Page 490 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,800 of 22715
  1. #9781
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    I wonder how many hours would it take to 100% the Daggerfall then.

    Would one lifetime be enough?

  2. #9782
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Thinking about giving another chance to Double Agent and Conviction,i am interested to see what happens to Sam Fisher after Chaos Theory.
    You have a wii? Double Agent on the wii/ps2/xbox(old) is a lot like "the rest of chaos theory". It's legitimately good and has coop too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  3. #9783
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    Nope,only pc. I just hope DA have enough patches to be playable this time :D

  4. #9784
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Nope,only pc. I just hope DA have enough patches to be playable this time :D
    Floating corpses, unopenable doors, and getting spotted 50 feet away in pitch black says no. ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  5. #9785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    And they blame pirates for not selling so many copies as they wanted to..pff

    How's with Conviction,is it good port ? I heard there were some problems with ATI cards,and i own ATI 4850 512mb :/

  6. #9786
    I played Double Agent a long time ago, I'm a big Splinter Cell fan. I bought the 1st Splinter Cell the first day it came out and have been in love with it ever since. Double Agent isn't a terrible game(although i didn't play it on pc) but it'd definitely the worst one. Some of the missions are good, like this one where you're in a snowy, icy area and you're wearing a solid white outfit. it was a fun mission, but thats the only one i remember. i mostly remember the bullshit parts where you were at your "base" or whatever and you'd have a list of things you'd have to complete in a time limit. it was not well done.

    Conviction takes some getting used to, it changed a lot about the game with the whole "lock-on" mechanic but it's a fun game overall imo. the multiplayer is probably where i had the most fun with that game. its got a whole co-op campaign. and also these other modes, like Infiltration where they put you in these maps and you can't set off any alarms, shit like that, those were fun. and you can do those by yourself.

    in fact talking about Conviction has made me want to play it again. just found it on amazon for 1 penny + $3.99 shipping. bout to buy it.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

  7. #9787
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,312
    If you're adventurous you can try using the Dolphin Gamecube/Wii emulator to run the other version of Double Agent. Not sure the logistics of any of that but in theory it should work.

  8. #9788
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    Don't beleive i can run those emulators with my poor E6550 and ATI 4850 512mb.

  9. #9789
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,805
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    And they blame pirates for not selling so many copies as they wanted to..pff

    How's with Conviction,is it good port ? I heard there were some problems with ATI cards,and i own ATI 4850 512mb :/
    Ugh, I'm Nvidia so I dunno, but it feels rock solid with 1 flax, the version of the cut scene renderer (bink) is a bad one that had a memory leak so I had to grabbed a slightly newer one out of the folder of another game. I forget which game, but that said my PC only has 2GB ram and i run Win7 so every MB is precious to me :)

    Its a truly good game, the story is crap, I'm glad they are going back to "werkin fur da presidant" for this next one because their attempts at a revenge story kinda felt half baked. So, their is nothing in the way of less that lethal takedowns, you cant move bodies and the "mark and execute" super power feels a little cheap unless you are really riding by the seat of your pants into a room. But the game only forces you to use it once during a flashback and at the end in a cutscene, so I guess that's okay.
    TBH, mark and execute does the gameflow wonders in coop, the 2 of you marking up 8 people and quietly grabbing 2 others and filling the room with lead is magnificent fun, its practically a puzzle game, if you use the noise maker on that sticky camera i can take out get everyone into range and I'll grab the guy on the balcony.

    Also, flashing/emping a room and manually shooting everyone before they recover is pretty cool when you have a (optionally set) time limit, faster pussy cat stealth stealth!

    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    If you're adventurous you can try using the Dolphin Gamecube/Wii emulator to run the other version of Double Agent. Not sure the logistics of any of that but in theory it should work.
    Double agent doesn't emulate, taste my bitter tears. :(''''
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  10. #9790
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    Oh come on,you can even hide bodies in Skyrim!!! :D

    But still i'll give it a go via adventurous path,of am..warrior :|

  11. #9791
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Oh come on,you can even hide bodies in Skyrim!!! :D

    But still i'll give it a go via adventurous path,of am..warrior :|
    yea. too bad you can't pick them up, just drag them around.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

  12. #9792
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    At least you can hide the bodies,in rpg game. Buuuu Conviction,buuuuuu! :D

  13. #9793
    Lesser Hivemind Node airtekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How's with Conviction,is it good port ? I heard there were some problems with ATI cards,and i own ATI 4850 512mb :/
    I have a very similar graphics card to yours, Radeon 4890 1GB, and had no problems running Conviction at all.

