Page 491 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 23786
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I liked Conviction just because it was " GIVE MY DAUGHTER BACK OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN" and just waste dudes with your certain set of skills. The story might not be that interesting but the gameplay was fantastic.
    Why did nobody tell me Conviction was Taken before?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm pretty sure I mentioned this at the time I played it. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Occasionally I download a wackjob free indie game on the recommendation of RPS, and then I completely forget to play it until about a week afterward, at which point I start to wonder what that .exe is doing in my games folder. So today I played Will You Ever Return, having no recollection of it, which is the absolute best way to play the weirdest stuff.

Activated Node
    I have the 4850 1G and it runs perfect. My favorite Splinter Cell game by far. Probably says more about me than the game though. Don't like creepin.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I have a very similar graphics card to yours, Radeon 4890 1GB, and had no problems running Conviction at all.

It was very smooth, but then again I tend to knock down the graphics settings in most of my games since I care more about performance than the pretties.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You have a wii? Double Agent on the wii/ps2/xbox(old) is a lot like "the rest of chaos theory". It's legitimately good and has coop too.
    I remember being shocked upon finding out there are actually 2 different versions of the game (even concerning story, gameplay), and the good one was not the one that came out for pc. And sad. I remember being sad too.

Replaying Dishonoured, using a kill-them-all approach. I don't notice a huge difference in enemy quantity, but some dialogue is recognising my murderous ways. Using all the offensive spells is good fun too.

Rrrrgh. Running out of filters in Metro 2033 is infuriating, especially when I reload the checkpoint and it turns out that filters on corpses I already collected once can no longer be picked up. This game really needs some good old console commands, but those are nowhere to be found. Not even enabling the console itself works.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    To be fair, conviction completely lacks car chases... No...I'm fresh out of differences. Yep, it's old spy murders bads to get daughter, with 5 minute's worth of "oh noes save the president" tacked on at the end.

Oh, and ambient chatter from the guards is puns and swearing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Went through a load more from the Humble Bundle 6.

Wizorb - nope.
    Shatter - "Eh, it looks nice I suppose." *shrug*
    SPAZ - nope.
    Gratuitous Space Battles - "What's happening?" Eeeeeeenope.
    Dustforce - "Hey, this is pretty co...no, doesn't feel as tight as Super Meat Boy." I'll probably complete this at some point though.

Had a couple of breakthroughs in Vessel though and completed the Factory. I just don't think I'm built for these types of puzzle games, but I'm going to push on. I feel compelled to complete it now.

I've not yet touched Jamestown or Rochard.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Jamestown is awesome, Rochard is mediocre, and the thing to keep in mind with Dustforce is that it was designed for keyboards, so you only have 4 directions, binary movement etc. The game is designed around that, so it works great, but it's a very important distinction from "plug in a gamepad, loser" SMB.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    BLOPS2 online. I guess this is what MW fans felt like when they got MW2. The only tolerable thing is FFA with SMGs and I got bored of that after 5 hours.
    BLOPS is one of the few games I liked online but this is rubbish. The campaign is awesome so I don't regret the purchase. Zombies is useless to me.

Network Hub
    Black Ops 2 at last!It cannot be denied that this one will be one of the top 5 contenders for theGame of the Year.
    A prequel or asequel of any movie or game needs to have sufficient innovations to avoidplodding along the path of monotony. On one hand, it also has to provide enoughrelation and connection to the previous installment. This seems to the strengthof Treyarch in their Black Ops series.
    Black Ops 2 allowsit to carry the game by allowing them to test their judgment anddecision-making skills. This I found to be most interesting in this franchise.Of course the game also lets me develop (in game sense) my presence of mind aswell as leadership capability. Aseveryone knows by now, the game allows different endings, and I'm yet to tryeach of the choices. This gives this game more improved replayability factorlacking in previous installments of Modern Warfare series and original Blackops. While not meant to be a spoiler, the game gives a chance to players topractice leadership skills to stir sense of responsibility among team members.While not big, such innovation is a very good innovation indeed.
    The theatricalpresentation of the game is simply awesome. I think this is one of the mostdiscussed aspects of the game review I read. Enhanced versatility ofthe camera, meta-data, one button editing, among others are just some of theterrific features in Black Ops 2.
    In general, thisgame is easily the best among its rivals today. And there seems to be nothingcloser to it now, not even Halo 4.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Borderlands 2.

Everybody speaks with a thick dollop of my favorite kind of snark.

I especially like the living pony made of diamonds named "Butt Stallion."
    Brilliant game. Absolutely shit end game loot system. The latest patch Gearbox sabotage themselves even more.

That aside, amazing game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I'm trying to stay away from AC but it's pulling me and making me play it in even when I have nothing to do in it! Help me.... HELP!
    Switch off the HUD completely and watch the game world come alive. Running around Acre/Jerusalem/Damascus when relying on memory, sounds and sight alone makes an enormous difference.

If you're talking about Animal Crossing however, there's no cure. Aside from suiciding your farm and letting the weeds and spiders get everywhere.
    Last edited by khaz; 16-11-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Heh, I instinctically read it as Arkham City. It seemed a bit strange though..

If my memory serves me right, it should be Animal Crossing.

I'm currently trying to not start playing Rome: TW, while not wanting to play anything else and listening to The History of Rome podcast. It's an excercise in restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Rrrrgh. Running out of filters in Metro 2033 is infuriating, especially when I reload the checkpoint and it turns out that filters on corpses I already collected once can no longer be picked up.
    I remember the first time I forgot to buy myself filters and getting new mask before going out to Moscow. Shit's annoying
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    If you're talking about Animal Crossing however, there's no cure. Aside from suiciding your farm and letting the weeds and spiders get everywhere.
    Tempting. I never caught any Tarantulas before and that bloody owl would take anything (I once caught a fly and he puts it on display with the others). Though, I hate pulling out weeds.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

To be fair, conviction completely lacks car chases... No...I'm fresh out of differences. Yep, it's old spy murders bads to get daughter, with 5 minute's worth of "oh noes save the president" tacked on at the end.

Well, I didn't care about conviction and now I want to play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar

Hey Fisher! I remember you! From that time at the docks! You're gonna die fisher! Come out come out whereever you are, Fisher! Show yourself Fisher, You scared, Fisher?!

It's hilarious.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post

Hey Fisher! I remember you! From that time at the docks! You're gonna die fisher! Come out come out whereever you are, Fisher! Show yourself Fisher, You scared, Fisher?!

It's hilarious.
    Sam Fisher: [Bashing the head of the terrorist against the wall] Face, meet Wall. Wall, this is face!

Victor Coste: My kids never draw anything for me, or write either.
    SEAL: They don't write 'cause you can't read!
    Victor Coste: Laugh it up, first thing I'm gonna do when I get back...
    Sam Fisher: What, you're gonna to go to kindergarten?
    SEAL: I think they have entrance exams now. I don't think Vic is gonna be able to get in, Sam!

Some of the puns the guards crack about you missing the matinee in a cinema [bleh.. spoilers i guess?]you crash a helicopter into [/bleh.. spoilers i guess?]through actually made me stop playing because I laughed so hard I hurt.That and a metric unit of F-Bombs but I don't mind that unless the game is otherwise kid friendly, conviction isn't.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/