Page 489 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589989 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,780 of 22758
    I'm experiencing the odd crash in Natural Selection 2. Hopefully the devs will issue a patch this week. Still enjoying the hell out of it though.

I'm about halfway through Alan Wake. I'm kind of disappointed that the gameplay is basically a 3rd person shooter, with the added gimmick that you have to wear down your enemies with a flashlight before you kill them. I feel like they could have done something more interesting with the light/dark mechanics rather that just adding guns to the mix.

The atmosphere and setting are great though, and that's probably why I'm going to press on and finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    You're not alone guys,there was this mod on gametrailers (PC section) named Zorlac,who loved Conviction. So there are three of you,plus some console peasants who never played stealth games in their life before.. :p
    Chalk that up to four. I really liked Conviction too; Steam tells me I played it for 50 hours.

The deniable ops missions are great fun, and very replayable.

I decided to surprise myself and played a couple hours of Rochard. The first story cutscene (when you finally reach Skyler) was cringeworthy. I might have to eat those words about enjoying it more than I had expected...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm about halfway through Alan Wake. I'm kind of disappointed that the gameplay is basically a 3rd person shooter, with the added gimmick that you have to wear down your enemies with a flashlight before you kill them. I feel like they could have done something more interesting with the light/dark mechanics rather that just adding guns to the mix.
    In the 360 version at least, there was an achievement for the final (?) level of not actually killing any enemies. You could hurt them, namely wearing them down with the torch (which stuns weaker enemies when the dark has been blasted away) but it makes it more tense and for me, far more exciting. It was the best part of playing the game, I felt. Shame it took an achievement attempt to do so. If more of the game involved simply running away, I think it would've been far superior, but obviously that's just me.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    dude if you haven't bought this yet, don't! or at least wait for a sale or the steam christmas sale. this is one of the worst games ever...ever! or at least watch this before you do...i beg you.
    Wow, that guy is ... PISSED. Thanks for the heads-up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    State of the game:

I've been trying to be peaceful.
    My wars with Carthage, Numidia and Thrace all ended at the same time with the death of their factions. I was besieging Selucid Halicarnassus as there were few troops in there, no nearby Selucid regions (their only other one was in Mesopotamia) and I wanted a foothold on Anatolia.
    There was the odd skirmish with Dacia but a truce was in place, ended only when the damn Senate demanded I blockaded a port then renewed shortly after (Senate have gotten to the asshole stage where completed missions are no longer rewarded but failed/ignored missions involve punishments).

But it seems Halicarnassus is on the Pontic wishlist, as the fuckers just declared war and besieged it. This is annoying for two reasons:
    1. They control all of Asia Minor so beating them is going to take a lot of time and resources
    2. I was gearing up for a move on Rome: SPQR, Julii and Brutii; to stop the Senate shit and ensure I wouldn't have to go against late-game Romans at all.
    Luckily the second point means I have several armies only a few turns away from the fight. And honestly this is going to make things pretty interesting, which is great. It's just, why couldn't Pontus have pulled this shit 5 turns ago? When I may not have held Halicarnassus but instead had a full stack of troops on Anatolia all ready to declare war on them first, before I came up with Operation Fuck SPQR..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Looks like we're the only two guys that really liked Conviction.
    I really liked it. I also liked Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    Just put 28 hours in to Mount & Blade: Warband in 4 days. Awesome at the start, but I found it plateau's quite quickly and just gets tedious. Going to give Prophecy of Pendor a go!
    Last edited by Vicious; 15-11-2012 at 02:28 AM.

After Casimir's Rome teasing and stumbling across Fumarole's awesome AAR, it's only a matter of time before I have a relapse. I'm probably going for Rome with Darthmod, like Casimir, since I've never tried Darthmod and haven't played Rome in a long time.

However, I have two questions:
    1) Is it easy modding Rome on Steam?
    2) How come one side's kills in a battle are pretty much always less than the other side's losses? Friendly fire? Desertions? Auto-dismissing of remaining pieces of shattered units? Is there an official explanation?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    Just put 28 hours in to Mount & Blade: Warband in 4 days. Awesome at the start, but I found it plateau's quite quickly and just gets tedious. Going to give Prophecy of Pendor a go!
    That sounds exactly like my own experience with M&B: Warband. Please do let us know if Prophecy of Pendor reinvigorates the game for you.