    It was very smooth, but then again I tend to knock down the graphics settings in most of my games since I care more about performance than the pretties.

  14. #9794
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Borderlands 2.

    Everybody speaks with a thick dollop of my favorite kind of snark.

    I especially like the living pony made of diamonds named "Butt Stallion."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  15. #9795
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the angry dome
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I read somwhere that for completing 100% game in morrowind you needed about 900-1000 hours,is that true ?
    Speaking as someone that's logged several thousand hours in Morrowind (ah, the good old days) I doubt even that would do it unless you were rushing through content. Then again, an enormous amount of that time was probably just spent wandering aimlessly through the environments, soaking up atmosphere. Damn I love that game.

  16. #9796
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Thanks, Casimir



    I'm starting to annoy myself with my constantly recommending Crusader Kings 2, broken record style, but once again I find myself forced to. Sure, it isn't really turn based, but I still get the 'one more turn' feel from it. I know that there's a good chance you already own it, but otherwise Gamersgate has it and all DLC except Sunset Invasion on 75 % off.

    EDIT: GMG has the same deal, but with Steam codes. Though, weirdly, they have Dynasty Shields II at regular price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Alongisde TotalWar games one of my biggest Just One More Turn games is Disciples 2. Great game with loads of hidden depth.
    Thanks guys, totally forgotten about Crusader Kings, I'll see if I can actually learn it. It seems pretty intimidating.

  17. #9797
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Speaking as someone that's logged several thousand hours in Morrowind (ah, the good old days) I doubt even that would do it unless you were rushing through content. Then again, an enormous amount of that time was probably just spent wandering aimlessly through the environments, soaking up atmosphere. Damn I love that game.


    Holy cow then! How long did the game took them to be made ?




    ps. Playing Binary Domain,i don't know what to think of game. Visual are pretty cool but its totally linear game and i fucking can't stand cover system..Otherwise shooting robots is kinda cool,reminds me of cortex command.

  18. #9798
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ugh, I'm Nvidia so I dunno, but it feels rock solid with 1 flax, the version of the cut scene renderer (bink) is a bad one that had a memory leak so I had to grabbed a slightly newer one out of the folder of another game. I forget which game, but that said my PC only has 2GB ram and i run Win7 so every MB is precious to me :)

    Its a truly good game, the story is crap, I'm glad they are going back to "werkin fur da presidant" for this next one because their attempts at a revenge story kinda felt half baked. So, their is nothing in the way of less that lethal takedowns, you cant move bodies and the "mark and execute" super power feels a little cheap unless you are really riding by the seat of your pants into a room. But the game only forces you to use it once during a flashback and at the end in a cutscene, so I guess that's okay.
    TBH, mark and execute does the gameflow wonders in coop, the 2 of you marking up 8 people and quietly grabbing 2 others and filling the room with lead is magnificent fun, its practically a puzzle game, if you use the noise maker on that sticky camera i can take out get everyone into range and I'll grab the guy on the balcony.

    Also, flashing/emping a room and manually shooting everyone before they recover is pretty cool when you have a (optionally set) time limit, faster pussy cat stealth stealth!


    Double agent doesn't emulate, taste my bitter tears. :(''''
    I liked Conviction just because it was " GIVE MY DAUGHTER BACK OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN" and just waste dudes with your certain set of skills. The story might not be that interesting but the gameplay was fantastic.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  19. #9799
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,173
    Haha found user review for Binary Domain:


    Score: 9/19





    One of the best FPS ive been playing for a while, a great characters, great story, nice setting, a unique plot, really, only one minus is that PC version is a bad port, otherwise it would be10/10. For the whole game, it really is a good game, if you let it inside you, if you dont mind clunky controlls. One of the best FPSs this year, and one of the best FPSs ive played in my life, looking forward to Binary Domain 2. Cheers Koty.

  20. #9800
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,611
    Is letting it inside me really necessary?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •