Page 494 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544594994 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 21075
    So i'm playing thru Fallout 3 and i haven't found any good places to call home(keep my stuff), so anyone remember any good locations to settle down at?
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    So i'm playing thru Fallout 3 and i haven't found any good places to call home(keep my stuff), so anyone remember any good locations to settle down at?
    Any significant interaction with Megaton (regardless of option chosen) should resolve that problem for you.

Network Hub
    Completed Thomas was Alone in the week. It’s my Game of the year hands down. It reminded me a lot of portal strangely enough. The difficulty level goes up as the game progresses by adding new elements to the puzzles usually in the shape of a new character to control that has a different ability that'll help the party to the end goal.
    While the game is happily plodding along you're also subject to a brilliant narrative with some of the best characterisation I have seen in video games. Yes the Characters are only colored squares and rectangles but the story plays up to that so well. Music is top notch as is the general aesthetic of the visuals. Absolute Masterpiece, I highly recommend it (Its also my first 100% achievment game, yey!).

I also Completed the first part of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, and colour me 256 colours and call me VGA but I don’t think I get what all the hub-bub is about. It just kinda sucked. Anyways, maybe it gets better so I’ll dip into it again later.

In other news I’m on the train level of Black mesa, in the Titan Fortress of Avadon, and looking for True Vault hunters in Borderlands 2 (Steam name: Tom4j)

Quote Originally Posted by TomxJ View Post
    I also Completed the first part of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, and colour me 256 colours and call me VGA but I don’t think I get what all the hub-bub is about. It just kinda sucked. Anyways, maybe it gets better so I’ll dip into it again later.
    That game is polarizing. Many here have criticized it for the light/uninteresting gameplay and the noncommittal style of narration.

For me it was love at first sight, as soon as I saw it on RPS - and I fell in love a second time playing it. Like Lone Survivor, there's a story it wants to tell. SB:S&SEP is epic and trying so hard to not take itself seriously, it's frightening and ridiculous, funny, heart warming and sad, all at the same time. They're both adventures (although of different kinds), but besides the differences in setting and tone, LS wants to make you think, while SB:S&SEP is more about feelings IMO.

Oh I finished Rochard. Why the hell did they pack all the good stuff towards the end?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Oh I finished Rochard. Why the hell did they pack all the good stuff towards the end?
    I assume you don't include the "boss battle" in that surely? Many people disliked the end (not me) because it grew difficulty rather quickly, horses for courses I guess.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

You're given more and more stuff to play with (weapons but also more variation in level design), as a consequence gameplay opened up and became more enjoyable for me. Things started picking up from the point the G-sling was introduced. The boss was easy, mostly a matter of figuring out what to do, it ended so quickly I was left with this feeling of "oh? just when things were getting interesting?" - which I suppose could be a good thing if they're planning a sequel.

I feel like I should play it all over again, but there are too many games in my backlog for me to be comfortable with that.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The boss was easy, mostly a matter of figuring out what to do, it ended so quickly I was left with this feeling of "oh?
    Yeah, the boss battle ended abruptly and so easily, that's why I have a hard time holding it in favour. I couldn't be bothered replaying it myself, I collected many of the gubbins you can gather in my first run anyway.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Not because of the achievements or any drive to be completionist about it, more because of the abrupt end, and to see if the first half still feels empty/dull, i.e. if my first impressions are confirmed or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Battle for Middle-earth. Christopher Lee is voicing Saruman and narrating the Evil campaign. All his lines are awesome.
    His WHERE IS THE RING??? cry always gets me.
    NO ONE CAN RESIST THE VOICE OF SARUMAN.

Finally bought Crusader's king 2 and after a playing for a couple of hours, I still try to figure out what's what in there (overwhelming is an understatement). I think a tutorial campaign might have helped a bit to figure out how to play. Or maybe it's just better that i'll understand things by myself and develop my own playing style.

Anyway, I downloaded the manual and if it's going to be a slow day at work I'll go through it.

I also remember seeing some beginners tips in one of the threads over here at the RPS forums.
    Last edited by Avish; 18-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.

There are plenty of Let's plays on Youtube. I just figured it out on my own and googled a few things that I couldn't understand. You'll get the important part after a little while, though it takes a bit longer to understand the game more or less fully.

everyone is talking about Crusader Kings 2. i feel like i'm missing out on something amazing. i don't normally play these strategy type games though. but i do have Crusader Kings (1st game) and am thinking of giving it a shot now. is it on the same level as the 2nd game? or would it be a poor substitute?
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    everyone is talking about Crusader Kings 2. i feel like i'm missing out on something amazing. i don't normally play these strategy type games though. but i do have Crusader Kings (1st game) and am thinking of giving it a shot now. is it on the same level as the 2nd game? or would it be a poor substitute?
    I like CK1 but it is not anywhere near the same league as CK2.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I installed and played half an hour or so of Broken Sword 4 (got the code with my kickstarter pledge) I loved bs1 and 2 and 3 was fun...

hard to judge game in half an hour but so far dialogs are incredibly corny. and the plot doesn't make much sense either. lolz. I want Nico back also. don't know who that annamaria is but she won't replace Nico.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Just bludgeoned, shot, ran and desicionified my way through the episodes 1-4 of the Walking Dead. If you were going to judge them as a game they'd be mediocre as best (no proper puzzles as such though I guess you could play spot the pixel if you turn off hotspots, constant quick time events, occasional input inconsistency) but judge them as a modern form of a choose your own adventure book and they are top notch. The nearest equivalent game is probably Masq, which takes a more lo-fi aesthetic approach in favour of greater story branching as opposed to Telltale's series which is undoubtedly their best work aesthetically but as such requires a tighter storyline. Nonetheless I've been impressed with how they've handled things, particularly in building emotional attachments to characters and so on. Very few missteps (a journalist who doesn't understand the concept of batteries, at least they were good natured enough to take the piss out of themselves for being so silly in the 2nd episode), I'm already a fan of timed conversations when used effectively and they've certainly done that here.

Definitely intrigued to see what effects my choices throughout the game have on the final episode.
    Last edited by Lambchops; 18-11-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: "Desicionified" isn't even a word and yet I initially spelt it wrong!

everyone is talking about Crusader Kings 2. i feel like i'm missing out on something amazing.
    I know that feeling. Try the demo, although it's limited to 20 years, it may be enough to see if you bounce off it or not.

I gave Trine another shot before putting it aside for good. I don't know what it is with that game, I can usually get on with puzzle platformers but that one just annoys me for some reason.

Also playing Darksiders. Wow, I am thoroughly enjoying this game, I don't know why I let this sit in the backlog for over a year. This game is a better Zelda game than the last Zelda by far. My only complaint is that it can kind of railroad you through some areas a little quickly, but other than that I'm thoroughly impressed. No I'm actually concerned for THQ's future.

Been playing alot of Patrican 4. It has been a blast. FInally become mayor of a Lubeck and am building up defences in order to defy the prince for a laugh.

Next I want to have a go at is BF3, seeing as I havent played in months and AK is out now
    Truth aint gonna change the way you lie, Youth aint gonna change the way you die

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Trying to learn to play Warlock. It's a nice enough game, but I'm finding it difficult to keep my economy balanced and it feels like unit production and overall pacing is very, very slow. Combined with an inability to migrate cities, and a lack of some other nice Age of Wonders features, it's mostly making me want to go back to AoW1 and Shadow Magic. Am I missing something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, the game is nothing like AOW, so maybe? I mean magical and turn-based yes, but it's all about constant combat. It's a game for people who don't want to deal with all the other stuff.