I'm currently replaying Starlancer, as I just got my CH joystick, throttle, and pedals in preparation for the two year wait of Star Citizen.

I'm trying to stay away from AC but it's pulling me and making me play it in even when I have nothing to do in it! Help me.... HELP!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm not really playing anything. I want a game that has that 'one more turn' feel of XCOM and Total War, but I don't really know where to go next. I was thinking Civ IV: Colonization, or maybe SINS (not turned based but I can imagine the same conquering feel would be nice).

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Wow, that guy is ... PISSED. Thanks for the heads-up.
    yea Angry Joe if funny as hell when he's reviewing a shitty game.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I might have to eat those words about enjoying it more than I had expected...
    I did end up finishing it, which is more than I can say for the other backlogged games I've tackled for my blog, but yeah... It's only ok. The 5 or 10 minutes before the boss fight are great - too bad the whole game wasn't that fun.
    Last edited by TailSwallower; 15-11-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    After Casimir's Rome teasing and stumbling across Fumarole's awesome AAR, it's only a matter of time before I have a relapse. I'm probably going for Rome with Darthmod, like Casimir, since I've never tried Darthmod and haven't played Rome in a long time.

However, I have two questions:
    1) Is it easy modding Rome on Steam?
    2) How come one side's kills in a battle are pretty much always less than the other side's losses? Friendly fire? Desertions? Auto-dismissing of remaining pieces of shattered units? Is there an official explanation?
    1) Mine is the Steam version these days and it was very easy. Point towards the directory and that's it. Rome has no directory prescence in My Documents or anywhere else.
    2) I think a lot of it is friendly fire, especially if you have a decent amount of archers in a unit. Then there's the 'Casualties Healed' amounts after a battle which may interfere with the kills/losses numbers; I saw a unit heal 90 people just yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RakeShark View Post
    I'm currently replaying Starlancer, as I just got my CH joystick, throttle, and pedals in preparation for the two year wait of Star Citizen.
    Love this game. I'd buy a joystick for it if ever I found a more stable version which didn't crash so much. Tried playing it a few years back with a 360 controller and just got fed up of getting CTDs and having to replay the often half-hour long missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I'm not really playing anything. I want a game that has that 'one more turn' feel of XCOM and Total War, but I don't really know where to go next. I was thinking Civ IV: Colonization, or maybe SINS (not turned based but I can imagine the same conquering feel would be nice).
    Alongisde TotalWar games one of my biggest Just One More Turn games is Disciples 2. Great game with loads of hidden depth.

Thanks, Casimir

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I'm starting to annoy myself with my constantly recommending Crusader Kings 2, broken record style, but once again I find myself forced to. Sure, it isn't really turn based, but I still get the 'one more turn' feel from it. I know that there's a good chance you already own it, but otherwise Gamersgate has it and all DLC except Sunset Invasion on 75 % off.

EDIT: GMG has the same deal, but with Steam codes. Though, weirdly, they have Dynasty Shields II at regular price.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 15-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Wow! Raptr says I've played Assassin's Creed 3 for 58 Hours and I've only completed 32% of it. This'll be a 150-200 hour affair for me I bet.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I played skryim for 32 hours yet i didn't even touched main story xD

THinking about giving another chance to Double Agent and Conviction,i am interested to see what happens to Sam Fisher after Chaos Theory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I played skryim for 32 hours yet i didn't even touched main story xD

THinking about giving another chance to Double Agent and Conviction,i am interested to see what happens to Sam Fisher after Chaos Theory.
    I once had a 200 hr save file for Morrowind where the only "main story" quest I completed was creating my character and getting out of the Census office.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I read somwhere that for completing 100% game in morrowind you needed about 900-1000 hours,is that true ?

Longest time i put in to an rpg was 67 hours (Gothic 2).