate way for a bot to be annoying

because I'd kind of like to play Halo4

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    It's just the ultimate way for a bot to be annoying

because I'd kind of like to play Halo4
    No you wouldn't. Stay strong. Stay true.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Activated Node
    I'm not seeing the use of talking down to people like that.

(PS: there's already been an article about halo 4 on the RPS site. And it's been quite a while since they were so strict themselves about ONLY PC GAMING. there's been too much anomalies for that.)

No not really,site should stay PC focused,to many sites put console before pc.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    No you wouldn't. Stay strong. Stay true.
    But they're so good. They're modern FPS which don't involve shooting brown people or Russian people, or patriotic idiocy, or constant corridors or linear design. Why oh why are exclusives a thing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    But they're so good. They're modern FPS which don't involve shooting brown people or Russian people
    Aliens are the ultimate foreigners.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I want a manshoot that makes you not only understand the horrors of war, but wonder just what kind of a monster you've become, to blithely end so many lives of aliens who, aside from a few tentacles on the head, are just like you. I want a manshoot to end all manshoots - literally.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post

Welcome to Earth

Banned
    But they're so good. They're modern FPS which don't involve shooting brown people or Russian people, or patriotic idiocy, or constant corridors or linear design. Why oh why are exclusives a thing?
    They involve two of these most of the time actually.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    TailSwallower's opinion is pretty resonant with most others I've been hearing about that game.
    Haha, that's news to me. I thought the game had been well received and was looking forward to giving it a shot.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...